Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Reviews & Ratings

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Reviews & Ratings

The Town

In 2007, Ben Affleck made his very impressive directorial debut with Gone Baby Gone, which starred his younger brother, Casey Affleck, in a riveting performance. Now, it's three years later and he is three days away from his sophomore directorial debut with The Town, which stars Jeremy Renner, Jon Hamm, Blake Lively, Rebecca Hall… and Ben Affleck, himself.

Read More

Comment

Machete

7/10

Pretty good flick, lots of blood and guts and non-stop action and funny dialogue. Not as memorable as something like Pulp Fiction but a very fun movie.

The American

7/10

It was a good movie, but more artistic and cinematic than deep. However, the movie did well in maintaining a veil of mystery to it and conveyed alot without much dialogue. Most of the emotion and feeling was communicated by George Clooney and his facial expressions. Luckily Clooney was not that smug in this movie, which has become a staple of his acting and is rather annoying. Another reason to watch this film is for the beautiful Italian Violante Placido. Her hotness and naked body alone is worth watching this.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Thanks for the reviews, gentlemen! I've been really wanting to see The Town and might catch it this weekend

I also got the chance to see The American a week ago and yes I agree, It was more artistic and cinematic than deep. The style and pace in which it was shot reminded me of today's independent films. The pace of the film was slower, there were drawn out pauses, silences and long landscape shots rather than filling the film with dialog and action to 'baby' the viewer. There was definitely the use of symbolism and foreshadowing with the butterfly which led me to believe Signore Farfalla's time was nearing to an end 6-7/10

Comment

I am rather excited to see some of the films that are scheduled to be released this season, including Howl, Never Let Me Go, You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger, Black Swan, True Grit, and the list goes on. The American just doesn't seem appealing and I'm busy as it is, so I rather save my time for something I feel is worthwhile.

Comment

Best new show is on AMC and under the radar - Rubicon

Watch the latest full episodes and video extras for AMC shows: The Walking Dead, Better Call Saul, Killing Eve, Fear the Walking Dead, Mad Men and more.

You can watch the pilot - episodes 1 and 2 - online. It's a slow developing show and intelligently crafted. It is not for the impatient ADD twits and for the simple minds. If you liked X-Files and The Wire you will enjoy this. Acting is superb and thankfully there are no "Hollywood" type goons in this as the lesser well known actors are far more convincing in their roles.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

One-Way, I think it's better to wait until it comes out on DVD. I'll probably get a lot of flack for this but it was a little bit overrated as was Inception.

Anonymouse, I've only caught a couple episodes of Rubicon on television so far but I'm definitely intrigued. I don't think subject matter like that could be unraveled within an hours time like many of the other 'fluff' shows do today without cheating its overall quality and mystery.

It seems as though AMC has been putting out a lot of high quality television series lately. Their series Mad Men which is a favorite of mine has been winning the Emmy award for 'Outstanding Drama Series' for the last three years now with a total of thirteen Emmys and four Golden Globes under their belt. It's very intelligently written with complex characters as Rubicon seems to be so far.

If you guys ever miss an episode of your favorite tv show like i always do because of my long days, you can download them from http://eztv.it/. Very useful tool for those without TiVo and other digital recorders!

Comment

The Expendables 5/10 - The plot is garbage and save for Mickey Rourke, the acting sucks. But if you love all those washed up stars from the 80s, 90s, grew up watching their action movies, and just want to have a good laugh at people being blown up, then I recommend to go with "the guys" and watch this.
                Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Hahaha. It was BEYOND garbage but one and only one scene and line made the WHOLE movie awesome:

"Remember this sh*t at Christmas?"

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Reporting on the business of technology, startups, venture capital funding, and Silicon Valley.

Comment

Yerek Yereko, an Armenian feature film, held its World Premiere in Los Angeles in June 2010. I had the opportunity of attending, seeing the film and meeting with the filmmaker. Now, the film will be screening once more in Los Angeles, this time at the Egyptian Theatre on September 25.

Yerek Yereko is not your typical feature film. I was surprised to find out its running time was only 64 minutes – that’s either excellent storytelling or an extremely repetitive short film. In addition, the film was produced with a consumer camera (HDV) with a budget of $2,500. If you’re still not convinced, it is also a period piece set in the 1960s.

Read More

Comment

Originally posted by Wowie View Post
                      Hahaha. It was BEYOND garbage but one and only one scene and line made the WHOLE movie awesome:

"Remember this sh*t at Christmas?"

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Reporting on the business of technology, startups, venture capital funding, and Silicon Valley.

Lmao that's exactly the scene I had in mind when I said "people being blown up".
                      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Working...
                      X