Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

A Life Complete or Death & Answers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the prize is not at the end, it is the journey the road itself.

when everyone gets to the end they wish they were still walking because they realized thats what it was about.

There could be no end becasue no matter how many of us comes to the end of our own road, that doesn't mean the road finishes.

Damn let me write this xxxx down before i forget what i said

Comment

The first road is for suicidals! who dont have any interest in life and they dont have the burning desire to live and to discover things by themselves.
      The second road is for the ones who have "life" inside their souls, they want to live and to manage things. The second road provides interest, desire, goals, life itself.
      A smart person would choose the second, i would care less to have the answers of everything. I would try to search for the answers of the questions would concern my life. And I think that what life is. Each person has different questions and wants to find those answers during his/her life. But life is not only A/Qs but
      it's also a battle. We fight all our lives to accomplish something
      and thats what makes life AMAZING. INTERESTING.FULL of mystery
      and continuous surprises,including goods and bads rogether.

I would definitely choose the second road...

Comment

HEY which road has a liquor store on it, i'm out of booze.

Comment

Monster, if you took the first road, you would end up in hell and play blackjack with Satan, and this cool dawg!

Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by fIReBuRntInHeLL The first road is for suicidals! who dont have any interest in life and they dont have the burning desire to live and to discover things by themselves.
            The second road is for the ones who have "life" inside their souls, they want to live and to manage things. The second road provides interest, desire, goals, life itself.
            A smart person would choose the second, i would care less to have the answers of everything. I would try to search for the answers of the questions would concern my life. And I think that what life is. Each person has different questions and wants to find those answers during his/her life. But life is not only A/Qs but
            it's also a battle. We fight all our lives to accomplish something
            and thats what makes life AMAZING. INTERESTING.FULL of mystery
            and continuous surprises,including goods and bads rogether.

I would definitely choose the second road...
            'When I become death, death is the seed from which I grow'

-William Burroughs
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Life Complete or Death & Answers

Originally posted by Mousy Isn't that the point of the thread? DUH!
              The point of this thread is to choose either ultimate knowledge, or the ultimate life. As I said, ultimate knowledge is not likely to do you any good, given that you will be dead. You can speak all you want of higher dimensions, but that just shows your lack of knowledge of multidimensional space. Dimensions five through eleven are not higher dimensions, they are lower dimensions, hidden from macroscopic impact because they are so miniscule. Moving into them will still not make your knowledge useful.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Life Complete or Death & Answers

Originally posted by loseyourname The point of this thread is to choose either ultimate knowledge, or the ultimate life. As I said, ultimate knowledge is not likely to do you any good, given that you will be dead. You can speak all you want of higher dimensions, but that just shows your lack of knowledge of multidimensional space. Dimensions five through eleven are not higher dimensions, they are lower dimensions, hidden from macroscopic impact because they are so miniscule. Moving into them will still not make your knowledge useful.
                That's your opinion bub. I've stated mine. In my version it does do me good since I believe in life after death, not a material one though. You don't, so your argument is useless for me. By the way, I never said which dimension, I simply stated dimension, either a higher or lower dimension.

"they are lower dimensions, hidden from macroscopic impact because they are so miniscule"

What's that but an "expert" assumption? Hehe.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Life Complete or Death & Answers

Originally posted by Anonymouse That's your opinion bub. I've stated mine. In my version it does do me good since I believe in life after death, not a material one though. You don't, so your argument is useless for me. By the way, I never said which dimension, I simply stated dimension, either a higher or lower dimension.

"they are lower dimensions, hidden from macroscopic impact because they are so miniscule"

What's that but an "expert" assumption? Hehe.
                  If I had a working knowledge of the mathematics of Calabi-Yau spaces, I could demonstrate it for you. What can you give me? My science and my math can provide a detailed account of its epistemic principles. Please explain to me how knowledge can come about by faith.

By the way, if your afterlife is immaterial, how will you have any knowledge? As knowledge is known to be material in nature, how will it pass on? The best that a spirit could be is an awareness, not even a consciousness per se, as consciousness is probably only a brain state. What would this awareness be of? Have you ever even considered this?

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Life Complete or Death & Answers

Originally posted by loseyourname If I had a working knowledge of the mathematics of Calabi-Yau spaces, I could demonstrate it for you. What can you give me? My science and my math can provide a detailed account of its epistemic principles. Please explain to me how knowledge can come about by faith.

By the way, if your afterlife is immaterial, how will you have any knowledge? As knowledge is known to be material in nature, how will it pass on? The best that a spirit could be is an awareness, not even a consciousness per se, as consciousness is probably only a brain state. What would this awareness be of? Have you ever even considered this?
                    Now you have finally tapped into something, spiritual awareness. We only assume that knowledge is of the material world since we don't know what lies beyond. I do believe in another life after death, for the ancient sages knew something when looking at the stars.

I turn to you, . . I poke you in the arm with my finger and I ask, "Is this your body?" You answer, "Yes." I then ask, "Well,.... if that's your body, WHAT are you?" The answer of course is something not of the physical, a spiritual being.

John and Troy were a couple good friends. They had been friends their entire lives.

One day they were walking down their neighborhood street. Troy was carrying his radio in his hand. They both walked to the end of their street, looked both ways for traffic,... and crossed another.

After crossing the other street, they entered a wooded area. Troy tripped over a rock and dropped his radio on the ground and it broke. His friend John said, "God you're stupid. Don't you watch where you're steppin'?" Troy looked up at him in disgust as he was brushing himself off because he knew his radio was destroyed.

Later on after walking about a mile,... Troy turned to John and asked, "Why did you call me 'God' back there?" John said, "huh?" Troy then said, "After I tripped over that rock, you called me 'God'. " John said, "Oh,.. I dunno. It's just one of those things people say I guess."
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Life Complete or Death & Answers

Originally posted by Anonymouse Now you have finally tapped into something, spiritual awareness. We only assume that knowledge is of the material world since we don't know what lies beyond. I do believe in another life after death, for the ancient sages knew something when looking at the stars.
                      We don't assume that knowledge is of the material world. Give me the proper machinery and I can show exactly where in your brain your knowledge is located. Furthermore, most of your knowledge and your awareness is of material objects. If your soul exists, and it is indeed an individualized awareness of your mental states, then without a brain and without sensory capabilities, I would like to know what the awareness would then be of. I ask this quite seriously. I am assuming for the sake of argument that the soul exists, as does some form of afterlife. Now let us speculate on what that form may be.

Comment

Working...
                      X