Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Reviews & Ratings

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Reviews & Ratings

Originally posted by Siamanto View Post
    I found Bardem's performance impressive, more impressive than in Vicky Cristina Barcelona - probably already reviewed by One-Way and others????
    Of course. Bardem's character was extraordinary and brilliantly constructed. It was a powerful performance; very captivating and haunting. There is obviously more depth to his character in No Country for Old Men compared to the romantic lover in Vicky Cristina Barcelona. It's like comparing day and night; both great films, however.

Glad you're back.

Comment

After Jimmy

This movie is basically about a teenager thats not happy with his life, without anyone knowing about it, & the way he wanted to end his life was by commiting suicide so when he foundout how to kill himself he was all happy & perky around his family until he was home alone & shot himself in the mouth.
      3/5
      Positive vibes, positive taught

Comment

Originally posted by One-Way View Post
        Of course. Bardem's character was extraordinary and brilliantly constructed. It was a powerful performance; very captivating and haunting. There is obviously more depth to his character in No Country for Old Men compared to the romantic lover in Vicky Cristina Barcelona. It's like comparing day and night; both great films, however.
        I agree with the explanation.

Glad you're back.
        Thanks! Talk to you in a couple of months???
        Good Luck with your projects!
        What if I find someone else when looking for you? My soul shivers as the idea invades my mind.

Comment

Man on Wire

In this suspenseful documentary, we enter the life of Philippe Petit, a daring tightrope walker who made his way across the World Trade Center's twin towers in 1974. I wasn't at all surprised when I discovered the director's intentions were to film this documentary as a hesit film. Petit's commentary keeps you at the edge of your seat throughout the entire film. This documentary, overall, is filmed quite beautifully. Definitely the best documentary I have seen from 2008. It would probably make my top ten list of my favorite films of 2008.

Irma la Douce

After seeing The Apartment, I had to see the many collaborations of Billy Wilder and Jack Lemmon. Irma la Douce tells the story of a Paris streetwalker who meets an honest policeman. When jealousy erupts, Nestor (Jack Lemmon) does everything he possibly can to make sure Irma (Shirley MacLaine) doesn't sleep with any other men. Although at times the film comes to a rather slow hault, Lemmon and MacLaine are brilliant and have great chemistry. The two actors, including Lou Jacobi who plays the bartendar, Moustache, keep the film alive. Worth a watch but not the best work from either the director or these two brilliant actors.

Comment

oooh cant wait tomorrow ima go see "Che, Part One: The Argentinian." I'll tell you guys all about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sero View Post
              oooh cant wait tomorrow ima go see "Che, Part One: The Argentinian." I'll tell you guys all about it.
              I am so jealous. I probably won't be able to see it until sometime in February.

Say nothing in this thread. I have been waiting how long for this film?

Comment

I am so jealous. I probably won't be able to see it until sometime in February.

Say nothing in this thread. I have been waiting how long for this film?
                Why not go see it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sero View Post
                  Why not go see it?
                  I have to finsih my university applications.

I didn't even know it was released; I knew it would be limited release but they pick chose Laemmle.

Comment

In "The Rural Juror," an episode of television's 30 Rock, Tina Fey explains how she avoids telling her struggling actress friend Jane Krakowski how she truly feels about the atrocious productions she appears in -- by complementing a single aspect of them that isn't so bad.

That said, Revolutionary Road was beautifully designed: cinematography, costumes, and sets -- all top-notch.

Now read Stephanie Zacharek's review for the rest.

Comment

Burn After Reading - 9/10

Saw this in the discount movie theatres this past weekend. It has George Clooney, Brad Pitt and John Malkovich in it. It's sort of a "spy-thriller-comedy" film and is nothing short of hilarious. I especially love how John Malkovich acts in this movie, very funny! This is one of those movies that if you want to get your mind off the world, you should see.

The only reason I gave it a "9" and not a "10" was due to the fact that I wish it had been longer.

Comment

Working...
                      X