Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian Delicacies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awww jahannamig youre so cute hahaha.

Yea we also have informercials don't forget. That is how we know who Billy Mays and that is how we know what OXICLEAN is.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by jahannam
      there is no soujoukh in Sweden?
      lol
      that sux
      California rules
      we have EVERYTHING here!
      (including kids who do drugs and have sex and all that bad stuff, of course)
      yeah well, we r just about 5 000 here (max) .... :?

And besides, i don't think that ur Cali sogough tastes like the one in Hayastan/Artsakh

p.s. we have that bad stuff here too, maybe a lil bit less ...

Comment

well... the stores that sell soujoukh here are owned by people who came from Haiastan or Artsakh or Syria...
        so trust me...
        it's good stuff!
        8)

Comment

Tolma or Dolmades as they call them are Greek in origin but the are very popular all over th world even in south America. But as far as i know soujoukh and basturma are turkish. you guys mean the meat soujoukh right, not the one with the nuts? anyway the LA soujoukh is pretty good actually i cant compare it with Armenian soujoukh because i was only 7 years old when we left Armenia and back in 1994 everyone there was so poor andthe situation was so bad that we only had soujoukh and good meat on holidays and birthdays. the situation was awful back then but i loved it so much and i didnt care because none of the kids cared about that. i played outside with my friends all day, playing cops and robbers and driving our toy cars in the sandbox and playing with ants and catching ants in a matchbox and then we would put in a bee and see what happens. we also had a dog that would come to our "hayat" all the time so we decided to make a house out of bricks for it but one day my friends dad kicked downthe house and hte dog never came back. I MISS ARMENIA SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. i havent been there for almost 9 years now. i miss my friends going to the hills in vanadzor with my friends and their grandfather and camping and picking berries. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH why cant i be there.

I just let all my feeling out and i feel really good

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian
            Tolma or Dolmades as they call them are Greek in origin but the are very popular all over th world even in south America. But as far as i know soujoukh and basturma are turkish. you guys mean the meat soujoukh right, not the one with the nuts? anyway the LA soujoukh is pretty good actually i cant compare it with Armenian soujoukh because i was only 7 years old when we left Armenia and back in 1994 everyone there was so poor andthe situation was so bad that we only had soujoukh and good meat on holidays and birthdays. the situation was awful back then but i loved it so much and i didnt care because none of the kids cared about that. i played outside with my friends all day, playing cops and robbers and driving our toy cars in the sandbox and playing with ants and catching ants in a matchbox and then we would put in a bee and see what happens. we also had a dog that would come to our "hayat" all the time so we decided to make a house out of bricks for it but one day my friends dad kicked downthe house and hte dog never came back. I MISS ARMENIA SOOOOOOOOOO MUCH. i havent been there for almost 9 years now. i miss my friends going to the hills in vanadzor with my friends and their grandfather and camping and picking berries. AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH why cant i be there.

I just let all my feeling out and i feel really good

i ment the one with the nuts

Comment

hi guys, 'dolma' in Turkish means 'stuffed' or 'filled in' so i guess it might be Turkish. As for soujouk and basturma (we call them sucuk and pastirma) the best ones are from Kayseri (Keseria) well, it has been ages i haven eaten those stuffs..

Comment

Life is not lost by dying; life is lostminute by minute, day by dragging day, in all the thousand small uncaring ways...
                I never waste my time with any kind of blunders or absurduties. I always use the minutes to learn something new...
                Before 2 years i never tried or thought to cook cause my mom was handling the situation but nowadays i use my own hands to cook !
                I am pretty cool in cooking dolma, pilav , chourov patates and everything you can imagin...(hmmm Delicious)
                Some people in this forum talk alot and sometimes they are off topic and there is a wise saying which says :Talk doesn't cook rice....
                I use nothing but the best ingredients. My cookies are always baked fresh. I price cookies so that no one cannot make them at home for any less. And I still give cookies away My Mom teached me enough...I am good in making salads too and to make a good salad is to be a brilliant diplomatist -- the problem is entirely the same in both cases. To know exactly how much oil one must put with one's vinegar

sometiems when i am tired hunger is a good cook and I don't even butter my bread; I consider that COOKING

Comment

Originally posted by disksoleil
                  hi guys, 'dolma' in Turkish means 'stuffed' or 'filled in' so i guess it might be Turkish. As for soujouk and basturma (we call them sucuk and pastirma) the best ones are from Kayseri (Keseria) well, it has been ages i haven eaten those stuffs..
                  Coming to Basturma and soujouk i have a brilliant news and it is helarious to everyone who has tasted! Have you ever heard about Shawerma?? I am sure you do cause turkish people are good at it so in lebanon before 8 monthes they made the "SHawerma soujouk" and now everyone is going crazy on it

Its looks great !! isn't it?

dont you feel you wanna eat some?

Delicious Traditional Dishes of Turkey

THis is the Shawerma i was talking about but its "CHEIKEN SHAWERMA" and now in Lebanon we have the new "SOUJOUK SHWERMA"

One of my delicious food
                  Last edited by Guest; 05-16-2004, 06:44 AM.

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA dolma is kurdish funny (and so is eastern turkey)

Comment

its not greek you uneducated little children its not greek its not kurdish its not turksh for crying out louuuaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddd....( oh oh, and harissa is Persian oh oh no in 10 years that will be called kurdish as well!) omg they say its kurdish and turkish and you belive it? even swedish meatballs has its origin in armenia...when karl XII went to "turkey" he brought home both meatballs and dolma from the armenians in turkey.
                      Last edited by Tres Bien; 05-16-2004, 01:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X