Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

turk Arrested with His Wife's Head in Bag

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TurQ
    Wow,

He speaks his mind obviously as if he really knows the Turkish community in EU countries. Simple same static and primitive assumptions.

Is this a new NeoNazi coalition or what?
    Maybe this have existed long before?

I would be ashamed for these remarks if I were Armenian.
    it is like a broken LP playing the same thing when they hear the word "Turk".

It is sad and pitiful they think they are affecting Eu or world community in the end they effect only ultra-nationalists. They are happy probably they thought they are being influensive without knowing actually this kind of people are just being puppets of those ultra-nationalists and neo nazis. They think they are supported by the Arabs but the very same ultranationalists are anti Arab. Do this people have a dignity to face their Arab friends after this remarks? May be it is one of those countless flip-flops

So Sad, after 90 years this kind of people could only integrated with Nazi Europeans or the extreme left. At least the Turkish community is relatively new, improving and thriving rapidly. Thanks to Turkish state policy that left them alone for 30 something years, didnt help them to integrate successfully. But in last 10 or so years the integration is rapid and open minded Europeans welcome them. On the contrary this lobbyst Armenians could only integrated into extreme left and extreme right.
    I agree that it's an immature reaction, and one that I'm not particularly proud of. But how interesting that you come down so swiftly and powerfully against these relatively benign words, yet you can't muster the energy to come down on the retarded Turks who took to the streets of Lyon and Berlin last week. Every action results in a reaction. Turks run around laying wreaths on the graves of genocidal murderers and protest with signs calling Armenians liars, and you don't have all that much to say about it. Some Armenian reacts, and you come running to the boards.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom
      I agree that it's an immature reaction, and one that I'm not particularly proud of. But how interesting that you come down so swiftly and powerfully against these relatively benign words, yet you can't muster the energy to come down on the retarded Turks who took to the streets of Lyon and Berlin last week. Every action results in a reaction. Turks run around laying wreaths on the graves of genocidal murderers and protest with signs calling Armenians liars, and you don't have all that much to say about it. Some Armenian reacts, and you come running to the boards.

In TurQ's defense, I believe he did. He gave a pretty good rundown on who those people were and their motives and why he thinks their idiots
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
        In TurQ's defense, I believe he did. He gave a pretty good rundown on who those people were and their motives and why he thinks their idiots
        Only after we protested first. He never initiates the condemnation of the stupid actions of his people, which are plenty. Yet, he's always the first to judge what Armenians say or do as a reaction. Same goes for the other Turks in this forum.

Comment

That was a friendly burst against those particular type. The Dam was full, it was leaking and burst after this message. No offense though.
          This is not a particular reaction to a particular protest by Turks. Such people react everything about Turks. And believe me those reactions by Turks are fed by such Armenian actions in Europe. Those people already felt the alliniation in Europe because of lack of integration or racism etc etc. Obviously these guys are trying to take advatage of this. Thats primitive, and as I said it is sad, because thats the most that they can do dominate diaspora and try to keep their community as a ghetto type community.

Comment

I did for the protests in Germany by Perincek gang, refer to those posts

Only after we protested first. He never initiates the condemnation of the stupid actions of his people, which are plenty. Yet, he's always the first to judge what Armenians say or do as a reaction. Same goes for the other Turks in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph
              Sensei,

I know you're not going to like what I say but you shouldn't judge all people by the actions of individuals. There are murders, thugery and injustince in Armenia too.
              You are right and for some strange reason you just couldn't let the facts speak for themselves. I had purposely avoided making any comments on the facts,

But since you insist on preaching to me, I will also insist that you refrain from doing so until such time as we find a similar event where an Armenian walks around with his wife's head in a bag or suddenly out of the blue for no reason whatsoever, Armenians commit genocide on 1.5 million people.
              [SIZE="3"]First Rule of Battle: [COLOR="Red"] KNOW[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]YOUR[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ENEMY[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Turkish Human Rights Activist Sentenced to Prison

(Combined Sources)--Eren Keskin, head of the Istanbul branch of the Human Rights Association (IHD) and one of the founders of the Legal Aid Project for sexually tortured women, has been sentenced to 10 months in prison by a Turkish Court for insulting the Turkish armed forces.

Keskin is being charged--under Article 301 of the Turkish Penal Code--for statements she made about rape and other sexual assaults suffered by female inmates at a public meeting in Cologne, Germany in March of 2002. Her crime was to publicize the sexual torture that some of her women clients reported they had suffered in custody.

Keskin's ten month sentence was reduced to a fine of 6000 Turkish Liras, but the lawyer refused to pay bail, preferring instead to serve out her sentence.

According to the Istanbul branch of IHD, Keskin and her lawyers have already taken her case to the court of appeals and are demanding that the sentence be dropped.

Keskin has become the target of a major smear campaign in the Turkish media. A male journalist publicly threatened her with sexual harassment in a radio program. After international pressure, the Turkish Press Council finally issued a warning in July 2002 to the journalist concerned.

Keskin has faced 86 lawsuits in relation to her human rights activities. In one trial she is charged under Article 8 of the Anti-Terror Law for having disseminated "separatist propaganda" in statements made during a panel discussion on "Violence against Women" held in November 2001.

In another trial she is accused for press statements and bulletins on the subject of Kurdish language and culture which were issued by the IHD between January and March 2002. She is charged under Article 169 of the Turkish Penal Code with support for the illegal armed opposition Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) through these publications. The prosecutor alleges that the statements were prepared according to decisions taken by the PKK.

Keskin had been receiving death threats over the telephone for many years. Harassment against her has included telephone death threats, being shot at, physical assault by a police officer and arbitrary detention and ill-treatment.

Asbarez
                March 22, 2006
                [SIZE="3"]First Rule of Battle: [COLOR="Red"] KNOW[/COLOR] [COLOR="Blue"]YOUR[/COLOR] [COLOR="DarkOrange"]ENEMY[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Sensei
                  ...I will also insist that you refrain from doing so until such time as we find a similar event where an Armenian walks around with his wife's head in a bag...
                  Well, just as an alternate example, there was the Iskenderian shooting. In January 2003, after a heated argument, Zankou Chicken operater Mardiros Iskenderian shot and killed his sister, Dzovig Marjik, and his mother Margarit Iskenderian; he then took his own life in a double-murder suicide. It is believed that Mardiros was in the late stages of colon and brain cancer, which might have affected his mental faculties.

The point I'm trying to make is that just because one individual commits a crime, it is in not a reflection of that person's nationality or ethnicity.

Comment

I thought you would be more concerned about the abuse of the rights your fellow Armenians. This is from armenianow.com magazine.

Good Economy, Bad Behavior: Human Rights Watch report unflattering, but familiar

Armenian human rights development in 2005 was criticized this week in the annual report of the US based Human Rights Watch.

“Although the international community continued in 2005 to look favorably on Armenia for its economic performance, the government has failed to improve its human rights record,” says the Human Rights Watch World Report 2006 released Wednesday. The report refers to human rights development in sixty countries.

The report strongly criticized the Armenian law-enforcement authorities which use torture and ill-treatment when carrying out their work. “Torture usually occurs in pre-trial detention with the aim of coercing a confession or evidence against third parties. Abuse and mistreatment within the army is also widespread, with dozens of suspicious deaths occurring every year” reads the report.

It criticized the Armenian government for the crackdown on opposition parties’ rallies and restricting freedom of assembly. “The authorities have a history of putting pressure on human rights defenders who are critical of the government. In 2005, such pressure extended to the ombudsperson’s office,” says the report.

The report says that Armenia has significant independent and opposition print media, however it mentions that the government continued to restrict full media freedom in the country. Television channels A1+, Noyan Tapan, and Russian NTV, which had aired independent news coverage about Armenia, remained unable to broadcast because the government had taken away their broadcasting frequencies.

Referring to freedom of religion the report says that despite amendments to the law on alternative service introduced in November 2004, Jehovah’s Witnesses continue to be persecuted for their refusal to perform military service. According to the Armenian Helsinki Association, in September 2005 sixteen Jehovah’s Witnesses were serving prison terms, and nineteen were awaiting trial, for refusing to perform military service.

Torture in Army, restriction of assembly, religion and mass-media: The Human Rights Watch organization criticizes Armenian government for the insufficient efforts to improve human rights record in Armenia. Read report and share your opinion in ArmeniaNow forum.

”Although the Council of Europe continued to engage Armenia to make progress in complying with its membership obligations, local groups criticized the organization for weak monitoring of those obligations and for approving the government-proposed amendments to the constitution. Many of Armenia’s obligations to the Council of Europe remain unfulfilled, including resolving the problem of the use of administrative arrests for political purposes, providing plurality in the electronic media, and resolving the issue of alternative service,” reads the report.

It also mentions that the United States and Russia continued to compete for influence in Armenia. The United States protested over the lack of transparency in the sale of Armenia’s electricity grid to a Russian company, which increased Russia’s hold over Armenia’s energy sector. Russia’s withdrawal from its bases in Georgia resulted in Russia relocating part of its military hardware to Armenia. “Increasing ties with the United States led to Armenia sending forty-six troops to join coalition forces in Iraq in January 2005. In March, Armenia and the United States signed an action plan regarding Armenia’s participation in the Millennium Challenge Account, a multi-million-dollar U.S. aid program. The action plan focuses on development of fiscal policy, banking, corruption, and agriculture.”

The full report can be found on http://www.hrw.org/wr2k6/eca/index.htm

Turkish Human Rights Activist Sentenced to Prison

(Combined Sources)--Eren Keskin, head of the Istanbul branch of the Human Rights Association (IHD) and one of the founders of the Legal Aid Project for sexually tortured women, has been sentenced to 10 months in prison by a Turkish Court for insulting the Turkish armed forces.

Keskin is being charged--under Article 301 of the Turkish Penal Code--for statements she made about rape and other sexual assaults suffered by female inmates at a public meeting in Cologne, Germany in March of 2002. Her crime was to publicize the sexual torture that some of her women clients reported they had suffered in custody.

Keskin's ten month sentence was reduced to a fine of 6000 Turkish Liras, but the lawyer refused to pay bail, preferring instead to serve out her sentence.

According to the Istanbul branch of IHD, Keskin and her lawyers have already taken her case to the court of appeals and are demanding that the sentence be dropped.

Keskin has become the target of a major smear campaign in the Turkish media. A male journalist publicly threatened her with sexual harassment in a radio program. After international pressure, the Turkish Press Council finally issued a warning in July 2002 to the journalist concerned.

Keskin has faced 86 lawsuits in relation to her human rights activities. In one trial she is charged under Article 8 of the Anti-Terror Law for having disseminated "separatist propaganda" in statements made during a panel discussion on "Violence against Women" held in November 2001.

In another trial she is accused for press statements and bulletins on the subject of Kurdish language and culture which were issued by the IHD between January and March 2002. She is charged under Article 169 of the Turkish Penal Code with support for the illegal armed opposition Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) through these publications. The prosecutor alleges that the statements were prepared according to decisions taken by the PKK.

Keskin had been receiving death threats over the telephone for many years. Harassment against her has included telephone death threats, being shot at, physical assault by a police officer and arbitrary detention and ill-treatment.

Asbarez
                    March 22, 2006

Comment

What kind of mind-to-mush liberal trash are they teaching in schools these days?
                      I'd love to respond to that question, I really would, but I have no idea what you're trying to ask. Maybe I'm just not "in the know" about this sort of cynicism but is there any other way you could address your concern?

Comment

Working...
                      X