Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Poetry Corner

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry, Sag. But all the people snapping their fingers after the reading frieghtened me!

Comment

• Originally posted by anileve
      Really? I could have sworn that it's identical to his writing style. I think he's a bit ashamed to portray himself as a romantic, which he certainly is. Oh well, let him maintain that manly shell.
      That poem was written while possessed by someone elses spirit so technically it's not really mine.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

• I swear and scratch
        and want to hit and run
        and be no one
        not even me

Comment

• forum, boredom, what's the difference?
          this place if full of pervasive indifference
          sometimes rude, sometimes obnoxious
          and other times just right down noxious!

silly looong arguments back and forth
          hurts my eyes to read, please don't post
          some think they're "intellectuals" here
          sadly mistaken! dudes, just stick with beer!

there are a few who are nice
          and others just cold as ice
          still some need much attention
          they forget to take their medication!

love me or hate me, i really don't care
          be a friend or a foe i just don't care
          what is funny is to sit back and stare
          these dumba$$ posts like cancer flare!

Comment

• Originally posted by hyebruin
            love me or hate me, i really don't care
            be a friend or a foe i just don't care
            Don't lie. Apparently, you care enough to write a poem about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sSsflamesSs
              Don't lie. Apparently, you care enough to write a poem about it.
              aahhhhh the freedom of subjective interpretation...whatever you say hun

Comment

• Any of you got your poems published? :-)
                I see...

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymouse
                  Nothing is wrong if you are horny.
                  I am horny and only 20
                  Entering the peak of of my sexual streak
                  but to lyricize you have to realize
                  that we live in a world of alphabetical ties
                  that we name everything from moods to foods
                  from insults to illiterate adults
                  from walkways and to days like Fridays
                  and we must rise above our animal cries
                  and see that life's a thinly veiled disguise
                  and in this game of verbal kung fu
                  you have to first be an intellectual guru
                  or else people will insult you
                  with their bitter spoken voodoo
                  their tongues will utter twelve thousand names,
                  in twelve thousands angles and mind frames,
                  and pierce your mind in twelve thousand ways
                  and it is a grime crime to waste time
                  for every time lost you lose your mind and a dime
                  if you lose too much time you will be a broken mime
                  and if you can see this and you can travel through the time capsule
                  but if you cant see this then you live in denial
                  and denial is the sixth element
                  after air, after water, after earth wind and fire

Hard to imagine you're only '20'
                  not so hard to believe you're also horny
                  what guy with working nuts isn't horny
                  at such a tender young age of 20?

but you sir, are impressive in a unique way
                  your views are 'erratic' and too much to bear
                  we just love to hear the controversy you display
                  how we dig reading your posts adorned with glare

so next time you post, keep one thing in mind
                  you never know who agrees, or who hates your kind
                  just know in this little online house
                  there will always be cheese for a cute little mouse

Comment

• Post your poetry & prose

The Stain

The ink was carelessly spilling from the tip of my pen, invading the fibers of paper surrounding it, causing a minute, insignificant black stain that painfully drilled through my idle mind that it so eloquently represented. Suddenly, a deep, cavernous groan emerged from the depths of my being that so faithfully resembled the vacant jar that I kept guarded and hidden under the aged mattress that I sometimes referred to as my bed. Within a few minutes, my head began to ache mercilessly and my vision began to blur. I desperately dragged my trembling hands over the frigid ground around me searching for whatever object that could possibly provide me with any kind of escape from my agony. Fortunately, I had little trouble finding a plastic bag containing small, disk-like jewels. With no hesitation, I tore open the bag, scattering its contents over the ground. I swiftly gleaned as many of them as I could and stuffed them into my arid mouth. It didn’t take long before the sortilege of the priceless rubies that I had ingested cast its mystical spell on me and from that moment on, I no longer fathomed whether or not if I was truly conscious. I fell into a deep trance that satisfyingly liberated me from my anguish.

Clueless, I awoke from my hypnotic slumber to the sound of the rushing crowd ferociously stampeding through my streets towards wherever it was that they were headed. As I felt reality slapping its way back into my understanding, I hastily reached for my instrument, come to resemble a shaped board of wood strung with rusty steel wires, and began to play an old song written by a great man whose name I forget. I cringed at the briefcase-bearing passersby with glorious scarves slung across their arrogant backs who generously took precious effort and time out of their busy schedules to reward me with dirty and pitiful looks as I stubbornly recited the lyrics to the song: “I stand up next to a mountain and chop it down with the edge of my hand.” (from: ‘Voodoo Child’ by Jimi Hendrix, 1968) As I allowed my bittersweet emotions to take me over as I sang, the loud, monotonous voices of the cold, pathetic vagabonds besetting me seemed to merge into one dreamy, indeterminate hum. Due to my somnolent state, I’m not sure whether or not if I succeeded in completing the first song before I once again succumbed into a soporific daze.

By the time my already numb senses rejoined me, my beloved admirers had forsaken me, having left as reward three negligible pinches of stale, hardened bread that could have been somebody’s gift to a pigeon. I greedily snatched two of them, but was humiliatingly robbed of the third by a rather large rodent. Mortified, I pounced on the filthy creature and remorselessly clove its head from its niche with one sure tug. I proudly celebrated my achievement with a long-awaited meal. I rewarded myself with a piece of raw meat for the first time in a near eternity.

After I had consumed every comestible ounce of the foul carcass, I allowed myself a brief moment of requiescence before I resumed elaboration on the burdensome stain of ink that had led me to my melancholic condition in the first place. Struggling to focus my concentration on the mocking white page staring scornfully at my blank, deadpan grimace, my mind roamed away from me. I remembered myself being enveloped by adoring throngs similar to the horde of bastards who had besieged me earlier. Ironically, this drift of thoughts only sharpened my surge of inspiration and I suddenly began to scribble my thoughts into words onto this page. I felt as if not even my own demise could arrest my indictment.

And now, as I scrutinize my own drained and weary body, I yearn for a good soul to deliver me from this Sheol…

-------------

- Arden, October 1999.
                    Thanks to John Catino for making me write this.
                    Last edited by ardenik; 06-07-2004, 12:00 PM.

Comment

• We already have the poetry corner for this. Very good poem by the way.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X