Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Happy Birthday Ara Baliozian!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Happy Birthday Ara Baliozian!

QUESTIONS
    To hate those who have injured us: what could be
    easier?
    To love them: what could be more difficult?
    But what if both hate and lave are irrelevant and what
    matters is taking care of business by doing whatever
    it is to our advantage?

ANSWERS
    Everything I write is an answer to a specific
    question, objection, or criticism. And yet, some of my
    readers complain that I don’t answer their questions.
    I suspect what these readers want is not answers but
    attention, flattery, propaganda, and lies. To them I
    say: It’s been a pleasure disappointing you.

WINDBAGS
    The world is held together by decent, hard-working,
    anonymous blokes, and torn asunder by ambitious
    charlatans who speechify in the name of God and
    Country.

ARMENIAN SAYING
    "A man is born an angel and dies a devil.

Comment

TURKS AMONG US

"There are Armenians who occupy key positions in our organizations who are either Turks or Turkish agents," one of our elder statesmen once confided in me.

"You mean to tell me there are Armenians among us who actually work for the Turkish government?" I wanted to know.

"That’s what I said," he said.

"And they draw salaries from Ankara?"

"You said it!"

"But what kind of secrets they could be after? We have none!" I said.

"It’s not secrets they are after," he said.

"If not secrets, then what?" I asked.

"To divide the community," he said.

"To divide the community?

"To divide the community."

"No!"

"Yes!"

Paranoia, I said to myself. Obviously the man is a paranoiac. The Turks are too smart (or not stupid enough) to waste money on something they can get for nothing.

Turkish agents?

Absurd!

Carcinogenic agents?

That’s more like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
        My kind reader, one simple message that 'you' don't seem to be understanding is the simple fact that you - SUCK as a thinker/writer or whatever else you think you may be. Thus, it must be simplified further and repeated until it penetrates your thick, yet totally empty, Ottoman skull... Ara, I know you don't realize it, but you are really terrible at what you do. As I have said, you are hysterical, egotistical, ignorant, delusional, angry, hateful and self-hating. And I yet have to see anything of quality by you. The garbage you produce will disappear as soon as you do.
        Personality analysis and bad insult words are the last stage of flutter.
        Different ideas are not garbage, on the contrary they are wealth.
        Nobody has to think same.

Comment

ENFER DE MERDE

One of the easiest things in the world is to be seduced by the strength of one’s own arguments and explanations. Why should I be surprised if some of my detractors have been successful in convincing themselves that my criticism lacks validity because it is motivated by failure. It seems, I write as I do because I am a hopeless mediocrity.

If true, if, that is, I am a failure, am I not more representative of the nation? Can we as a people say that we have been successful in confronting and solving our problems?

For 600 years we were "the most loyal subjects" of the Ottoman Empire, and why? Because we failed to see its ultimately murderous intent.

At the turn of the century we were taken in by the verbal commitments of the West, and why? Because we were dupes.

We were massacred and dispersed, and why? Because we were weak, defenseless, and vulnerable.

So far we have failed to convince the world that we suffered a genocide, and why? Because we have failed to make a good case or because we have failed to see that the world doesn’t give a damn about victims, in the same way that we ourselves don’t give a damn about our own hopeless mediocrities and failures.

I ask again: What if as a failure I am more representative of the nation and more honest than those who look down at me from the heights of their imaginary success?

What if the Mount Ararat on which they fancy themselves perched on closer inspection turns out to be nothing but a dunghill in their own garbage dump of a backyard?

My final question: Am I satisfied with the validity of the above argument?

How can I be? - knowing that even if there is a single particle of truth in what I have been saying, we, all of us, including myself, swim in the same enfer de merde?

Comment

Originally posted by garod View Post
            Personality analysis and bad insult words are the last stage of flutter. Different ideas are not garbage, on the contrary they are wealth. Nobody has to think same.
            Listen to me, you are a Turk. Ara Bozoian, the senile self-hating egomaniac here, claims he understands you Turks more now that he has dealt with Armenians all his pathetic life.... Please, convince Ara to go to Istanbul with you... Trust me, you need him there, he can write his usual unending rants about Armenians in your wonderful publication called, Hurriet.
            Մեր ժողովուրդն արանց հայրենասիրութեան այն է, ինչ որ մի մարմին' առանց հոգու:

Նժդեհ

Please visit me at my Heralding the Rise of Russia blog: http://theriseofrussia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Haha, you are really so sweet, please don't lose your control and be calm.

Ok, I agree with you.Really It is better idea to invite Ara Baliozian to Istanbul.
              Maybe he can tell Armenians' faults and also Turks'.So that he can show how terrible lack of communication between two nations. I really wish to convinced and invited you too but you know we have lots of nationalists and cannot put up with any more.(Sorry, for me nationalists have not got any race and all are same).

Comment

There is more to being an armenian than proving you
                are a better armenian;
                there is more to being an armenian than how you feel
                about mt. Ararat;
                what matters more than your feelings about mt. Ararat
                is your feelings about your fellow armenians - and I
                don’t mean armenians who agree with you, or are
                members of the same party or mafia; but armenians who
                disagree with you;
                to love only armenians who agree with you,
                who, that is, echo your sentiments,
                who are in effect carbon copies of yourself - let’s
                call them ditto armenians,
                has nothing to do with love and has everything to do
                with narcissism, which happens to be a neurosis, a
                disease of the mind, a chemical inbalance in the
                brain. / ara baliozian

Comment

i keep posting things here because i have more faithful readers on this forum than anywhere else. to them i say thank you./ ara

Comment

ARE ARMENIANS SMART?

Some of them are, no doubt about that. But for every
                    smart Armenian there are probably nine fools, and it
                    is the fools who need to be reminded over and over
                    again that Armenians are smart, Armenians are just
                    about the smartest people on earth, and it takes seven
                    xxxs to fool an Armenian.
                    Unlike a fool, a really smart man does not feel the
                    need to be told he is smart; and unlike a chauvinist
                    windbag, a decent man does not pretend to be shocked