Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Delicacies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Armenian Delicacies

Greetings all,

I love cooking dishes from all countries,
    so far ive tried:
    Spanish
    Mexican
    Italian
    Chinese
    Malay
    Thai
    Greek
    Turkish

dishes.

How about opening up a thread for you guys to post Armenian recipes that i could try?

I really would like to cook some and try...

hey guys, do not tell me the Armenian Cuisine does not exist

or maybe Armenian recipes are top secret or is it because you guys do not know how to cook?

Comment

I don't cook anything, thus I am of no use.

Yes cuisine exists, it's just I'm not an authority on how to make anything.

I can barely make toast.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

[hey anony, thanks for posting something other than the "G" word (no i am not going to mention it in this thread, no!!)]

it is a wonder that you can at least make some toast as a girl i should be ashamed of myself i suppose cos until i left my family home i did not even know how to make a toast... now i can cook good stuff...

i guess it is all my mum's fault, cos she would never like me nor my elder sister to help house work nor cooking, even at dinner table she would stuff things into our mouth like babies

well until i learned how to cook, i faced the danger of becoming an obese due to eating in Mc Donalds ops:

(my mum still feeds my elder sister )

hey by the way i saw in the cookbooks that we have similiar foods if not identical ( some identical ones are as follows: lahmacun, dolma, pilav, borek)

i would like to know what other stuffs you guys have, other than those up there...)

i would like to go and try in a restaurant but i guess theres no Armenian restaurant in here, although theres an Armenian street and plenty of churches.

maybe one day someone will come and open up one restaurant, it would do good business, here people have this ideology "Do not Eat to live, Live to Eat!" and also, the Armenian street is in the heart of the city there are a lot of good quality restaurants and cafes around and theres a huge tourist flow...

there are lotsa Turkish restaurants and the owners are gonna be rich! but it is very expensive i never eat in some of them ( a kebab roll about 30 bucks)

Comment

Originally posted by disksoleil
          (my mum still feeds my elder sister )
          Uhhhhhhh, I find that very disturbing. Does she still bathe you 2 also? I bet she does your laundry. Maybe she even dresses you in the morning, and tells you goodnight stories.

Emil

Comment

Originally posted by disksoleil
            hey by the way i saw in the cookbooks that we have similiar foods if not identical ( some identical ones are as follows: lahmacun, dolma, pilav, borek)
            Lahmacun = 100% Arabic cuisine
            dolma = turkish
            pilav = persian
            borek = middle eastern
            most Armenians cook and/or eat those dishes, but they also cook Pizza, Pasta, kung pao chicken and fajitas...
            get over it... Turkish and Armenian cultures are neither "similar" nor "identical"

Comment

A cultural anthropologist would disagree, there are similarities even though you will not agree, history doesn't work that way, we are all influenced by one another especially geographic neighbors.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

why are you so damn irritating anonymous.

By the way i completely agree with you jahannam

Comment

Irritating you say?

Because I do not let my emotional side blind me from historical or anthropoligical accuracy?

You see, I too can be a blind, and ignore facts and the process of history and how it works, but for the life me, I cannot, as I am trying to be as objective in my analysis and method of gaining knowledge.

If I allow myself to get blinded, I will make erronous and invalid reasoning and reside with fallacious logic and knowledge.

I am sorry you do not like the way history works, but history is a process, not a single point in time, hence the term "history" as it is a series that never ends. Armenians have lived under Turks for centuries and thus have been in contact with them and both cultures share similarities whether you may like it or not. It is no different than when Armenians lived under Persians or Romans or the Sasanids, etc. Unless Armenians were strictly isolated island peoples then I can see they would have no similarities in culture but they are not.

That is the way history goes, I cannot change it, even if you do not like it.

That doesn't mean that I like the Turkish government, or any other government for that matter. That doesn't excuse the crimes perpetrated against Armenians or anyone else.

There is intellectual integrity and knowledge that shouldn't be decided by our emotional sides.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

P.S. Tigran I love your nose.

It's just begging for me to peel the potatoe.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                    X