Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Religion and Atheism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Religion and Atheism

Originally posted by Sip View Post
    Thank you. Seems that many of those can occur whether or not you believe in God or not. So I will ask again ... How about retarded kids that are born from God loving, non-drug addicted parents? And of course I will ask again what this has to do with the real discussion about homosexuality being a sin .. you still didn't answer that.
    Sins are regarded as anything that's seen as destructive behaviour. I think you can connect the dots from there.
    "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by HayotzAmrotz View Post
      I don't believe that there is such thing as born gay.
      What specifically do you base the belief on?

People become gay by choice influenced by an experience. And the sky is the limit for the variety of experiences that influence such a choice, it could be a traumatic past such as child molestation, it could be failure(s) with the opposite sex, or it could be just the simple, human curiosity. But being born gay is biologically and scientifically impossible because Nature programs sexes accordingly and always the same way, if the Nature (or call it God, if you like) decides to program someone differently than in that case that particular individual will be born as a hermaphrodite.
      This would be a fine belief if humans were the only species that had homosexuals as well as males and females. But there are many other high level mammals where we have many documented cases of homosexuality: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...exual_behavior

Do you "believe" that those animals are also influenced after birth to be gay or is there perhaps biology at play there but not in humans?
      this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
        Sins are regarded as anything that's seen as destructive behaviour. I think you can connect the dots from there.
        Yes I certainly can connect the dots. Declaring homosexuality a sin is a very destructive behavior towards the gays so I definitely see how it is a sin to say homosexuality is a sin
        this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by yerazhishda View Post
          As he passed by, he saw a man blind from his birth. 2 And his disciples asked him, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" 3 Jesus answered, "It was not that this man sinned, or his parents, but that the works of God might be made manifest in him.

John 9:1-3

Your question goes into the field of theodicy - i.e. the study of the question: if God, why evil.
          I think that topic needs a recap The discussion was about homosexuality being a sin. Kanadahye for some reason started talking about retarded kids and how they are a result of drug addicted parents. So I then asked that question to see what he was trying to say (I still don't understand what he was trying to say). I certainly didn't want to imply that God makes kids retarded. I definitely don't think God makes any of these decisions (yes I also don't think God makes some kids crippled to make them bear the cross or understand him more deeply etc).
          this post = teh win.

Comment

I think that topic needs a recap The discussion was about homosexuality being a sin. Kanadahye for some reason started talking about retarded kids and how they are a result of drug addicted parents. So I then asked that question to see what he was trying to say (I still don't understand what he was trying to say). I certainly didn't want to imply that God makes kids retarded. I definitely don't think God makes any of these decisions (yes I also don't think God makes some kids crippled to make them bear the cross or understand him more deeply etc).
            Ever see a handicapped person work their a$$ off putting perfectly healthy people to shame? Don't others get inspiration from these people anymore or are they satisfied with being lazy? A handicapped person doesn't feel sorry for him/herself, it's other people that do. What I was implying is that it's not black and white... there are instances where anomalies might occur regardless of how healthy of a lifestyle people live. I was insinuating that increasing risky behaviour in addition to the hormones/chemicals surrounding our environment throws off the scales.
            "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Yes I am often very touched and inspired by those select few disabled people that work their ass off and really do well. So I am glad we settled that question regarding religion and atheism.
              this post = teh win.

Comment

This would be a fine belief if humans were the only species that had homosexuals as well as males and females. But there are many other high level mammals where we have many documented cases of homosexuality: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...exual_behavior

Do you "believe" that those animals are also influenced after birth to be gay or is there perhaps biology at play there but not in humans?
                Humans are the only mammals that can think, which means that they are the only ones that can make an informed decision, a conscious choice. No other mammal can do that, so the homosexual mammals you are referring to in the wiki link act on pure instincts, absolutely mindlessly and without any thought processes whatsoever! So, the answer to your question is “yes” these animals are also influenced after birth to be gay, they are influenced by their lack of mind while humans are influenced by the fact of having a mind.

Comment

That's like comparing limes to pineapples. Like I said, there are gays everywhere and it is in fact biological.
                  So you're saying that there is a "gay" gene?

Comment

Originally posted by HayotzAmrotz View Post
                    Humans are the only mammals that can think, which means that they are the only ones that can make an informed decision, a conscious choice. No other mammal can do that, so the homosexual mammals you are referring to in the wiki link act on pure instincts, absolutely mindlessly and without any thought processes whatsoever! So, the answer to your question is “yes” these animals are also influenced after birth to be gay, they are influenced by their lack of mind while humans are influenced by the fact of having a mind.
                    This would all be fine and dandy if we could establish that it is in fact a choice among human beings. This is the assumption on which your argument rests. But again, as Sip has said already, this is a big departure from the topic. Perhaps we should turn back to it.
                    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
                      This would all be fine and dandy if we could establish that it is in fact a choice among human beings. This is the assumption on which your argument rests. But again, as Sip has said already, this is a big departure from the topic. Perhaps we should turn back to it.
                      Are you claiming that people are "forced" to engage in perverted acts by some uncontrollable force?

Comment

Working...
                      X