Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What profession would you choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anileve Tigranchik, I like this better, being a President means dealing with corruption and exercising your power upon other individuals.

Arvestaked, that is the whole point, think in terms of Money Machine. Being a painter and exuding creativity and beauty is sometimes better than financial gain, it brings that spiritual fulfillment that no amount of money can buy.
    Well, that's kind of unfair. Maybe not everyone wants to be a singer or a painter. My profession would be Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia. Or am I not allowed to choose that?

Comment

Originally posted by anileve You can star in Chicago, which is the only Broadway show I like. Otherwise, think in terms of Michelle Pfeiffer in “The Baker Boys”. Dimmed, candle lit club, a huge black piano on stage and you sitting on top of it in a glamorous, glittery black dress with a high slit exposing one of your thighs and singing sultry Blues.
      I LOVED CHICAGO! THE MUSIC WAS AWESOME, AND CATHERINE-ZETA JONES (although I'd say she has no acting/performing abilities in any other movie) WAS HOT IN THIS ONE!

I didn't see it on stage though, but rather in a movie theater.

I miss my high school performing days . We did "Guys and Dolls"...*teardrop runs down cheek*....and some other ones that don't come to mind right away. And don't laugh, but I was Mabel in the operetta "Pirates of Penzance".

Comment

Yes Baron jan I will definately appoint you as I have promised before and you can walk to work every morning like Mr Oskanian.

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian Yes Baron jan I will definately appoint you as I have promised before and you can walk to work every morning like Mr Oskanian.
          lol, damn straight. An appartment on Abovian or Amirian, and my office in the Republic Square is all I ask for to live the life of my dreams. Maybe a Lada Niva when I go to Gyumri, Stepanakert, or Vanadzor, but nothing else. I'd even buy the Niva myself.

Comment

Originally posted by anileve That wouldn’t work, because that would bring you a huge financial gain, chose something else Tigranchik.
            President of Armenia ? Huge financial gain? Good one. If anything it would be him sacrificing his sanity.

Comment

Wow Flames, most impressive, you are on your way to stardom!

The most incredible opera I have seen was Carmen, the music just sends you into rapture. Nothing like Bizet’s music! Do you have Operas in LA?
              Last edited by anileve; 12-07-2003, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian I naturally wouldnt take any money. Or if I had to I would put the money into the Tigran Jamharian Fund for Needy Armenians and each penny would be spent on helping common people with requests that they would bring to me.
                You cannot be a noble leader without being corrupt, otherwise you will be assassinated/killed by those special interests which you pissed off by being an honest president.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants lol, damn straight. An appartment on Abovian or Amirian, and my office in the Republic Square is all I ask for to live the life of my dreams. Maybe a Lada Niva when I go to Gyumri, Stepanakert, or Vanadzor, but nothing else. I'd even buy the Niva myself.
                  Actually, I'd prefer an appartment on Abovian. The ones on Amirian don't have the same charm...I like the buildings on Mashdots too, I could ride a Marshutka to work!

Also, I'd also have to be the Minister responsible of arresting corrupt officials, but then I'd need a bulletproof Niva.

Comment

Actually Badrjan, the president of Armenia receives $125,000 a year compared to $100 a month for a regular citizen. And you are forgetting all the money they get on a side, through corrupt business transactions. So the President in Armenia is the richest man there.

Baronchik, I used to live on Abovian Poghots. Think of another profession if this one doesn’t work out.

Comment

Anon you are right but that is why a president must consolidate his power before he embarks on reforms.

And yes Baron you are right. May I propose a nice punishment for corrupt officials: force feed them 10 dram notes until they give their word that they will never steal again? and may i suggest a bulletproof zhiguli in place of the niva.

Comment

Working...
                      X