Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Who are ur favorite (& least favorite) Armenian singers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baron Dants
    I forgot to point out Gor. Glad we agree on him.

As for Badalian....well...he's dead now. He died 2-3 years ago I think. He is generally known as the singer who brought real armenian music back to popularity in Armenia and the diaspora in his heyday (the 70s I guess). He's also the one that trained Roupen Matevosian, and other singers of traditional (and not always so traditional) armenian music.
    did you check out the armenian navy band or www.serart.com ?

Comment

Rouben Matevosian - 9 (sorry dants, he must've slipped my mind... how would u give him a 15, the scale only goes up to 10 )
      Alla Levonyan - 7 (sounds good, keep up the good work. she's too young to get over 7..)
      Ophelia Hambartsumian - 9
      Datevik Hovannesian - 9
      Armenchik - 7 (he's got a songwriting powerhouse behind him, but as a singer, he's worthy of a 7 for now.... see me in 10 years)
      Aravod - 7.5 (im reluctant to give out 8's too easily.. lol but they're really awesome. i must say tho, its hard, for me anyway, to sit thru the whole CD in one shot. the music is great & would deserve a 9, but we're talking about singers here)
      Harout Khatchoyan - an uncertain 8 (ill know better when i see him at the toronto kermess in july, & for those who dont know puzant, he'll be there too )
      Armen Aloyan - 6

Originally posted by Baron Dants
      Manuel Manankichian - 8.5 (is he the guy formerly with the yerki bari ensemble?)
      Originally posted by jilbagh
      Manuel Manankichian - 7 (silva?)
      Manuel is indeed the guy who sang "Silva" & his most popular "Yerchangoutyan Artsounknere", which was also a movie in which he acted as well.

Comment

Andy Madadian- 9 (great entertainer)
        Paul (Pole) Baghdadlian- 8 (ays gisher yes harpelem... )
        Nune- 0 (she's too nasal...reminds me of Fran Drescher)
        Tata- 1 (wabbly head distracts me)
        Tatoul- 8 (great singer..sounds like he's takin a dump)
        Aram Asatryan- 10 ( I LOVE THIS GUY)
        Armenchik-10 (great for the young Armenians)
        Ofelia Hambartsumyan- N/A I just love saying her name
        Harout Paboojian-5 (too hairy)
        Aram's Asastryan's son-.000000 (sucks donkey balls)
        Vatche- LOL

Comment

Hey we forgot the little guy!!! Gourgen Dabaghian!!!

I give him a 10 for being so young with such a powerful voice. Sang with Nune and BLEW HER AWAY!

Comment

Yeah...he gets 10 from me as well!!
            Though anyone of you who havent heard Badalian, i recommend you to listen...everyone of you should at least hear one or two good armenian folk songs !

Comment

Paul Baghdadlian - 3 (crack and black label has dearly affected his career)
              since he's past his prime, u had to rate him in his best years. i give him 10 for then & u know what? i still give him a big 10 now. he's tired & worn & cant belt it like he used to, but he's still the best armenian singer there is for me... he's got that attitude.. even in his sad love songs where he's like "sireliiis.. veratartsiiiir" his tone of voice sounds like "chi veratarnas ne, voroun djiveroun agaaaa!!!" looolll i like that about his singing.... it makes him a total a$$hole of a person, but i gotta give it to him that at least its working in favor of his singing.

Originally posted by violette829
              Harout Paboojian-5 (too hairy)
              cmon, ppl.. make it about the singing!!!

Comment

Originally posted by violette829
                Paul (Pole) Baghdadlian- 8 (ays gisher yes harpelem... )
                wow... what a beautiful song......... "Kez Em Hishoum" indeed..

Comment

Originally posted by ardenik
                  wow... what a beautiful song......... "Kez Em Hishoum" indeed..
                  ~that song was sang at the april 24th system concert lol...great song
                  but yeah you're right, in his hay day paul would've been a 9-10

~someone mentioned Nune being nasal annoying...wtf do you think Andy sounds when he sings? but he has a good production crew that creates a good show and makes up for him.

The Aravod CD isn't a good way to judge them, you have to see them live, and im sure their next recording will be recorded better....but they kick vor

Comment

~that song was sang at the april 24th system concert lol...great song
                    but yeah you're right, in his hay day paul would've been a 9-10

~someone mentioned Nune being nasal annoying...wtf do you think Andy sounds when he sings? but he has a good production crew that creates a good show and makes up for him.

The Aravod CD isn't a good way to judge them, you have to see them live, and im sure their next recording will be recorded better....but they kick vor

I SAID HE WAS A GOOD ENTERTAINER!! HIS SONGS ARE FUN!!!! NUNE SUCKS AND SHE NEEDS TO LEARN HOW TO DRESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Comment

Karout Khatchoyan- 6 (turkish songs well transelated, but again which armenian song isn't really?)
                      The songs sung by Badalian, Matevosian, Hambartsumian, Alla Levonyan, Lilit Pipoyan, and most of what Nune sings (before she tried to appeal to the masses with stupid songs like "akh yo dlo yo dlo").

And Arden, Matevosian was DEFINITELY worth 15 on 10 back in the day. You have to listen to the old tapes, not the CDs.

Oh, and we forgot Arthur Meschian - 8

Comment

Working...
                      X