Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Great Program About Orhan Pamuk and Armenian Genocide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As usual, Turq shoots his mouth off before bothering to watch the video first. If he had bothered to watch it, he would have seen who comes off more sincerely; Orhan Pamuk, or that psychopath who wants to put everyone in jail who speaks their mind.

TurQ, according your misguided view, every champion of human rights and freedom of speech, every person who defends the rights of minorities and the marginalized, every decent human who speaks the truth against the establishment, must be out for publicity and nothing else. You're like a man who cheats on his wife, but is insanely jealous because he thinks that she must be a lying, cheating, piece of xxxx like himself even when she isn't.

Anyone notice the true motivation behind Cerinzis' reasons for prosecuting everyone who fearlessly talks about the Genocide in Turkey? He makes it clear at one point, when he says that if Turkey were to accept the Genocide, then Europe would expect Turkey to pay 4 or 5 billion dollars in reparations to the Armenians. He, like TurQ and everyone else who has bothered to read a non-Turkish history book or article, knows that this was a Genocide. He's just worried about Turkey having to give back the money that it stole.

I love that 90 year old Bolsa Hye in the program! He still smokes, and he's so old, he doesn't worry about telling the truth and pissing off the authorities.

TurQ, watch the video then talk!

Comment

If he had bothered to watch it, he would have seen who comes off more sincerely; Orhan Pamuk, or that psychopath who wants to put everyone in jail who speaks their mind.
      Yes,if he watches it,he will see that Orhan Pamuk is not a shower but a normal writer.
      And that psycho is very frightening.Because he is just a psycho racist Turk like Ittihadists.

Comment

Watch the video,TurQ!!!

Yes he should watch the video before talking.

Comment

Phantom my comments(usual comments, nothing new) for his personality, not for the program.
          He can say and he should say whatever he wants, but he is not a champion of human rights, I mean being an advocate of human rights shouldnt be that cheap or shouldnt be used.
          He is Kerincsiz(not cerincsiz) or suratsiz be a better adjective for him. He and others are just clowns also profiting from Armenian-Turkish tension.

Phantom we have LOTS of problems, and I dont want these clowns profit from our problems. At the end of the day we as ordinary people (if someday) will solve our problems not fake heros. Elif Shafak actually gave a very good response to Pamuk's behaviours. I'll say the same with her " We dont need heros to solve Armenian Turkish problems, ordinary people will solve it ".
          What do you think?

Originally posted by phantom
          As usual, Turq shoots his mouth off before bothering to watch the video first. If he had bothered to watch it, he would have seen who comes off more sincerely; Orhan Pamuk, or that psychopath who wants to put everyone in jail who speaks their mind.

TurQ, according your misguided view, every champion of human rights and freedom of speech, every person who defends the rights of minorities and the marginalized, every decent human who speaks the truth against the establishment, must be out for publicity and nothing else. You're like a man who cheats on his wife, but is insanely jealous because he thinks that she must be a lying, cheating, piece of xxxx like himself even when she isn't.

Anyone notice the true motivation behind Cerinzis' reasons for prosecuting everyone who fearlessly talks about the Genocide in Turkey? He makes it clear at one point, when he says that if Turkey were to accept the Genocide, then Europe would expect Turkey to pay 4 or 5 billion dollars in reparations to the Armenians. He, like TurQ and everyone else who has bothered to read a non-Turkish history book or article, knows that this was a Genocide. He's just worried about Turkey having to give back the money that it stole.

I love that 90 year old Bolsa Hye in the program! He still smokes, and he's so old, he doesn't worry about telling the truth and pissing off the authorities.

Comment

Originally posted by TurQ
            Phantom my comments(usual comments, nothing new) for his personality, not for the program.
            He can say and he should say whatever he wants, but he is not a champion of human rights, I mean being an advocate of human rights shouldnt be that cheap or shouldnt be used.
            He is Kerincsiz(not cerincsiz) or suratsiz be a better adjective for him. He and others are just clowns also profiting from Armenian-Turkish tension.

Phantom we have LOTS of problems, and I dont want these clowns profit from our problems. At the end of the day we as ordinary people (if someday) will solve our problems not fake heros. Elif Shafak actually gave a very good response to Pamuk's behaviours. I'll say the same with her " We dont need heros to solve Armenian Turkish problems, ordinary people will solve it ".
            What do you think?
            I think you need to watch the video, and then tell me what you think about Orhan Pamuk. I think you're judging him only because he said something that more people should be saying in Turkey, but they're not. You think he's out for the Nobel. Sherefsiz/keriz/kernicsiz said the exact same thing about him. In other words, you and that keriz or clown, as you called him, have some things in common.

Comment

Phantom
              You're labelling of all Turks of being either Pamuk or Kerincsiz is something unlogical(you are either with us or with the others approach).
              I have never liked him, and he was not saying this kind of things before, that was my feeling it still is the same. Armenian thing just came up to him, an intellectual should always say what he believes. He wouldnt say such things 10 years ago why? Because he was mostly popular in TUrkey, now he is in the global market, he is playing the honest brave intellectual role. Where was he before? What was his thoughts on Armenian problem in 96? He lives in KArakoy/Cihangir, where minorities live, he's much more knowledgeabl than me, so where was he? He was a journalist.

Yes he is out for nobel prize, like Naipur.

There are a lot of other people in TUrkey saying worse things than Pamuk, nobody touches them, why him? Or why is he behaving like an expensive prostitute by using such key words? Does he have more than key words?

I think you need to watch the video, and then tell me what you think about Orhan Pamuk. I think you're judging him only because he said something that more people should be saying in Turkey, but they're not. You think he's out for the Nobel. Sherefsiz/keriz/kernicsiz said the exact same thing about him. In other words, you and that keriz or clown, as you called him, have some things in common.

Comment

Phantom
                You're labelling of all Turks of being either Pamuk or Kerincsiz is something unlogical(you are either with us or with the others approach).
                Uh, where do I label all Turks as being Orhan or Keriz?

I have never liked him, and he was not saying this kind of things before, that was my feeling it still is the same. )
                So even when he wasn't saying these kinds of things, you still didn't like him. Perhaps you didn't like his writing, and is that a good reason to not like someone?

Armenian thing just came up to him, an intellectual should always say what he believes. He wouldnt say such things 10 years ago why?
                Really, how do you know what he was saying among his friends and colleagues? How do you even know that he wasn't saying these kinds of things in his books? Perhaps if you'd read any of his books, you'd notice undertones of the "Armenian Question" well before anyone in Switzerland, or anywhere else, bothered to interview him.

There are a lot of other people in TUrkey saying worse things than Pamuk, nobody touches them, why him? Or why is he behaving like an expensive prostitute by using such key words? Does he have more than key words?
                Nobody touches them? What are you talking about. There are something like 60 journalists and writers either in prison or under indictment right now in Turkey for saying such things. And even if you were right, I would pose the same question to you Keriz? Why is he prosecuting Orhan? Your question is really stupid. You're asking Orhan why is he being prosecuted instead asking the question to the idiot authorities who are prosecuting him? As for your "expensive prostitute" analogy. I really don't understand your reasoning whatsoever. Why is he an expensive prostitute for saying what he thinks? He's not the only Turkish academic or writer who says this was a Genocide, so why attack him? And what key words are you talking about, because you know he never said the word "Genocide". Is every Turk who utters the word "Armenian" or "Kurd" asking for fame and glory? Give me a break.

It's sad to see how your first instinct was to attack the victim rather than the monsters. Not until you were prompted did you say anything negative about Keriz, who is so obviously the bad guy here. Notice the title of the story: "The Good, the sad and the Ugly" - the good is Orhan, the sad is the Armenian, and the ugly is Keriz. You immediately defend Keriz and attack Pamuk without even bothering to watch the video first. This is what you do every time. Somehow you always manage to take the path of the ultra-nationalist while trying to maintain that you are not one.

Comment

Phantom!
                  Why i it so hard to understand. I dont like his attitudes, I dont like his personality being a Zuppe(Snop mu oluyor ingilizcesi?). He is not a man of ideology he is just a celebrity who promotes himself and his work. Kapish?
                  DOnt complicate it take out everything he said about Armenians, assume he never said anything about Armenians or Kurds. I still dont like his sort, I didnt like him in 1993 when I was first introdoced and my feelings did not change since then. Why are you thinking everything is center around some conspiracy about Armenians. I did take 2 courses from his close friend and his wife's teacher Hilmi Yavuz. I believe I have enough information to make judgement about hispersonality for 13 some years. I am wondering when you first heard about him or when his name took your attention! OK a bit more explanation, I hate populist and opportunist people whatever thier ideology or stance is. I hate those people in general take Orhan out, take his comments out for a minute.
                  Did I say Turkeys huuman rights records is the best in world? Did I say it? No.
                  HIs intentional usage of certain "Key Words" is not innocent is part of his own promotion of himself. As an Armenian YOU have to be concerned about this not ME.

Ne ilginc adamsin phantom, ulam Ermenilere, sirf Ermeni diye gicik olsam, en kolay olanini yani Ermenilere kufur etmeyi secerdim, bi kere Ermenilere Ermeni olduklari icin hakaret ettim mi, mashallah biz Turk olduugmuz icin cok nasiplendik burada!. O adami oldumm olsai sevmiyorum kardesim ve bunun Ermeniler ile alakali yeni kesfederek soyledigi o sozler ilede alakasi yok

Uh, where do I label all Turks as being Orhan or Keriz?

So even when he wasn't saying these kinds of things, you still didn't like him. Perhaps you didn't like his writing, and is that a good reason to not like someone?

Really, how do you know what he was saying among his friends and colleagues? How do you even know that he wasn't saying these kinds of things in his books? Perhaps if you'd read any of his books, you'd notice undertones of the "Armenian Question" well before anyone in Switzerland, or anywhere else, bothered to interview him.

Nobody touches them? What are you talking about. There are something like 60 journalists and writers either in prison or under indictment right now in Turkey for saying such things. And even if you were right, I would pose the same question to you Keriz? Why is he prosecuting Orhan? Your question is really stupid. You're asking Orhan why is he being prosecuted instead asking the question to the idiot authorities who are prosecuting him? As for your "expensive prostitute" analogy. I really don't understand your reasoning whatsoever. Why is he an expensive prostitute for saying what he thinks? He's not the only Turkish academic or writer who says this was a Genocide, so why attack him? And what key words are you talking about, because you know he never said the word "Genocide". Is every Turk who utters the word "Armenian" or "Kurd" asking for fame and glory? Give me a break.

It's sad to see how your first instinct was to attack the victim rather than the monsters. Not until you were prompted did you say anything negative about Keriz, who is so obviously the bad guy here. Notice the title of the story: "The Good, the sad and the Ugly" - the good is Orhan, the sad is the Armenian, and the ugly is Keriz. You immediately defend Keriz and attack Pamuk without even bothering to watch the video first. This is what you do every time. Somehow you always manage to take the path of the ultra-nationalist while trying to maintain that you are not one.

Comment

I watched it
                    same orhan same pamuk, arrogrant, and nobody did spoke until him bla bla
                    I dont understand why the producers focued the program on 2 clowns pamu and kreincsiz, studpid kerincsiz. The procuders of the program are just plain ignorants
                    saying every city has an autor, and Pamuk is the author of Istanbul. While Ahmet Hamdi Tanpinar's books exist Pamuk can not be athor of any city in Turkey .
                    I would prefer to watch or listen the Bolso hye dede instead of those clowns, he is jsut one of our own dedes while he had words of wisdom.
                    Armenians are and were part of our society, I noticed how they would raise their hands while praying like us, I dont think other christians especially in west would do the same. Anyways I would prefer to listen that 90 year old dede, instead of pamuk and kerincsiz, I dont and cant think such Armenians outside of our culture and history, thats why I always say ordinary Armenian of 915 is also our ancestors culturally.
                    [
                    QUOTE=phantom]I think you need to watch the video, and then tell me what you think about Orhan Pamuk. I think you're judging him only because he said something that more people should be saying in Turkey, but they're not. You think he's out for the Nobel. Sherefsiz/keriz/kernicsiz said the exact same thing about him. In other words, you and that keriz or clown, as you called him, have some things in common.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Phantom - I am not at all surprised - this has been his gig all along here - appear reasonable and sympathetic - but not give an inch. He is really no different then any other hyper-nationalist genocide denying Turk who discounts all eyewitnesses to the Genocide as being deliberate liars who were out to defame Turkey/Turks - and he feels that Pamuk and Ackam are only saying these truths because of desire for personal glory. We can see - any critic of Turkey, anyone who steps out of line, any who affirms the truth of the Genocide - well it is their deficiency or agenda...and the way to combat it - as the truth of what they say cannot be countered - is another ad-hominim attack. TurQ is worse then the average brainless foaming at the mouth denier - as he should know better. They are just brainless and ignorant - He I would classify just as being cruel and evil.

Comment

Working...
                      X