Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Shame On Shimon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entitled to Your Anger

Originally posted by Hovik
    Originally posted by Hellektor
    If I believed in god I would curse him/her/it for having made the biggest mistake in the history of the universe, creating you.

I don't believe in god because of the existence of the Turk.
    The existence of the Turk precludes the existence of god.

God (if he/she/it existed),
    couldn't have,
    wouldn't have,
    shouldn't have
    created the Turk.
    Say that to Taner Ackam, Fatma Gocek, Halil Berktay... Say that to to the Turks who tryed to save my Uncles life by hiding him in their chimney, say that to the Turks who saved my aunts life and helped smuggle her out of the Ottoman Empire after she lost her entire family. It's because of the heroic actions of those Turks that I have living cousins today, cousins who are my closest friends. I take personal offense to this statement. You're entitled to your opinion but this above statement is racist and offensive to not only Turks but to humanity...

I don't want to see another sick statement like that again...
    Of course, everybody is entitled to their opinion, but had the Turks not existed, 30 to 40 million Armenians would be living in their homeland now, which would be one of the most advanced and free societies in the world.
    All of what we suffered an entire millennium and we are suffering until now EVERY SINGLE DAY wouldn't have existed.

By saying that god (if he/she/it existed) shouldn't have created a certain group of his/her/its creatures, I do not see any racism, just a hypothesis that what happened to us the last thousand years couldn't have, wouldn't have, shouldn't have happened under god's sky.

Now tell it to Daniel Varujan, Siamanto, Grigor Zohrab, Komitas and all our geniuses who were slaughtered or turned into plants, all the creators of our pulverized heritage...

Our genofund has been IRREPERABLY damaged.
    A nation has been destroyed.
    Nothing like this has ever happened in history.
    Four things denialist Turks do when they are confronted with facts:

I. They change the subject [SIZE="1"](e.g. they copy/paste tons of garbage to divert attention).[/SIZE]
    II. They project [SIZE="1"](e.g. they replace "Turk" with "Armenian" and vice versa and they regurgitate Armenian history).[/SIZE]
    III. They offend [SIZE="1"](e.g. they cuss, threaten and/or mock).[/SIZE]
    IV. They shut up and say nothing.

[URL="http://b.imagehost.org/download/0689/azerbaijan-real-fake-absurd.pdf"][COLOR="Red"]A country named Azerbaijan north of the Arax River [B]NEVER[/B] existed before 1918[/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Originally posted by Hellektor
      Of course, everybody is entitled to their opinion, but had the Turks not existed, 30 to 40 million Armenians would be living in their homeland now, which would be one of the most advanced and free societies in the world.
      All of what we suffered an entire millennium and we are suffering until now EVERY SINGLE DAY wouldn't have existed.

By saying that god (if he/she/it existed) shouldn't have created a certain group of his/her/its creatures, I do not see any racism, just a hypothesis that what happened to us the last thousand years couldn't have, wouldn't have, shouldn't have happened under god's sky.

Now tell it to Daniel Varujan, Siamanto, Grigor Zohrab, Komitas and all our geniuses who were slaughtered or turned into plants, all the creators of our pulverized heritage...

Our genofund has been IRREPERABLY damaged.
      A nation has been destroyed.
      Nothing like this has ever happened in history.
      Hellektor, I am very saddened by your reply. It's disappointing to see examples of such sickness in our own nation. Had you said he (God) shouldn't have created recent Turkish denialists, genocidal maniacs, or those who pillaged, ransacked and raped our nation during invasions centuries ago, you'd be saying something different. That is not what you're saying. You've made it clear that the entire nation is responsible for these crimes. And by saying you wish the nation never was created you made a very racist statement. Now you can butter it up or sugar coat it if you choose, but underneath all that it's still going to be a racist statement.

And I doubt most intellectuals, let alone the geniuses you mentioned would support any fanatical discourse such as this. I am sure as mature, intellectual people they knew and probably befriended good Turks who were their neighbors and colleagues. I believe they would've frowned on any member of our Armenian nation, trying to blame the entire Turkish race for the actions of a smaller percentage of extremists. Such a position only reminds me of the fanatical republican christian americans who generalize that all muslims are terrorists / extremists / militants bent on world domination... pathetic.

Even as an Armenian, I find your statement offensive and insulting and surely in violation of the forum rules. If nobody else on either side, especially the Armenians in this forum has the nerve to speak up and say something about this, thats fine but I will.

Pick up any eyewitness testimony of the Armenian Genocide, and I can just about promise you a case, or cases of heroic, self-less acts by Turks to help Armenians. And as I originally said, there are quite a number of Turks out there today breaking the taboo, pushing for recognition, demanding justice - and you just slapped them across the face with your bigotry.

I'm suspending your account for a week as a warning. If you choose to come back, I will expect you to pay greater attention to the forum rules trying a lot harder to not insult others.

Hovik

Comment

Working...
      X