Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

150 passengers on board a flight from Tehran to Yerevan feared dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 150 passengers on board a flight from Tehran to Yerevan feared dead

Originally posted by Federate View Post
    My heart broke as I woke up to this news. Vay mayr@ taghem, meg had shnorkov autanav chen kider shinel asonk? Yeghadz cheghadz@ 10 million joghovourt enk yev yergou autanav ingadz eh hayerov 3 darva metch.
    true, yev irents autanavnerna shad hine, daha russiagan autanavner gekotsatsenkor. Aysor chinna wage gina, sad but true.
    Also Leon Davidian the former Iranian-Armenian member of parliament was on the flight.

Comment

Names of those died, i am posting this for information if it is inappropriate delete it please:
      1 - Abdullah Hamid Reza Zadeh
      2 - Ahmadi peaceful Nvrh
      3 - آنت wrinkle
      4 - Ghasem Akbari
      5 - Maryam Alaei
      6 - Q. Alavi Shyrkhv
      7 - Ahmed Ali Mohammadi
      8 - Ali Mohammadi Arash
      9 - Ali Akbar Ali Mohammadi
      10 - Ali Mohammadi, Kaveh
      11 - Manizheh Alirezaei
      12 - Mojdeh Alirezaei
      13 - Amini Anahita Jafari
      14 - Ali Amiri
      15 - Nana Ntashyan
      16 - Edwin Sadvryan
      17 - Rshavyr Avakian
      18 - Free Avanesiyan

19 - Msyb Zyzalhy
      20 - Enos Babvmyan
      21 - Y. Bagher Pour
      22 - Ali Bahrami
      23 - According to H.
      24 - M. Brfrvshan
      25 - Q. Beheshti race
      26 - Anna Bvghvsyan
      27 - Roya Bhlvly
      28 - Leon Davydyan
      29 - This Vhydrza Dehghani
      30 - Martyk Dravansyan
      31 - Vahid Ebrahimi deuce
      32 - Darius resuscitation
      33 - Nayyry Estepanian
      34 - Shvghr Estepanian

35 - Jamshid Flamrzpvr
      36 - M. Fallahzadeh
      37 - Rashid Faraj Zade
      38 - Mohsen spiritual virtues
      39 - aperient Garanyan
      40 - Ms. F.. Hamid Black
      41 - Ali judge
      42 - Neda Gholamhossein
      43 - Hassan Qlvby
      44 - Hasmak Qlvyan Haft
      45 - Karabd Bvkasyan
      46 - Chkadva Syvy
      47 - Nik Name Abbas
      48 - Gnutella Nykvnva
      49 - Mohsen Nvrvzpvr
      50 - Nasser Nosrati
      51 - Ibrahim Pydarsy
      52 - Castle Poolad Hmaspvr
      53 - Ali Reza Ghorbani Poor
      54 - Mrs. M.. Pour Moqaddam
      55 - Mr. and. Mansour Rafiee
      56 - M. Reihani
      57 - Mostafa Sabagh
      58 - Shhnam Sabouri
      59 - David Salaryan

60 - Arian Salehi
      61 - Saeed Salehi
      62 - F. Samarkand
      63 - S. Samarkand
      64 - Mohammad Hossein Snayy
      65 - Armen Sarksyan
      66 - Vavh Sarksyan
      67 - Armen Srkysyan

68 - Mr. Q. Seyed Ali Pur
      69 - Masoumeh Shadkhv
      70 - Yvryk Shahbazian
      71 - Ms. Shahmradyan
      72 - Khachatvr Symvnyan

73 - Khachyky
      74 - Ara Syrvyan
      75 - Amin Soleimani Far
      76 - Muhammad Ali
      77 - Zrmynh Svktazyan
      78 - Vartanvsh Thmasyan
      79 - Lvsyk Tarmynyan
      80 - Ramon Tarvyan

81 - Christian Trvvansy ?
      82 - Anahita Trvvansy ?
      83 - Nasser T.
      84 - Tadh Tymash
      85 - Siyavash patriotic
      86 - Yqvbyan
      87 - ر. Yqvbyan

89 - A. Yamini
      90 - Reza Yousefi
      91 - Ala Zare
      92 - Amir Zare
      93 - Trlan Zare
      94 - Mr. M.. Mahmoud Zarif
      95 - Mr. A.. Zbrdst
      96 - believe Zyny وند
      97 - Arthur Gregorian
      98 - Mohammad Hadadi
      99 - Arian Hadykhan
      100 - M.. ر Hadykhan
      101 - GholamReza Haghparast
      102 - Asadollah Haghparast
      103 - Hassan Hassanzadeh
      104 - Plvryk Hayrvptv
      105 - Seyed Mehdi Hosseini
      106 - Joe Mohammad Izadi
      107 - J. Jafari
      108 - jacob Jafari
      109 - Majid Jalali
      110 - Vahid Jvanbkhsh
      111 - H. Jvanbkhsh
      112 - Seyed Mohammad Jazayeri
      113 - Shayan S. Jazayeri
      114 - Roham Seyed Jazayeri
      115 - Hamid Reza Kakavndy
      116 - Talyan Karatypan
      117 - Nadia Karimi
      118 - Niloofar Karimi
      119 - Nima Karimi
      120 - Hossein Karimi
      121 - Q. Kashani Qareh
      122 - Ahmad Kermani
      123 - Amin baker work
      124 - Edward Khachyk
      125 - Khvanyn Hassan Zadeh
      126 - Ali Iron Date
      127 - Ahmadreza Khrady
      128 - Homa sociable habit
      129 - Division A.
      130 - Roya Lotfi person
      131 - Mr. A. Mahmood Zadeh
      132 - Nayry Maylyan
      133 - Rshavyr Manasryan
      134 - Karin Margaryan

135 - Masis Matyan Kvnara
      136 - Annie Mlkvmakar
      137 - Aryan Mlkvmakar
      138 - Meghdad teacher
      139 - Ali Mohaddes
      140 - Sir H.. Mohammadi
      141 - Gholam Reza Mohammadi
      142 - Fatima Mohammad Safa
      143 - Babak Mokhtari
      144 - Mr. T. Moradian Haji
      145 - Mr. M.. Mozafari
      146 - Nazila نعيم
      147 - Sadeq Najafi Lahiji
      148 - Lvard Navasartyan
      149 - Ali Nazari patience
      150 - Shvt Nrsysyan
      151 - H. Nyaqy
      152 - Seyed Farhad Nyavrany
      153 - Saeed Rasooli
      I used a translator some names are written wrong.
      If someone want it in Farsi let me know.
      Last edited by Siggie; 02-05-2010, 11:05 AM. Reason: edited to bold 84- Tadeh Timash

Comment

God be with them.
        RIP
        B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

May all rest in peace. Sorry for your loss, Lucin.

Comment

My heart broke as I woke up to this news. Vay mayr@ taghem, meg had shnorkov autanav chen kider shinel asonk? Yeghadz cheghadz@ 10 million joghovourt enk yev yergou autanav ingadz eh hayerov 3 darva metch.

[/url]
            This problem will not go away and it will happen again with these aging aircraft that have flown beyond their service life...........not to mention they were a peace a crap to begin with. Damn
            B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

I still don't get how stupid one has to be to allow such planes to even continue to exist . They were old as hell.
              THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Also remember the air flight incident when the U.S. shot down the civilian airliner "Iran Air Flight 655" in 1988. This may very well been an accident, poor maintenance, etc. One can never be too sure whether or not there is tampering involved.

Very tragic. My heart goes out to all surviving family and friends of those onboard for their loss.

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                This problem will not go away and it will happen again with these aging aircraft that have flown beyond their service life...........not to mention they were a peace a crap to begin with. Damn
                Assuming this is a Tupolev Tu-154, which is a more common model, then it beats the American and European counterparts in terms of safety records:

"After the Tu-154 had been in service for 26 years (1998) and logged 21 million flight hours, it had a better than average safety record (1.7 times fewer incidents than the world average [ICAO stats])."

Unfortunately, they are dinosaurs.
                Last edited by KanadaHye; 07-15-2009, 06:46 AM.
                "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Air Disaster: Plane never contacted Armenia authorities

Deputy Chief of the Head Department of Civil Aviation Arsen Poghosyan says that the Tupolev 154 Caspian Airlines that crashed in northern Iran Wednesday afternoon did not contact Armenia’s navigation services.

“When it took off at 12.02, they gave preliminary information that it was to enter Armenian territory at 12.52. However, already at 12.48 their controllers contacted our controllers and told them to cancel the moment of entering Armenia airspace, because the plane could not be seen on the screens.”

The plane went down in a location near the town of Qazvin, some 180 kilometers from Tehran killing 153 passengers on board, including two children, and 15 crew members.

According to Poghosyan, according to preliminary lists of passengers, 35 of them are Armenians, and four are citizens of Armenia – Ashot Nersisyan, Artur Grigoryan, Karine Margaryan and Ara Siroyan.

Two of the plane’s crew, Grigor Barseghyan and Suren Soghomonyan are also Armenians. Two of the passengers, Chkadua Givi and Natela Novikova are citizens of Georgia. The rest are citizens of Iran.

Among them were members of Iran's Junior Judo squad - eight athletes and two coaches – coming to Armenia for training.

Head of Armenia’s flight security inspection Serob Karapetyan said he did not exclude that the crew tried to head for some nearby airport to make an emergency landing but did not manage.

“The plane that crashed was Iranian registered and under Iranian aviation authorities’ control. Tu 154 planes are supplied with necessary equipment required by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). Of course, these planes were produced 15 years ago, but 15 years cannot be considered a long period for aircraft,” said head of Armenia’s flight security inspection.

Caspian Airlines operates up to 13 Tehran-Yerevan flights a week and is the only company to service this direction.

Operative headquarters were deployed at Zvartnots Airport, with medics and psychologists, and ambulance vehicles, on standby to help people who came to see their family members or friends arriving on the ill-fated flight.

President Serzh Sargsyan cut his visit to northern provinces of Armenia short and rushed to Yerevan upon learning the news, his press office reported. Sargsyan declared a day of mourning in Armenia for July 16.

Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
                    Also remember the air flight incident when the U.S. shot down the civilian airliner "Iran Air Flight 655" in 1988. This may very well been an accident, poor maintenance, etc. One can never be too sure whether or not there is tampering involved.

Very tragic. My heart goes out to all surviving family and friends of those onboard for their loss.

Assuming this is a Tupolev Tu-154, which is a more common model, then it beats the American and European counterparts in terms of safety records:

"After the Tu-154 had been in service for 26 years (1998) and logged 21 million flight hours, it had a better than average safety record (1.7 times fewer incidents than the world average [ICAO stats])."

Unfortunately, they are dinosaurs.
                    First I agree that we should not be jumping to conclusions as far as the cause of the crash…….being in Aviation myself I know that very well. As far as safety records this Aircraft does not have a good history but I take your word for it. I do like its ability to take off and land out of short rough runways.

BTW, ICAO is international standards………………..Aircraft operating and certified under FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) have the best safety record by far per flight hours.
                    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                      First I agree that we should not be jumping to conclusions as far as the cause of the crash…….being in Aviation myself I know that very well. As far as safety records this Aircraft does not have a good history but I take your word for it. I do like its ability to take off and land out of short rough runways.

BTW, ICAO is international standards………………..Aircraft operating and certified under FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) have the best safety record by far per flight hours.
                      The article I posted says it was built in 1987 (22 yrs ago), the one Fed posted says it was 15 years old. So what is regarded as too old in terms of aviation?
                      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Working...
                      X