Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Kurdish Terrorists Of Turkey!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from Kurdish history book i've ready once

"Ermeni Millete Kurd Milletinin DAYILARI, bizim en buyug ghalate onnari ..."

it was a long chapter about 1915 genocide, where they said:
    Armenian People are Kurdish people's uncle. Our biggest mistake in history was not listening to them. When Turkish government decided to start the Genocide, they told us to help them in their campaign and our reward was an independent Kurdistan (basically by taking the Armenian owned properties and passing it over to us). Armenians on the other hand, they advised us no to listen to them, because the Turkish government will never do such a thing for a minority ethnic group, it is obvious that they are using you...

...genocide carried out, and we did join in those plunders, murders, rapes, etc. and the reward was; executing those who claimed for Kurdistan from then onwards till today.

Comment

Interesting indeed!

US tells PKK: Hit Iran and stay in Kandil

Ilnur Cevik - The New Anatolian - Erbil / Ankara

18 April 2007

Font Size: default medium large

American officials have agreed to turn a blind eye to the PKK presence in the northern Iraqi Kurdish Kandil Mountains provided the Kurdish militants stir up trouble inside neighboring Iran. This is behind the American reluctance to move to "finish off" the PKK in Iraq.

The Bush administration has been courting the PKK and the Iranian opposition groups based in Iraq and encouraging them to launch terrorist attacks and create disturbances in Iran.

President George W. Bush addressed to the nation on 10 January in which he claimed: "Iran is providing material support for attacks on American troops." He identified Iran and Syria as America's main enemies in Iraq though the four-year-old guerrilla war against US-led forces is being conducted by the strongly anti-Iranian Sunni-Arab community.

Turkey has been pushing the U.S. and the Baghdad government to act against the PKK in Iraq. Turkey recently presented a protest note to the Baghdad administration demanding immediate action against the PKK in northern Iraq.

Kurdistan Regional Government chief Nechirvan Barzani told The New Anatolian recently that the Americans have never even raised the question of launching military operations against the PKK in the Kandil Mountains with his administration.

American officials and intelligence officers are reportedly in contact with the PKK in the Iraqi Kurdish region.

Intelligence sources in Erbil say the PEJAK, an offshoot of the PKK in Kandil, has been involved violent incidents in Iran which has disturbed Iranian officials.

Iran has also complained about the presence of Iranian opposition guerrillas armed, trained and sheltered by the Americans in Iraq. Iranians have pushed their powerful Iraqi Shiite friends in the government to raise their objections and put an end to the activities of these guerrillas with no results.

Senior Iranian officials were sent to Iraqi Kurdish leaders in January to raise Tehran's objections about the activities of the American sponsored anti-Iranian groups and the PKK. Mohammed Jafari, the powerful deputy head of the Iranian National Security Council, and General Minojahar Frouzanda, the chief of intelligence of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, met with Iraqi President Jalal Tallabani in Dukan near Sulaimania in northern Iraq. Later they traveled to Erbil to meet Kurdistan Region of Iraq President Massoud Barzani on January 10. The meeting was attended by several senior Kurdish officials including Fazil Mirani and Kareem Sincari.

Later the Americans tried to grab the two senior Iranian officials in a raid on Erbil but failed. Instead the American raid only captured five junior Iranians on early January 11. This created deep resentment among Iraqi Kurdish officials.

Iraqi Kurdish officials confirmed the incident and said the target of the raid was to grab the two Iranian senior officials.

Independent newspaper reported the attempt by the US to seize the two high-ranking Iranian security officers openly meeting with Iraqi Kurdish leaders and said this is somewhat as if Iran had tried to kidnap the heads of the CIA and MI6 while they were on an official visit to a country neighbouring Iran, such as Pakistan or Afghanistan. The paper said there is no doubt that Iran believes that Jafari and Frouzanda were targeted by the Americans. Jafari confirmed to the official Iranian news agency, IRNA, that he was in Erbil at the time of the raid.

Manouchehr Mottaki, the Iranian Foreign Minister, told IRNA: "The objective of the Americans was to arrest Iranian security officials who had gone to Iraq to develop co-operation in the area of bilateral security."

Mottaki reportedly raised the issue during his meetings with Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Foreign Minister Abdullah Gul during a lightening trip to Ankara on Tuesday.

The New Anatolian has learnt that the Americans are also interested in setting up a military facility south of Suleimania in the Karadag region just near the Iranian border to increase pressure on Iran.
      General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

please don't do this please!!
        in turkey,some kurdish people and some turkish people are killing eachother and here -instead of serching some solutions intelligent and peaceful- you are defending a "war".

in turkey we live together -we have to and we can-.yes i know we have political problems but the way to solve these problems shouldn't be a war.i know you live in bad conditions in the east of turkey but we shouldn't forget that's because of this war.it's a guerilla war and -both of us- we can not defend it.and if it continues like that,i'm afraid this will be the cause of a bigger war.and i guess (i hope) we don't want it.?!

Comment

Originally posted by asia View Post
          please don't do this please!!
          in turkey,some kurdish people and some turkish people are killing eachother and here -instead of serching some solutions intelligent and peaceful- you are defending a "war".

in turkey we live together -we have to and we can-.yes i know we have political problems but the way to solve these problems shouldn't be a war.i know you live in bad conditions in the east of turkey but we shouldn't forget that's because of this war.it's a guerilla war and -both of us- we can not defend it.and if it continues like that,i'm afraid this will be the cause of a bigger war.and i guess (i hope) we don't want it.?!
          Please don't do what? Post news regarding the Kurds that was picked up from the Turkish press?
          General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Asia...
            Excuse me, what do you mean by "i know you live in bad conditions in the east of turkey "...who are you referring to exactly? Kurds.?

Comment

Turkish Kurds demand justice
              By Sarah Rainsford
              BBC News, Kiziltepe, Turkey

Two memorial trees surrounded by concrete to protect them
              Two trees mark the place where father and son were shot
              At the side of a dusty main road close to Turkey's border with Syria two trees have just been planted on the spot where a child and his father were killed.

Still little more than twigs, they are surrounded by concrete blocks for protection.

Ugur and Ahmet Kaymaz were shot by policemen in this mainly Kurdish region in November 2004. The officers say they returned fire in self-defence during an anti-terrorist operation targeting the Kurdish separatist PKK.

Ahmet's death alone might have passed without remark, but Ugur was just 12 years old. Forensic evidence showed he was shot repeatedly in the back at close range.

The subsequent trial of four policemen was widely seen as a test case of whether Turkey could hold its powerful security forces accountable.

Are we not citizens of this country? Is our sin to be Kurdish? We wanted justice, but justice here is only for some people
              Resat Kaymaz

It was announced as Turkey was gearing up to begin accession talks with the European Union. Since then, the political climate has changed.

The Kaymaz family learned recently that all four defendants had been acquitted.

"Are we not citizens of this country?" Resat demands at his home in Kiziltepe, close to where his brother and nephew died. "Is our sin to be Kurdish? We wanted justice, but justice here is only for some people."

Backlog of cases

Some 100km (62 miles) away in Diyarbakir, the family's lawyer is following dozens of human rights cases stretching back to the 1990s, when the fight between Turkish troops and the PKK was at its fiercest. It was a dirty war, on both sides, which cost many civilian lives.

Ugur Kaymaz
              Ugur Kaymaz, 12, was shot by police in 2004

Tahir Elci says the bodies of hundreds of Kurds are still missing, believed murdered, but only a fraction of those responsible have been punished.

"In my opinion 90% of complaints against the security forces do not come to court. Maybe 10% of the other 10% ended in conviction," the lawyer says.

In almost all the cases he has brought, and seen dismissed, here in Turkey, Mr Elci says the European Court of Human Rights later ruled in favour of his clients and ordered the state to pay compensation.

"It is unusual for us that security officers are punished here. They are the strongest institution in Turkey," he shrugs.

Renewed tension

The fact the Kaymaz case even came to court suggested things might be changing. Turkey was en route to the EU, with judicial reform high on the agenda.

But two years on, the military is ever more outspoken and influential. Renewed clashes between the PKK and troops in the south-east are fuelling calls for a major incursion into northern Iraq to target the PKK there. Negotiations with the EU are in difficulty.

If some separatists want to get land from your state, the state will react - this is normal
              Mehmet Kiliclar
              Regional governor

"In all the debates about reforms in 2003 and 2004, Turkey told us not to worry. They said officers would be brought to trial, that this sort of thing would stop," says Joost Lagendijk, chairman of the Turkey delegation in the European Parliament. He says initial optimism has gone.

"For the moment it looks like we're still in the 1990s when it comes to the security forces and impunity. No-one believed that boy was carrying a gun and shooting. I think it's a great disappointment."

Mr Lagendijk points to another alleged case of extrajudicial killing that the EU followed closely in Semdinli. Last month Turkey's highest appeals court overturned a 39-year sentence against two paramilitary policemen convicted of bombing a Kurdish-run bookshop there.

The case has now been referred to a closed military court.

Governor defiant

Regional Governor Mehmet Kiliclar rebuffs any suggestion of bias in Turkey's judicial system. He is unconcerned about the lack of convictions.

"So what? In this region 30,000 people have been killed. It's a big issue," he says from an armchair in his official residence in Mardin.

"If some separatists want to get land from your state, the state will react. This is normal. Of course the measures must be legal, but every state has the right to defend itself."

Ahmet Kaymaz's house, not far from where he was shot along with his son
              The Kaymaz family home - near the scene of the shootings

But on the streets of the shabby migrant town where Ugur Kaymaz was killed, the verdict in his case has added to feelings of resentment and alienation.

"It sends the signal that whatever the police want to do with us Kurds, that's fine," says one young man. "They declared a 12-year-old kid a terrorist."

Within moments three plain-clothes policemen arrive to listen in.

Back on the main road, schoolchildren passing the spot where Ugur died recount what happened in the language of adults.

"If there were any laws in this country, they would not set those people free," one former classmate shouts. He is not old enough to remember the worst fighting in this region, but he has been brought up with an acute sense of injustice.

"If things go on like this, Kurdish nationalism will increase, people will join the PKK," Resat Kaymaz tells me.

"If the police had been punished, Ugur would still be a symbol for the next generation. But at least they would see that the state did what was right, in the end."

Comment

Working...
              X