Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Act like a peon and be treated like a peon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Act like a peon and be treated like a peon.

This is something I have noticed a lot of lately namely if you act like you are under someone in a hierarchy, a peon, an underling, that is how you will be treated. The human psyche is not hard to figure out at times like this, when you instinctively feel that someone "thinks" they are inferior to you, that is how you will treat them, you will speak down to them and this will force their own beliefs into fruition like a vicious self fulfilling profecy. They think they are inferior to you = they ARE inferior to you.

This is partially a confidence issue, and partially an upbringing issue, the old school mentality of respecting one's elder's is in my opinion bullxxxx. My thinking is, so what if you are xxxxing old? What have you done for me lately? If you want my respect, you earn it just like everyone else, don't wave your age around like a cleaver cause I'll slap it out of your hand and spit on it, and give you an atomic wedgie with your constinance pad. It might have worked in days gone by, but in this day an age of cuthroat competition especially in the world of work, behaving and eventually being inferior is detrimental to both one's health and career.you will be walked over by any and everyone who does not harbor this same mentality.

Leave the "Yes sir, no sir, feel free to stick your xxxx in my mouth sir" in the past and know what you want and have the balls to move forward with this mentality, be assertive, treat people as equals no matter what they drive, no matter what they own, no matter who they xxxx, no matter what food they eat and you will be a much happier and much more successful person.
    Achkerov kute.

Yes but what about the backlash to someone who is perceived as superior or acts like it. Then the person that is full of themselves is disliked the same way the person that has no self confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan Yes but what about the backlash to someone who is perceived as superior or acts like it. Then the person that is full of themselves is disliked the same way the person that has no self confidence.
      Indeed, so best keep a happy medium, don't sway too far into a superiority complex, yet maintain your stance and don't give in as inferior either.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Very good point. I've actually been noticing this a lot lately as well.

I've tested it out too.

If a person, is not very confident in him/herself, even if others don't know this person, and they meet this person for the very first time, and the person's body language exudes even the least bit of discomfort, and lack of self-confidence, the other will notice, may it be consciously/unconsciously, and act accordingly, treating that person in a different manor. Like you said- If that person thinks they are inferior, he/she will be treated as inferior.

Though I thinkThis is often done unconsciously.

If a person senses a weakness in another, they will always use it to their advantage.

excuse my run-on sentence,

Comment

I don't want to repeat what has already been said, but I agree with it very much.

I have also noticed, from the people that I have encountered throughout my life, that the nicer you are to them, the more they think that they can push you around. Even if you are the most confident person...if you show excessive kindness to someone outside of your family, sooner or later, they are going to do something that is going to disappoint and offend you. I simply cannot understand this reaction. If I treat someone well, I except for him/her to do the same. Baic shat jamanak, hakarakne katarvum...lekestvum en. They get spoiled by this kindness, which makes no sense to me. Has this happened to anyone else?

Or is kindness another form of inferiority?
          Last edited by sSsflamesSs; 01-07-2004, 01:58 AM.

Comment

you're right flames.

Some people do take advantage of kindness, and those are usually the least confident ones, who are trying to do to others what has been done to them. They see the kind ones as "easiest targets" I guess.

Comment

Working...
            X