Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

150 passengers on board a flight from Tehran to Yerevan feared dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 150 passengers on board a flight from Tehran to Yerevan feared dead

Look at the size of that hole... damn.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Bless their souls. And for their relatives and friends, may your pain subside in time and may your life restart again.

Comment

Mystery surrounds crash of 'fit to fly' Iran plane

Mystery surrounds crash of 'fit to fly' Iran plane

With Armenia's civil aviation organization confirming that the Caspian Airlines plane that crashed in Iran on Wednesday had passed all pre-flight safety inspections, the cause of the disaster remains a mystery.

Flight 7908 went down near the Iranian city of Qazvin in the village of Jannat-abad at 11:33 am local time on Wednesday, killing all 168 people onboard. The plane, a Russian-made Tupolev Tu-154M, was flying from Tehran to Yerevan in Armenia.

"The Tupolev Tu-154M had passed aircraft safety inspections in Russia earlier in June. It was then certified fit to fly until the end of 2010," Nelli Cherchinian, a spokesman for Armenia's civil aviation organization, told RIA Novosti on Thursday.

Armenia and Iran, meanwhile, have agreed to coordinate efforts to investigate the cause of the crash, which has remained a mystery despite the recovery of the aircraft's data recorders.

Investigators have so far found two of the three black boxes in the plane and the search for the missing third continues. One of the data recorders is believed to be damaged beyond repair and will thus be sent to its Russian manufacturer for analysis.

Meanwhile, Russian experts have decided to visit Iran to help with the investigations.

Armenian President Serzh Sargsyan, who declared a national day of mourning for the crash victims, extended condolences to his Iranian counterpart Mahmoud Ahmadinejad during a phone conversation on Thursday.

Ahmadinejad, for his part, called for cooperation in search efforts.

In another development, Ahmad Majidi -- the head of the Crisis Working Group of Iran's Road and Transportation Ministry -- said Thursday that hopes of identifying the remains of the victims of the crash remain bleak.

Mohammad Ali Ahani, the head of the Qazvin disaster management center, added that the remains of the victims had been transferred to a Tehran mortuary, pending possible identification and release by the coroner.

More than 140 relatives of the Armenian victims are reportedly flying to Tehran in a chartered flight on Thursday afternoon.

The plane crash was Iran's worst air disaster since February 2003, when a Russian-made Ilyushin 76 crashed into the mountains of southeastern Iran, killing all 302 people onboard.

US-led sanctions prevent Iran from buying new planes and updating its existing fleet. The sanctions also make it hard for Iran to get its hands on European planes or spare parts.

Ten members of Iran's junior judo squad, a Canadian woman, her son and an Australian brother and sister were among the 168 victims of the tragic incident.

http://www.presstv.ir/detail.aspx?id...tionid=3510212
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Such a loss, I share my condolsenses to their families.

If only they never used such soviet era aircraft this would've never
          happend, my dad told me that sitting on a Tupelov is like sitting on
          a flying jeep on terrain.

Comment

Originally posted by Icy View Post
            Such a loss, I share my condolsenses to their families.

If only they never used such soviet era aircraft this would've never
            happend, my dad told me that sitting on a Tupelov is like sitting on
            a flying jeep on terrain.
            They don't look that xxxxty... and I went to the aviation safety website to compare to other models such as Boeing and I'd say it has had less or an equal number of incidents in its history.

http://aviation-safety.net/database/type/

The Tu-154 is designed to handle unpaved and gravel airfields, and often operates in extreme Arctic conditions of Russia's northern territories. With a service life of 45,000 hrs (18,000 cycles), the plane is expected to continue in operation until 2016, although noise restrictions have seen services to western Europe and other areas restricted in recent years.

Comment

I am very sorry about the loss of your friends Lucin jan, this is just horrible news. I heard about this news this morning and I have been very sad ever since. We are so little and this is the second one happening in just a short while. It's very very sad, may everyone's souls rest in peace.

My mother said that 40+ years ago when the aircrafts were brand new you never heard of airplanes going down. Now that they are getting old it is happening very often and it's unspeakable. They shouldn't use them when they're getting old. Money doesn't replace the gifts of lives that are lost. Never.

Comment

Originally posted by Anoush View Post
                I am very sorry about the loss of your friends Lucin jan, this is just horrible news. I heard about this news this morning and I have been very sad ever since. We are so little and this is the second one happening in just a short while. It's very very sad, may everyone's souls rest in peace.

My mother said that 40+ years ago when the aircrafts were brand new you never heard of airplanes going down. Now that they are getting old it is happening very often and it's unspeakable. They shouldn't use them when they're getting old. Money doesn't replace the gifts of lives that are lost. Never.
                True, however the reality is that a passenger aircraft this size costs about 45 million dollars.

Breaking that down... an average Engineer making say $75,000 a year... would take 600 engineers 1 year to build or 1 person 600 years to build.
                Last edited by KanadaHye; 07-17-2009, 07:45 AM.

Comment

Thanks guys. I've had a horrible feeling... may you never ever experience it.

Comment

Psalm 103:15-21; As for us, our life is like grass. We grow and flourish like a wild flower; then the wind blows on it, and it is gone - no one sees it again. But for those who honor the LORD, his love lasts forever, and his goodness endures for all generations of those who are true to his covenant and who faithfully obey his commands.

The LORD placed his throne in heaven; he is king over all. Praise the LORD, you strong and mighty angels, who obey his commands, who listen to what he says. Praise the LORD, all you heavenly powers, you servants of his who do his will!

Comment

...Amen...
                      THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Working...
                      X