Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

What is "Christmas?" What does it mean?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is "Christmas?" What does it mean?

Speaking of Xmas, what are your plans?
    I see...

Originally posted by SagGal Speaking of Xmas, what are your plans?
    Christmas? Who said anything about Christmas? I'm sorry I don't celebrate it. I celebrate Tampon Day. HAPPY TAMPON DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Achkerov kute.

Comment

Did I learn anything from this thread? I learned how to do fractions. Wait...that was third grade. Nope, didn't learn anything.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse The "date" for "Xmas" is at best a guess and wrong. The "Xmas tree" is a pagan symbol. There are many saviors prior to "Christ" born on Dec "25". Santa is a consumer symbol, not a Christian symbol.

I think the myth of Xmas has been shattered.

"Christianity" takes on many myths legends and icons of previous pagan religions and call it its own. Anyone who is familiar with the diverse pagan religions and cultures of antiquity surely understands this, as your article pointed out. One can argue that Jesus is like Mithra in many ways.

Now what pisses me off more is gift giving. I don't want anything, nor should I have to feel obligated to get you anything. Thank you.
        Did you read anything at all clearly? I said that thank you for stating the obvious. The exact date of Christ s birth IS NOT PINPOINTED ANYWHERE. Yes, it is all based upon pagan myth or better yet it is all derived from there. Buddha is similar to Jesus as well. Point? Does not matter. The truth is what these people do not know is that what they are celebrating really is a DUTCH and earlier Mesopotamian myth.

Comment

Originally posted by Nimrod Did you read anything at all clearly? I said that thank you for stating the obvious. The exact date of Christ s birth IS NOT PINPOINTED ANYWHERE. Yes, it is all based upon pagan myth or better yet it is all derived from there. Buddha is similar to Jesus as well. Point? Does not matter. The truth is what these people do not know is that what they are celebrating really is a DUTCH and earlier Mesopotamian myth.
          I'm of the persuasion that all "myths" have some truth to it, in time immemorial, such as the serpent cult.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Actually it is not related to Christmas but i wanted to share with you anyway...

After reading a book called For The Love of Philae i was convinced that even paganism can be a righteous religion if the faith is strong...

I strongly encourage all of you to read the book. The book is about how do people feel when their land is invaded and they are forced to convert to another religion and a struggle to keep the faith. It's amazing.

Synopsis
            The story of the island priestess Isis who withstood Christianity and preserved the ancient mysteries It's the 6th century A.D. and Christianity has been imposed throughout Egypt. On the holy island of Philae, off the southern coast, the last community faithful to the old ways struggles against the invader and continues in active worship in its temple. Isis, leader of the community, is determined that their ideals will not die out. She embarks upon an unequal struggle against the all-powerful bishop Theodore to preserve the ancient mysteries. With the help of Sabni, who is bound to her by an everlasting love, Isis succeeds in restoring confidence to the followers. However, from north to south, dangers rise up to threaten the temple's existence. For the love of Philae, the fate of a thousand-year-old faith is at stake.

Comment

How can u not celebrate Christmas? It's the most beautiful time of the year, when people put aside all their petty family differences, and get together for a special celebration of the birth of Christ. I do believe it has strayed away from its purpose a little because of the commercialization of this, as well as all holidays, but the people who DO celebrate with a pure heart, they are the true believers.

Comment

Originally posted by Arvestaked The birth of a fantastical turd is nothing to be celebrated. I hate gift-giving; I do not want them and I do not buy them.
                You know, aside from my best friend, you're the only one who agrees with me on this.

I feel validated. Cheers.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Arvestaked The birth of a fantastical turd is nothing to be celebrated. I hate gift-giving; I do not want them and I do not buy them. And for many christmases, we set aside our family differences and spent 4 hours together quitely hating eachother and not apprectiating the stupid gifts that were given. It is not a beautiful season; it is disgusting. It is not just commercialized: it is a feelinng that has been preyed upon by corporations and as been raped, ripped and twisted it to a meaningless celebration of the stupidities of man. The only thing good about it is that it takes me less time to go to work because everyone is at home being warm and fuzzy in the metaphorical dumbass blanket.

I think I am going to make a nativity scene. That will be fun.

I like Easter better. It is the most surreal Holiday: death, rising dead halucinations, eggs, rabbits. Celebrating the death of a fantastical turd is more to my liking.
                  U know, it's one thing to talks xxxx about differences in political views, or merely talk xxxx to eachother...but it's another to call Jesus a "fantastical turd". R u serious? I mean how much of a lost soul are u that u have to say that? U just offended me more with that statement than ANYONE has every done > EVER! I know this forum is all fun and games, but there must be a line drawn somewhere....that's just NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT right.. Jesus Christ brings comfort and joy to many many people (including myself). Think what u want about him, u don't even have to believe that he exists, but DON'T resort to dragging his name through the mud like u did. I mean, what are u thinking? I'm so sick of u synical, negative people, bringing the rest of us down. Let us believe what we want! Why do u care so much about what I believe?

Comment

I agree. Some people like to talk to create a breeze.

Comment

Working...
                    X