Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Anyone go to club Minx tonight?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone go to club Minx tonight?

I was supposed to perform with one of the opening acts ... but I got ousted so the MC I was with could use one of his old crew members instead, waa waa lol. In all honesty I didn't really care as I was more interested in being in Glendale for the first time since I arrived and scoping out any Armos that were in the hizzie =P

Is Minx Armo related at all? Probably just my imagination but I thought I saw a bunch of Armos scattered around. Nice place I guess ... bartender was not so good. "Meh" was my overall impression. The "stage" if you'd call it that was really on a sub-par level. Then there were all these ppl selling this cheap merch everywhere.

Anyway holla if you were there or if you have any info about this place ...

Oh and thanks for hooking me up with all the L.A. info!

Re: Anyone go to club Minx tonight?

Originally posted by Lamb Boy View Post
    I was supposed to perform with one of the opening acts ... but I got ousted so the MC I was with could use one of his old crew members instead, waa waa lol. In all honesty I didn't really care as I was more interested in being in Glendale for the first time since I arrived and scoping out any Armos that were in the hizzie =P

Is Minx Armo related at all? Probably just my imagination but I thought I saw a bunch of Armos scattered around. Nice place I guess ... bartender was not so good. "Meh" was my overall impression. The "stage" if you'd call it that was really on a sub-par level. Then there were all these ppl selling this cheap merch everywhere.

Anyway holla if you were there or if you have any info about this place ...

Oh and thanks for hooking me up with all the L.A. info!
    HA! I live right by Minx! 5 minutes away! You should have said something and I would have joined you (although not likely since I am prepping for finals).

But from what I understand, the place is owned by an Armenian guy, who used to own the restaurant Carousel, a famous restaurant here that specializes in Mediterranean cuisine.

Minx was actually got a good review or something to that effect by some publication, or so I heard.

Where in L.A. do you live?
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Is Minx that fancy shmancy looking place with all the crazy lighting that you can see from the 134 going over to 2 North?
      this post = teh win.

Comment

Yeah, it used to be the Rusty Pelican.
        Between childhood, boyhood,
        adolescence
        & manhood (maturity) there
        should be sharp lines drawn w/
        Tests, deaths, feats, rites
        stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

What's up Anon, Sip? Man I thought that I had finally pissed everyone off here that I was never going to get a reply!! It would serve me right I suppose! heheh

Anyway ... yes Minx is the nightclub with the lights that look cool and it used to be the Rusty Pelican. Overall nice place, big ... I was bummed because I didn't get to perform but oh well. At least for the first time ever I felt somewhat immersed in Armenian ppl that were peer level. Some very beautiful ladies but they seemed preoccupied with the "Hip Hop" guys ifyaknowwhatimshayin. I've been scratching and doing the turntablist thing for over 12 years and I still think that the culture is too flashy, praises the destruction of the English language and in general embodies a bunch of things I don't get down with. So there I am surrounded by posers hating it because I don't get to play because I have never used Rane Serato. Sorry but the whole digital DJ'ing systems are not that appealing to me so I never played with one.

I digress ... Hey Anon you're right I should have let you guys and gals know ahead of time! I have another show coming up opening for KRS-1 on the 20th. I'll post more details as soon as I can ...

As far as where I am at I actually live in Lawndale, which is just above Redondo Beach. Compared to where I started in metro L.A., Chatsworth, I'm lovin' it. I really REALLY like it here. Been having a really good time in SoCal.

Well I for one am down for meeting up with a few Armenian Club ppl at Minx or another Armenian hotspot sometime so let’s make it happen! Then you can meet this Lamb Boy Jerk in person and let me know what you really think about me lol I'll probably regret everything I ever wrote!! ;-) I already do ...

How are finals?

Comment

Its next to me, a minute away.

Haven't been there, but I'm down with the meet.

Comment

Cool Fedayeen ... hit me up! All intereted holler!

Sip, Tom, Anon? Karo are you in L.A.?

Man the wait for a reply around here has gotten crazy! I'll blame the holidays ...

I think it was like this last year ...

Oh happy holidays everyone!! Hope you all had a nice Turkey Day.

Comment

I am in the finals mode Lamb. I will be done Dec 10. If you are having a show or what not. Let me know.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Lamb Boy View Post
                  Sip, Tom, Anon? Karo are you in L.A.?

Man the wait for a reply around here has gotten crazy! I'll blame the holidays ...
                  Sorry dude, I am not in LA but occasionally make my way down there. Just keep us posted here with the dates
                  this post = teh win.

Comment

Working...
                  X