Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Happy Birthday Ara Baliozian!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Happy Birthday Ara Baliozian!

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
    Jackass, this debate is bigger than me and Ara. Don't demonize it by saying I "hate" the man and "wish death upon him". This is s blatant lie. Where the hell did you see me post such things?

Zourna, when you lie for the sake of winning an argument, you lose all credibility.

How is that for insight?
    A little harsh i guess.

you = you guys; the anti-Ara.

Originally posted by Armenian View Post
    Today, he is living alone and on welfare in Canada. Soon he will cease to exist. And once he is gone so will his life time works. The works of "writers" like him last as long as they do.

Funny you obtrude such a label upon myself. What does it read again?!

Winning an argument is the last thing that is sought after for a simpletone of my genus.
    Am just laying out my thoughts.

Originally posted by crusader1492 View Post
    It's amazing how out of control these threads become with these people. They equate criticizing as attempts to silence...some whackjobs, (like Zourna), leap even further and equate my critisizm (or "mud-slinging" ) as "wishing death" on Ara.

I don't know what else to say, except these are BS people.
    too harsh.
    Last edited by zourna; 01-31-2008, 10:09 AM.

Comment

an armenian does not hate a fellow armenian.
      never!!!!!!!!!!
      he just slings mud and keeps slinging hoping some of it will stick, eh friends?
      i live alone?
      i survive on welfare?
      did you really investigate me and my private life?
      do we know each other?
      how come you know everything there is to know about me and i know nothing about you? is it because you are afraid to crawl out of your hidden anonymous cowardly cave?
      is everything you know and understand as true as the mud you sling?
      is that armenianism or ottomanism?
      scratch an armenian and expose the turk.

Comment

Originally posted by arabaliozian View Post
        an armenian does not hate a fellow armenian.
        never!!!!!!!!!!
        he just slings mud and keeps slinging hoping some of it will stick, eh friends?
        i live alone?
        i survive on welfare?
        did you really investigate me and my private life?
        do we know each other?
        how come you know everything there is to know about me and i know nothing about you? is it because you are afraid to crawl out of your hidden anonymous cowardly cave?
        is everything you know and understand as true as the mud you sling?
        is that armenianism or ottomanism?
        Oh you poor, poor martyr.

Seriously, after all the hateful things you write about Armenians/Armenia (or "Hayvanastan", as you say), do you really expect sympathy?

C'mon Ara, you love this attention. That is why you post your name...if you don't want people to know about your personal life, then post under an alias. After all, you write for selfless reasons, right? You don't need glory, do you?

After all these years, one would think you have grown a thick skin...but, the drama-queen rant above proves otherwise.

scratch an armenian and expose the turk.
        Coming from you, that could be considered a high compliment.
        Last edited by crusader1492; 01-31-2008, 10:45 AM.

Comment

The savages I was referring to were Armenian, Crusader1492 and Virgil.

You lack decency, humanity and knowledge.

I mean Armenian doesn't think a journalist is a writer.

The three of you are not only embarrassing yourselves but you are embarrassing Armenians.

Think more, type less.

Yes, Crusader, I am incredibly proud of my father. He raised the bar for me so high, I almost can't see it to reach it. But, he gave me the ability to do so.
          Last edited by freakyfreaky; 01-31-2008, 10:27 AM.
          Between childhood, boyhood,
          adolescence
          & manhood (maturity) there
          should be sharp lines drawn w/
          Tests, deaths, feats, rites
          stories, songs & judgements

- Morrison, Jim. Wilderness, vol. 1, p. 22

Comment

Originally posted by freakyfreaky View Post
            The savages I was referring to were Armenian, Crusader1492 and Virgil.

You lack decency, humanity and knowledge.

I mean Armenian doesn't think a journalist is a writer.

The three of you are not only embarrassing yourselves but you are embarrassing Armenians.

Think more, type less.
            Judging from you anger, I am beginning to think that you are not proud of you father.
            You lash out like a child that has never been shown love.

Comment

^^^ read above Crusader.

No anger here, bro.

I think you are confusing me for your ringleader Armenian.
              Last edited by freakyfreaky; 01-31-2008, 10:31 AM.
              adolescence

Comment

^^^ read above Crusader.

No anger here, bro.

I think you are confusing me for your ringleader Armenian.
                I would never confuse you with Armenian.

Comment

You are again contradicting yourself, freaky. Personally, I really don't care about Ara's person. You are accusing some people here of throwing insults to Ara by stating their opinion while you are unable to see that what Ara, himself spreads about your people,all, in reality, insults put very eloquently ( that's probably why you cannot see it??). As a result, many many people feel insulted ( including me) by his words and want to react somehow. So, why not let those who feel really insulted use this podium of 'freedom of speech' to express themselves, if there is any???

There are -sometimes- points made by him (about our problems, charlatans, dupes, lack of support and collaboration amongst us, etc.) that I, as many may agree with, but are they seriously like some sort of "revelation" to you??
                  What's more, he is clearly trying to attribute all the vile, vicious, immoral human traits to Armenians; he is just not speaking or criticizing generally. Note that some of the issues he is obsessively whining about is typical of people, everywhere, not only Armenians; and actually, to tell you the truth, I believe that he does possess the lucidity and insight to see that and comprehends it perfectly; hence my assertion about his own 'charlatanism' , absolute lack of honesty and objectivity.

And if he is talikng about our "problems", why post it everywhere? what has it got to do with odars? I can't see any relevance.

Anyway, he can go on writing(= bashing his people) as much as he wants… But just imagine what would have happened to him, had he been a Parsik or a Turk.
                  The situation of journalists and writers in Armenia in not even comparable to her neighbouring countries.
                  Last edited by Lucin; 01-31-2008, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Ara has never insulted any of my people. Criticism, dissent, opinion, robust debate is a key component of a free society. Insults are usually far more intimate (i.e. between identified people or groups of people) than criticism. Defamatory insults are not protected speech. An immature government or individual is unable to accept criticism.

If Ara's opinions insult you or offend you, then by all means intelligently confront him. Show me an example of where his detractors have done so.
                    Mostly, what I have seen are insults hurled at him. He never insulted Armenian or Crusader (at least not initially).

Armenian appears to be a remnant of the Soviet Era. He believes tyranny should rule over democracy in Armenia.

Armenia cannot survive without the diaspora. How many fled Armenia when it was under Soviet rule to America or elsewhere? Certainly, those in the diaspora that have experienced free society after fleeing Soviet Armenia would not return nor those who have known nothing different than free society. Now, how does promoting authoritarianism in Armenia help Armenia or Armenians. Tell me.

I don't hear many persons in the Armenian community freely discussing the impact of the Soviet Era on our identity. My immediate family members didn't live in the Soviet Republic for much or any of their lives. So, this is to be applauded. He may be completely wrong in his opinion but he is right for bringing it to the table.

Some Armenian intellectuals in Armenia have agreed that in the modern era we have suffered for lack of self-reference and critique. That he is able to do it eloquently - whether or not he is wrong or right - should be embraced and encouraged amongst all of us. Its for the good our identity, our people and Hayastan.

The detractors here are unable to comprehend opinion contrary to their own belief. And, they are unable to debate intelligently.

If he speaks in broad generalizations that appeared c-ock-eyed, call him on it. Ask for details to support his premise. He'll obviously engage you eloquently. Then, you shall have your proof that Ara is a fool.

But don't belittle his accomplishments, his experience or his beliefs with petty insults that he hates himself.

And, don't hold him to standards that are not practiced by his detractors. Honesty and objectivity?

Odars have as much influence in Armenia as the common person there. Perhaps, more. And, to say that one is not Armenian unless he or she has an immediate relation (i.e. living within its borders) or less Armenian on this basis, is irresponsible. There are more Armenians outside the country than there are in the county and its equally self-hating. The motherland needs diaspora assistance from diaspora that will never likely return for long-term residence during productive years and they are being alienated. How is this beneficial to Armenia or Armenians?

Who amongst the detractors has Ara bashed unprovoked? Who? Bring him or her forth.
                    Last edited by freakyfreaky; 01-31-2008, 01:48 PM.
                    adolescence

Comment

Who amongst the detractors has Ara bashed unprovoked? Who? Bring him or her forth.
                      FreakyFreaky,

Ara called. He needs his soapbox back.
                      Bring it "forth"

Comment

Working...
                      X