Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

WTF is THIS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WTF is THIS?

Originally posted by meline View Post
    Don't worry, the whale will take care of that
    That's no way to talk about my future wife... LOL.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
      That's no way to talk about my future wife... LOL.
      My apologize! I just tried to be optimistic by saying a whale (Got me in my sarcastic mood)

Comment

Originally posted by meline View Post
        My apologize! I just tried to be optimistic by saying a whale (Got me in my sarcastic mood)
        Welcome aboard the sarcasm mobile. Today we will tour the oceans of Guinea.... please look out the window to your right as we pass by the big hairy creature from the sea. Do not take photo's, it is flash sensitive. Thank-you and enjoy the ride.
        "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
          Welcome aboard the sarcasm mobile. Today we will tour the oceans of Guinea.... please look out the window to your right as we pass by the big hairy creature from the sea. Do not take photo's, it is flash sensitive. Thank-you and enjoy the ride.

Great!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sako View Post
            Maybe a monstrous whale? I doubt it was a regular. Sea monsters aren't exactly a myth. They do exist and I wouldn't be surprised if this was one!
            Yes, sea monsters are not mythical... nor are unicorns, bigfoot, chupacabra, or the toothfairy.
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
              Yes, sea monsters are not mythical... nor are unicorns, bigfoot, chupacabra, or the toothfairy.
              *Is relieved that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not on your list*

Maybe the body that washed up was his cousin, the Swimming Sushi Monster
              Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Comment

Originally posted by Federate View Post
                *Is relieved that the Flying Spaghetti Monster is not on your list*

Maybe the body that washed up was his cousin, the Swimming Sushi Monster
                Noooooo! Don't associate sushi with decaying whale flesh!
                [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

I think you're in love with denial Siggie! Just the other day I posted a picture of very strange creatures like for example a gigantic jellyfish, if I'm not mistaken, which wasn't even close to being regular. What would you say to that? Sea Monsters aren't aliens and they aren't as unbelievable as you think. I don't see why it's so hard to believe actually. Just today, scientists discovered a new species of dragon, lol! Let's not completely deny anything. http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92849/?fp=1

Life is a discovery Siggie jan ! Word of advice. Stop denying and start questioning more. If all scientists plainly denied, this world wouldn't really be what it is. Look at me. I didn't outright deny that what I posted might've been a whale or something but I personally thought it didn't look too regular and might be a strange fish. It might be something else, maybe even a sea monster (which is basically a big, strange sea creature which you don't see every day, what's so unbelievable?). Hell, it might be anything. Problem is, when I told you about that, you teased me !
                  THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Originally posted by Sako View Post
                    I think you're in love with denial Siggie! Just the other day I posted a picture of very strange creatures like for example a gigantic jellyfish, if I'm not mistaken, which wasn't even close to being regular. What would you say to that? Sea Monsters aren't aliens and they aren't as unbelievable as you think. I don't see why it's so hard to believe actually. Just today, scientists discovered a new species of dragon, lol! Let's not completely deny anything. http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92849/?fp=1

Life is a discovery Siggie jan ! Word of advice. Stop denying and start questioning more. If all scientists plainly denied, this world wouldn't really be what it is. Look at me. I didn't outright deny that what I posted might've been a whale or something but I personally thought it didn't look too regular and might be a strange fish. It might be something else, maybe even a sea monster (which is basically a big, strange sea creature which you don't see every day, what's so unbelievable?). Hell, it might be anything. Problem is, when I told you about that, you teased me !
                    No, undiscovered species in the ocean is one thing; "Sea monsters" are quite another. And a lizard is also not a "dragon."

That's an incredibly hypocritical, condescending, and ignorant thing to say to me when you are the one preaching the gospel of a god everywhere. Creationists are the ones that stand in the way of discovery.

Stop telling me what science should and should not be. You don't know the proper way to go about "discovering" things. I just choose not to waste my time with pseudoscience and instead turn my attention to areas where discoveries are possible (i.e. reality). Afterall, what is there to discover if you say something isn't capable of being understood by humans?

Comment

No, undiscovered species in the ocean is one thing; "Sea monsters" are quite another. And a lizard is also not a "dragon."
                      Well, that's what they called it! A new species of dragon. It doesn't look like the dragon in the Lord of the Rings but there you go, lol.

That's an incredibly hypocritical, condescending, and ignorant thing to say to me when you are the one preaching the gospel of a god everywhere.
                      I haven't been "preaching" ANYTHING, Siggie! I have been discussing openly in a friendly manner. Does someone have a problem with that? Low tolerance levels are not my problem. There are lots of things I don't like but I don't get in anyone's face. I respect everyone regardless of how they perceive life or what they think. I created and continue to create bridges ... not walls!

Creationists are the ones that stand in the way of discovery.
                      I'm not a creationist. And no one is standing in your way. You want to discover something, go ahead. I'll even help you out if I can. I'm more realistic then you think.

Stop telling me what science should and should not be. You don't know the proper way to go about "discovering" things.
                      And how would you know? Because of a few threads I posted discussing stuff we can't explain? Pretty rational thinking there, lol.

I just choose not to waste my time with pseudoscience and instead turn my attention to areas where discoveries are possible (i.e. reality). Afterall, what is there to discover if you say something isn't capable of being understood by humans?
                      Did I say SEA MONSTERS can't be understood by humans? Damn, no matter what I post, you IMMEDIATELY deny instead of trying to think about it. I'm not so sure myself when it comes to lots of things .. religion, supernatural, science, this world, etc. ! But I don't DENY as if I KNOW and neither do I confirm anything as if I KNOW. I'm just discussing. That's what leads to discoveries. We aren't failing here, we're just finding ways not to make a light bulb and soon enough, we'll get it right.
                      THE ROAD TO FREEDOM AND JUSTICE IS A LONG ONE!

Comment

Working...
                      X