Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Reviews & Ratings

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you kidding?! I thought Sin City was awesome. What do you mean by "culture," exactly?

Comment

• Just watched Sin City...it was great and for those who love to analyze a movie!!!

Comment

• I finally saw Magnolia last week. I thought it was very very good. It makes it into my list of favorites.
        If you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend it.
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
        -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

• Originally posted by TomServo
          Blue Velvet - I've only seen two of David Lynch's films. That would be Mulholland Drive and this gem. I enjoyed both immensely.
          If you liked those two movies you should also watch the following David Lynch movies:

The Elephant Man
          Wild At Heart
          Straight Story
          Eraserhead
          Lost Highway

Also, the entire Twin Peaks series (Twin Peaks was a TV show...), and the Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me movie.

p.s. Mulholland Dr. is the midnight movie playing at the Nuart this Friday night, just in case you happen to leave Fresno.

Comment

Blue Velvet - I've only seen two of David Lynch's films. That would be Mulholland Drive and this gem. I enjoyed both immensely.
            If you liked those two movies you should also watch the following David Lynch movies:

The Elephant Man
            Wild At Heart
            Straight Story
            Eraserhead
            Lost Highway

Also, the entire Twin Peaks series (Twin Peaks was a TV show...), and the Twin Peaks: Fire Walk with Me movie.

p.s. Mulholland Dr. is the midnight movie playing at the Nuart this Friday night, just in case you happen to leave Fresno.
            The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

• I saw Sin City. The movie was great, but so was the girl in my arms if not better than the movie.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

• wow, you date? nice

comin here makin us all jealous. blah

hahahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by ckBejug

The Elephant Man
                  Wild At Heart
                  Straight Story
                  Eraserhead
                  Lost Highway
                  Thanks for the recommendations! I really want to see The Elephant Man, it looks like one of Lynch's more "accessible" films.

Originally posted by ckBejug
                  I've also considered purchasing the "Twin Peaks" DVD. But I've been told to never start the series without first seeing the two-hour pilot episode.

Originally posted by ckBejug
                  I live in Los Angeles, actually. But it's okay, I own Mulholland Drive on DVD. It would still be great to see it on the big screen, though.

Comment

Thanks for the recommendations! I really want to see The Elephant Man, it looks like one of Lynch's more "accessible" films.
                    Ahh, wasn't a problem for me since my friend owns all of them. Also, it played Wild At Heart at the Nuart a few months back, another midnight movie. I saw it there and liked it.

Originally posted by TomServo
                    I've also considered purchasing the "Twin Peaks" DVD. But I've been told to never start the series without first seeing the two-hour pilot episode.
                    I just watched the pilot last night (Again, my friend owns the pilot and the whole serios, on video, very hard to come by apparently). It was great and I can't wait to see the rest of the series.

Originally posted by TomServo
                    I live in Los Angeles, actually. But it's okay, I own Mulholland Drive on DVD. It would still be great to see it on the big screen, though.
                    That's strange, I wonder why I thought you were in Fresno. Nevermind then.
                    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

• Originally posted by ckBejug
                      I just watched the pilot last night (Again, my friend owns the pilot and the whole serios, on video, very hard to come by apparently). It was great and I can't wait to see the rest of the series.
                      Yeah - I have it all as well - on VHS - taped from the original series broadcast! (funny my wife was telling me to throw out some of my old tapes and specifically mentioned these - and the old Kung Fu episodes I've taped....that are also recently out on DVD I've noticed...)

Also saw Mulholland Dr for the first time a few weeks back and thought it was a great film - really enjoyed it and my wife and I were talking about it for days (what we had seen - trying to figure it out - and I was right on it seems...).

And on a (perhaps) related note - don't know if I ever mentioned this here (have on another Armenian site...) but I used to be friends with John Fruscante (of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers). At the time (nearly 15 years ago? - more or less - about when he had just joined the band...) - he was dating this gal who was nearly twice his age. They used to re-enact the scene from Blue Velvet with the (older) gal and the (younger) Kyle McClughlin (whatever his name is) - where she finds him spying on her and then jumps on top of him - etc. Anyway - they knew all the words and acted it all out (even with a big knife!) - and they really got off on it...then of course they would go at it! (ussually, though not always by going into another room...) This was at his apartment BTW. Yeah - it was their "thing". Always entertaining I must say.

My most recent movie watching experience was watching all 3 extended versions of the Lord of the Rings movies back to back to back - 12 or so hours worth! - with a group of friends. Awesome - what can i say....

Comment

Working...
                      X