Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

"Digital Denial": Computer Hacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tag Attack Defaces 40,000 Sites

Security and Privacy Blog
    Gregg Keizer Keeps You Up To Date

A Turkish hacker's gone graffiti on nearly 40,000 sites in a couple of swoops since Wednesday, a site that tracks Web defacements (as the break-ins are politely and euphemistically called) said yesterday.

According to Zone-H, a Turk going by the nickname "Iskorpitx" (say that five times fast) broke into 21,549 Web sites Wednesday, then another 17,000 a bit later, and defaced the sites with a new page that displayed a Turkish flag and a photo of Mustafa Kemal Atatürk, the founder of the Turkish republic who, among other things, commanded Turkish troops that fought the British and Australians to a standstill at Gallipoli in 1915 during the First World War.

The page was also tagged with the cracker's name and a barrage of F-bombs:

"F***** ARMANIAN-F***** FRANCE-F***** GREECE-F***** PKK TERROR"

Clever.

(The PPK is a terrorist group whose aim is to create an independent Kurdish state in eastern Turkey.)

The tagging is the biggest in Web history, says Zone-H, and puts Turkey at the top of the list, dubious though the honor may be, as the country that defaces more sites than any other.

Iskorpitx been the busiest, with a total of 122,000+ defaced sites to his credit.

He's also older than your average cracker, says Zone-H, who says he's "believed" to be about 45. So much for "script kiddies" being behind site tagging.

Although defacements aren't at the top of anyone's security concern list, they show just how insecure many sites are; in order to tag a site, someone like Iskorpitx has to be able to break into the server. If he can, others can too, and with more malicious intensions than just F-ing Greece, France, and the Kurds.

Tagging can, of course, be embarrassing to a site, especially to a commercial site. Apple's Korean online store, for instance, was defaced earlier this month by yet another Turk, this one dubbed "Diman" by Zone-H. Apple quickly got out the digital paint thinner and scrubbed the site.
    "All truth passes through three stages:
    First, it is ridiculed;
    Second, it is violently opposed; and
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

Turkish Hackers Vandalizes Microsoft Site

June 19, 2006

By Gregg Keizer Courtesy of TechWeb News

A Microsoft France Web site was hacked and defaced Sunday, and as of Monday, it remained offline. A U.S. security organization said that it had received reports of a previously unknown vulnerability in Microsoft's Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 server software that may have been used by the hackers.
      The Microsoft site -- experts.microsoft.fr -- was defaced with "HACK!" and "Your System OwNed By Turkish Hackers!"

Mid-day Monday, the site was unavailable.

The SANS Institute's Internet Storm Center also tentatively tied the defacement with talk of a zero-day exploit against IIS 6.0.

"The defacement of microsoft.fr is used as evidence[but] at this point, we have nothing to support that claim," wrote Johannes Ullrich, the ISW's chief research officer in an online alert Monday.

According to the attack and defacement database maintained by Zone-H, the Microsoft France hack was done by someone identified as "TitHacK," who has been credited with nearly 1,600 site defacements.

The last time IIS 6.0 was patched was October 2004, when Microsoft fixed a flaw in the software's handling of WebDAV XML Messages.
      "All truth passes through three stages:
      First, it is ridiculed;
      Second, it is violently opposed; and
      Third, it is accepted as self-evident."

Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Comment

maybe Iskorpitx doesnt know this from Url . shall I inform him? :P .....

Comment

Seeing as that this site has been hacked before, that's not funny.
          F***** ARMANIAN-F***** FRANCE-F***** GREECE-F***** PKK TERROR
          xxxx is four letters, I think.

Comment

I just appreciate what Iskorpitx did...

Comment

Originally posted by achilles
              Yes, he's very heroic. What a guy.
              General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Achilles, you've chosen wonderful role models

Comment

thanks hovik.. I also appreciate you.. oh please just dont ban me

Comment

will somebody ban this clown please

Comment

Criminals think alike. It's malicious bastards like Iskorpitx that deserve to be hung by their testicles.

If someone comes to your house with a sledgehammer and smash in all your windows, I expect you to appreciate him.

Comment

Working...
                      X