Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Reviews & Ratings

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was watching TAXI the other day, and i can't believe how realistic it was. Four portuguese supermodels hatch a brilliant plan to rob banks in New York. They almost got away with it two, if it hadn't been for the goofy anticks of Jimmy Fallon, and his car obsesed taxi driver (aka Queen Latifah). Overall, i would say this movie wasn't just right for me. I'll have to wait for the next time Jimmy Fallon and Queen Latifah pair up for a film to see if they truly have something to offer.

Comment

• Hello theya.

Comment

• "Moving at the speed of life, we are bound to collide with each other."

That's the tagline for the movie I saw last night, 'Crash'. I have to say it was a great, if a bit exhausting, film. It's basically the interconnected stories of different 'characters' in LA (much of the valley, in fact, which was weird because I've never recognized places in a movie as much as I did this one). It's kind of like 'Magnolia', but much shorter, and much more relate-able because it is a setting most of us are very familiar with, since we all live here. Most of all it made me hate humanity and people in LA, more so than I usually do. It's a movie that puts you on edge waiting to see how 'it's all going to go down' as they say. I thought the actors were excellent (I love Don Cheadle) and really drove the point across well. You should go see it if you feel like taking a break from all the mind-numbing just for entertainment movies out there, to make you think a little.
        The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

• Just finished watching Star Wars episode 4 (1977). Pretty good , but I guess it is 30 years old so back then it must have been great.

Comment

• Originally posted by omniscient
            Just finished watching Star Wars episode 4 (1977). Pretty good , but I guess it is 30 years old so back then it must have been great.
            Yeah I've come to appreciate somewhat over time - but I never did see the following 2 in the theater due to my dispointment with the first one. I'm a fan of hard Sci-Fi and I was misled into thinking (for some unknown to me now reason) that this was going to be a big blockbuster hard core Sci-Fi movie - when it turned out to be a cute comic book story I was devestated (and after having snuck into a premier showing! damn). Anyway in the years following I've come to enjoy it somewhat - and to a lesser extent the remaining episodes (though next one had its moments - actually they all have their moments - its the totality that sort of leaves one lacking IMO). The last two new ones were pretty much awful except for special effects (though my young kids love them)...anyway I am actually quite looking foreward to the most recent one (yeah I can admit to enjoying lightsaber fights and x-wing fighter acrobatics...and the princess or Queen or whatever is kinda cute...) - anyway planning on seeing it tommow night!

Comment

• Originally posted by ckBejug
              "Moving at the speed of life, we are bound to collide with each other."

That's the tagline for the movie I saw last night, 'Crash'. I have to say it was a great, if a bit exhausting, film. It's basically the interconnected stories of different 'characters' in LA (much of the valley, in fact, which was weird because I've never recognized places in a movie as much as I did this one). It's kind of like 'Magnolia', but much shorter, and much more relate-able because it is a setting most of us are very familiar with, since we all live here. Most of all it made me hate humanity and people in LA, more so than I usually do. It's a movie that puts you on edge waiting to see how 'it's all going to go down' as they say. I thought the actors were excellent (I love Don Cheadle) and really drove the point across well. You should go see it if you feel like taking a break from all the mind-numbing just for entertainment movies out there, to make you think a little.
              It's like Magnolia, except it doesn't have frogs or supersmart children. Instead, we get Sandra Bullock in supabiatch mode.

Comment

• Originally posted by TomServo
                It's like Magnolia, except it doesn't have frogs or supersmart children. Instead, we get Sandra Bullock in supabiatch mode.
                And 'snow' in LA.
                The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

• Originally posted by omniscient
                  Just finished watching Star Wars episode 4 (1977). Pretty good , but I guess it is 30 years old so back then it must have been great.
                  I forgot to say that I have seen all the Star Wars episodes now and episdoes 2 and 3 were the best.

Comment

• I also saw Hotel Rwanda last night and I was impressed, I give it a 9.2 out of 10 which is high by my standards. And I always go to yahoo movies and check the critic and user reviews grades to see what is good and what isn't. Hotel Rwanda is one of only like 10-20 movies on there that got an A rating on the user section.

Comment

• I don't like watching movies with a lot of ugly people in it.

I'm shallow.
                      -----

I loved Cinderella Man.

Comment

Working...
                      X