Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

You can all thank Mr. Bush for saving your life.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by surferarmo How contradictory. Finding proof to disprove a point made in class is a form of question asking, and answer finding.

Anything strewn from the mouth of a philosopher is credible to you. The hallmark of a gullible person. You probably lacked someone to converse deep questions. You chose philosophy to feel better about yourself, so you can find answers to fill the the empty void. You criticise so much, yet you never offer a solution. You criticise to feel better about yourself.

Your lack of resolve has lead to your willingness to criticise others because you lack self-esteem. This is your weakness.
    Awww surferarmo, youre desperation is surfacing.

The hours you've spent being fed Statist Republican nonsense and now to have your 'beliefs' popped like bubbles by some lame internet mouse who is obsessed with "philosophy" and having a lack of self-esteem must really not be something that is digested too well.

"Anything strewn from the mouth of a philosopher is credible to you. "

Really? And what do you base this assumption on? You are moving upon evidence are you not? Or is this simply something stated because you feel you are left with nothing to rebut in our discussion regarding Iraq since, well, you didn't do youre history homework before participating in this discussion.

Strange that you put me out as someone who "doesn't question" what I absorb, yet all my time here and my discussions with you have been precisely that, to try to get you to question the knowledge you reside by. Now where did you find evidence that I am 'choosing philosophy' whatever that means. Actually I would think that I am 'choosing history', but that is beside the point, I am just critically thinking, something that philosophy is an interesting for, one that I love to delve into and of course it enhances youre logic.

Nevermind what one 'chooses' the point here is to question what we traditionally hold as immutable 'beliefs' in the ideological prisons known as minds. You don't seem to comfortable with it, since I admit it is a big step to try to question what makes you, you. Our minds are precious tools and pivotal to our sense of 'being' and who we are. The ideologies and beliefs we hold are central to who we are since that is how we perceive the real world, and the problems and the solutions to it. In that sense we are all subjective, we all perceive the world through the ideological prisons of our minds and we see the problems and we all know a solution to it, yet to bring yourself to question your version of the world, is of course a big step, it's the equivalent of being unplugged from the Matrix.

It is no wonder that Socrates was killed since he exposed the fallacy of the unthinking masses. It is no wonder that Plato and Aristotle have gone so far as to state that in order to find the 'truth' one must first repeal all the beliefs and opinions and knowledge one holds dear, and to constantly question everything, until you die.

Of course one can see how you may not know this, nor any other statist, since Statists, nor the blind gullible lemmings that follow Statists and their political systems, because it is not in their nature to look at the world from a historical, philosophical, or cultural point of view, but only from a political one. The only thing that concerns statists is their next election and their politics and their opinion polls of what the majority of the herd believes.

I may lack self-esteem, but I am all to ready to admit my flaws, my lack of confidence, my lack of self-esteem, and other frailties, but that is what makes me human, the ability to spot these flaws within me, since I can't be perfect like you surfer, oh you indestructable Republicanator. You on the other hand, believe that you are immune from being brainwashed and that you alone possess the answers to everything ( that's something you and patlajoke have accused me of, although I can't say I have the answers to everything, but rather the questions to everything ). I never claimed to posses 'truth' or 'wisdom' or 'solutions'. I merely uncloack the veil we live in. Now the fact that your statement is soaking in arrogance and over-confidence, doesn't deter you from going further and stating that it is I who lack something, but not you.

Yea I used to believe the world was a morally unambiguous conflict of good and evil, much like the early Christian sect of Manicheism (sp?). After studying history and the works of many great thinkers, be they historian or philosopher, I have come to see the world as much more of a complex place, one far more complex than the world we were taught in our school 'history' or 'civics' class. To be able to expose youre 'beliefs' to the rules of logic and scrutiny, is to go a step beyond the mere lemming, beyond the mere unthinking 'voter', beyond having 'political efficacy', beyond being versed wel on the happenings of current events.

What do you have to say about my response to you regarding the Iraq discussion?
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by surferarmo
      You chose philosophy to feel better about yourself, so you can find answers to fill the the empty void. You criticise so much, yet you never offer a solution. You criticise to feel better about yourself.

Your lack of resolve has lead to your willingness to criticise others because you lack self-esteem. This is your weakness.
      Amen...
      those words are so powerful and true (specially the part about "never offering solutions"), that i'm actually degrading myself to agree with surfer!

Comment

Originally posted by jahannam Amen...
        those words are so powerful and true (specially the part about "never offering solutions"), that i'm actually degrading myself to agree with surfer!
        Oh shut up, you haven't even been a part of this discussion to know its happenings.

I don't claim to know all the solutions, unlike Mr. politics ( surferarmo ). All politicians claim to have solutions and answers.

Yet what have political systems done to us as a humanity? In the 20th century alone they have killed 20million people. We moved from a feudal age of no political systems, into an age of political systems and total war, and what benefit have people gotten from this so called "democracy"?

All I can tell you is the present system isn't working and is harming humanity as a whole, by destroying the individual. There is a solution, and that is to do away with the established State, as it is an artificial order. The study of economics, particularly the Austrian school of economics, shows great insight into how one can build an alternative system to the current mass minded destructive system.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
        X