Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Protests continue after Ayatollah's warning: Protesters beaten, tear-gassed in street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
    it is all the west's fault. I support the current regime in Iran, they are the only ones protecting Iran from the corruption of western values. We should take Iran as close allies because they are strong and hate Azeri's. Who cares about America? They are a sick empire.
    Your one weird person. You have got to be joking blaming the West (EU,US,UK). You seem like you would be a great cheerleader for Mr Amadinajad's forbidden regime a regime that deserves to be punished under the full extent of International law.

No Armenia would be absolutely foolish to side with an axis of evil nation. No civilized country would accept that. Armenia has nothing to gain from a country that represses its people and corrupts the society to the core. A Government that attempts to kill of the strong young able dissidents of the Iranian youth.

Since Armenia being an extremely poor country that is struggling with the legacy of the former soviet union such an example is the many young Armenian women and girls that sell themselves or are forced to exploit themselves to wealthy EU Citizens or to the emerging rich of the Russian Federation. If Armenia had provide the opportunities for its people than Armenian poverty etc would not be so extreme as it is today as a result of the collapse of the former Soviet Union. Canada has quite of a lot of asylum seekers applications coming from Armenia and this is worrying. One of the only ways forward for Armenia is to provide a good living standard for its people would for Armenia to forge closer ties to the West - especially the EU. So Mos come on don't be so silly with your ideas. Be a bit more sensible than what you are being. Its a very callow comment to say.

Canada has supplying and still is economic, social aid to the Armenian people. We are not entirely sure if Canadian money is being absorbed or handled correctly but Canada's intentions is to assist in making that little more effort to make small but steady positive changes that Armenia badly needs.

Comment

• Re: Protests continue after Ayatollah's warning: Protesters beaten, tear-gassed in st

You obviously either do not know much about the geopolitics of the region or need to do more research, especially that of the South Caucasus/Armenia. Before making judgments based on one blind perspective (that of the West) I suggest you look at things from all perspectives and take into consideration realpolitik. Your statements that Armenia gains nothing from an alliance with Iran is borderline laughable.
      Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

• Re: Protests continue after Ayatollah's warning: Protesters beaten, tear-gassed in st

Originally posted by Federate View Post
        ...I suggest you look at things from all perspectives and take into consideration realpolitik...
        Well said Federate........this cannot be underestimated.
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

• Dealing with illegitimate Regimes like Iran is no way forward

Originally posted by Federate View Post
          You obviously either do not know much about the geopolitics of the region or need to do more research, especially that of the South Caucasus/Armenia. Before making judgments based on one blind perspective (that of the West) I suggest you look at things from all perspectives and take into consideration realpolitik. Your statements that Armenia gains nothing from an alliance with Iran is borderline laughable.
          Unfortunately you poorly educated people have these weird views about supporting Iran. Iran is a threat to the West (EU,US,Israel etc). I strongly disagree your views I find them unacceptable to even lean towards Iran and its dangerous interests. Armenia has nothing to gain whatsoever from Iran and that is the proof, who would want to deal with a sanctioned threat country like Iran nobody. The Armenians that support Iran have absolutely no idea about the consequences of what Iran does to its neighbors. It is a threat to Israel and with Iran and their anti semitic rhetoric is offensive. The Iranian government must refrain from saying such comments.

I hate people that support terror and tyranny regimes, regimes that suppress the free will of their own people, regimes that are a threat to its neighbors and to the world. Iran is a threat to world stability its simple as that.

It seems like according to the research I have accrued that most Armenians that support Iran do not have any European, Canadian value. They do not care about what happens to the region if Armenia is so irresponsible and wishes to do business with an illegitimate regime, this provokes instability to the region.

Federate you are just laughable and stupid by saying that my comment is laughable when I explained that Armenia working together with Iran as an alliance form is laughable. I do not think my comment is laughable its correct Armenia does not have anything to benefit from working with Iran, what's worse for Armenia is that it will create more of a worse image abroad. The EU will start realizing and eventually loathe Armenia's decision then perhaps your dreams of EU Membership will have faded for good. Think about the consequences with your country working with Iran, think about how it will create instability in the region.

Perhaps thats one of the reasons why Armenian travelers have such a dilemma traveling to other countries and obtaining Visas overseas especially when traveling to the EU, Israel etc.

Comment

• Re: Dealing with illegitimate Regimes like Iran is no way forward

Originally posted by JohnCanadian View Post
            Unfortunately you poorly educated people have these weird views about supporting Iran. Iran is a threat to the West (EU,US,Israel etc). I strongly disagree your views I find them unacceptable to even lean towards Iran and its dangerous interests. Armenia has nothing to gain whatsoever from Iran and that is the proof, who would want to deal with a sanctioned threat country like Iran nobody. The Armenians that support Iran have absolutely no idea about the consequences of what Iran does to its neighbors. It is a threat to Israel and with Iran and their anti semitic rhetoric is offensive. The Iranian government must refrain from saying such comments...

Aren't you Canadian? Then why are you jumping up and down for the 'security' of Israel? Your whole argument as to why Armenia should avoid cordial relations with Iran seems to be concentrated on Israel, Israel's security, its interests and benefits. Do you think it'd be sound policy for Armenia to be pursued? Or plain idiocy?
            Last edited by Lucin; 07-26-2009, 11:35 PM.

Comment

• Re: Dealing with illegitimate Regimes like Iran is no way forward

Originally posted by JohnCanadian View Post
              Unfortunately you poorly educated people have these weird views about supporting Iran. Iran is a threat to the West (EU,US,Israel etc). I strongly disagree your views I find them unacceptable to even lean towards Iran and its dangerous interests. Armenia has nothing to gain whatsoever from Iran and that is the proof, who would want to deal with a sanctioned threat country like Iran nobody. The Armenians that support Iran have absolutely no idea about the consequences of what Iran does to its neighbors. It is a threat to Israel and with Iran and their anti semitic rhetoric is offensive. The Iranian government must refrain from saying such comments.

I hate people that support terror and tyranny regimes, regimes that suppress the free will of their own people, regimes that are a threat to its neighbors and to the world. Iran is a threat to world stability its simple as that.

It seems like according to the research I have accrued that most Armenians that support Iran do not have any European, Canadian value. They do not care about what happens to the region if Armenia is so irresponsible and wishes to do business with an illegitimate regime, this provokes instability to the region.

Federate you are just laughable and stupid by saying that my comment is laughable when I explained that Armenia working together with Iran as an alliance form is laughable. I do not think my comment is laughable its correct Armenia does not have anything to benefit from working with Iran, what's worse for Armenia is that it will create more of a worse image abroad. The EU will start realizing and eventually loathe Armenia's decision then perhaps your dreams of EU Membership will have faded for good. Think about the consequences with your country working with Iran, think about how it will create instability in the region.

Perhaps thats one of the reasons why Armenian travelers have such a dilemma traveling to other countries and obtaining Visas overseas especially when traveling to the EU, Israel etc.
              We are the uneducated people around here? Read your post again and you will see who is uneducated

And Iran has been the best neighbor Armenia has had since it gained independence, look at the Artsakh war they were the once helping us not the west. Where was the west when we needed there help? I will tell you where they were, they were helping our enemies and they are stilling doing this. And what has Israel done for us that we should be concerned of it's safety when the same Israel is selling weapons to our enemies. Stop watching fox and CNN and go and read some real news that isn't biased towards the west

Comment

JohnCanadian, I think you should read about how much the civilized West helped us out in 1915.

Comment

John, try reading what a few sound intellectuals and Academics have to say about the relationship between the west and Iran.

have a look at:
                  Adib-Moghaddam, Arshin (2007) 'Manufacturing War: Iran in the neoconservative imagination.' Third World Quarterly, 28 (3). pp. 635-653.

p.s. Bernard Lewis and his neo-Orientalist brethren in the west do not count as intellectuals. they are propaganda aficionados with political agendas and warped views of geographies they have never visited.

Comment

Armenia not doing business with Iran is like Canada not doing business with the USA. I also agree that Iran has been a reliable partner for Armenia and we would have much closer ties if Russian interests were not taken into account. I can't believe Isreal is even brought up in this context, that country is the definition of hypocracy and they have been against our national interests for a long time and still are. I very much am against religion runing a country regardless of it being islam, christian or whatever, but Iran has been and continues to be a good partner to Armenia and i hope this relationship will grow further.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

I fail to see how there can be a way of separating religion from government since the laws have to be derived from some sort of pretext. Most laws in the west are based on Judeo-Christian ideology so unless there is some other known functioning form of laws that have proven to build a functioning society, you either have to follow them or be in constant trouble with the law (if you can afford to be). Those above the law don't have to follow anything. Israel is the new comer in the middle east and was created through blackmail and terrorism. The Israeli government has been bullying their neighbours every since they were formed. Iran has every right to defend themselves and Armenia has every right to have positive diplomatic relations with any of its neighbours as it sees fit.
                      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                      X