Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

"Digital Denial": Computer Hacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe,

Shnoravor lini, Achket luys!

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph View Post
      We were hacked along with some other Armenian websites. Just some advice, update your security on your site whenever you can. Personally, I've been away because my wife just had a baby boy.
      Congrats!!!! (but thats no excuse! ...j.k)

Comment

I've been away because my wife just had a baby boy.
        Allah anali babali büyütsün... (May God raise it with Mother and Father)

Comment

Congrats Joseph!!!!

Comment

Thanks everyone, you guys are great. The baby and mother are doing fantastic.
            General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

NATIONAL 11.25.2006 Saturday - ISTANBUL 18:28

World-renowned Turkish Hacker Apprehended
              By Mehmet Sakin
              Friday, November 24, 2006
              zaman.com

Aug. 14, 2005 is widely referred to as the Sept. 11 of 116 countries, including the United States, in cyberspace. That day, two hackers accessed the computers of hundreds of prominent institutions, including CNN, the New York Times, and ABC News, and immobilized their systems through viruses.
              The FBI, in collaboration with Microsoft, took swift action against one of the most influential cyber attacks on the same day. In 12 days, the operation was successfully completed. One of the hackers was Moroccan and the other was Turkish. It was soon revealed that the agent who apprehended both hackers, Atilla Ekici, and Farid Essebar, was also Turkish. Erkan Chase, the head of the unit on cyber crime at the FBI and the agent who apprehended the criminals, after locating the computers from which the viruses were sent, headed to Morocco and Turkey, along with a dozen agents. In cooperation with local security forces, the team captured the hackers.
              Chase’s ability to speak Turkish facilitated the operation. Atilla Ekici, who had reportedly disseminated the viruses called Zotob and Mytob that caused nearly $800,000 in damages, was arrested on Aug. 26, 2005. He was sentenced to three months in prison by the Ankara Criminal Court of First Instance. After serving his time, he enlisted in the army to complete his obligatory military service. That he had not sought monetary gains when disseminating the viruses had positive impact on his relatively modest conviction despite the seriousness of the crime he had committed. Based on the official statement by the Turkish Land Registry, the court determined that he had not acquired any real estate after the incident. Similarly, the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency reported that he did not have any assets in his bank account.
              FBI agent Chase, who captured the Turkish hacker, studied industrial engineering and Sociology at New York State University in Binghamton, where he also took courses on business administration. He first started working at the New York Police Department as probation officer, and then became a detective at the Narcotics and Organized Crimes Unit. Following those posts, he was employed as a special agent by the FBI. He assumed positions on white collar and banking crimes at the New York office of the FBI. He also specialized on cyber crimes in Detroit. After his employment in New York and Detroit offices, he became the head of cyber crimes unit at the FBI headquarters. In relation to the investigation initiated following the infamous cyber attack, Chase started searching for the hackers. He detected that the virus was connected to an email in nearby Washington. Then he started monitoring the email correspondence between the persons nicknamed ‘Diabl 10’ and ‘Coder.’ His team arrived in Turkey on Aug. 21. After he handed over the 25-page report to Turkish police, they launched the operation, which culminated in the apprehension of Ekici in the southern Turkish city of Adana.
              General Antranik (1865-1927): “I am not a nationalist. I recognize only one nation, the nation of the oppressed.”

Comment

Thanks Kharpert
                Congrats from me too!

Comment

www.kurdmedia.com was shutdown by Turkish hackers

Comment

Hackers

Yeah, another victory for Turksih hackers. They are really helping their country

"In terms of image, this is not very good," said Defense Minister Andre Flahaut.

Belgian government site hacked by nationalists

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

BRUSSELS - The Associated Press

The Web site of Belgium's Defense Ministry was hacked Sunday by a group of Turkish nationalists, news reports said.

The group, which called themselves "grandchildren of the Ottoman Empire and Children of Turkey" posted text in English on the site dismissing the Armenian genocide claims and asserting that there was no Kurdish problem in Turkey. It also claimed that the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) was a terrorist organization supported by the West, according to footage shown on RTBF, Belgium's French-language public TV broadcaster.

There was no suggestion why the group had chosen a Belgian government site.

Late on Monday the site, www.mil.be, was still inaccessible.

"In terms of image, this is not very good," said Defense Minister Andre Flahaut. The ministry was beefing up its web firewall and testing its resistance to hackers on Mondaybefore opening up the site again to the public. The ministry has lodged a complaint with the prosecutor's office.

Comment

www.theforgotten.org hacked by Turks!

It appears that www.theforgotten.org has been hacked by turkish losers...

Comment

Working...
                      X