Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Feedback and suggestions for upcoming Hyeclub awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback and suggestions for upcoming Hyeclub awards

Dear HyeClub members, it is that time of the year again where we present our annual HyeClub awards to our members. Last year's event was a big success and we would like to uphold this tradition. The moderating team would like some feedback/suggestions on what categories you would like to see added or removed for this year's event. Below is the current list of categories that we will be handing out awards for. Feel free to make suggestions on how to improve this if you think it needs improvement.

The feedback and suggesting phase of the awards will last until December 28, 2009 after which the voting process will begin. Keep an eye out for details on how the voting works in the next few days. Thanks!

best poster

most popular poster

best thread

funniest poster

most underrated poster

most patriotic poster

most intelligent poster

least intelligent poster

best avatar

worst avatar

best new poster

most controversial poster

most random poster

poster you most want to hang out with

best thread creator

best username

worst username

future of hyeclub
    Azerbaboon: 9.000 Google hits and counting!

Re: Feedback and suggestions for upcoming Hyeclub awards

I can think of some possibilities... Anyone like any of these?

Worst Grammar and Spelling?

Most Inflated Post Count

Most Thoughtful Poster

Most Suspected of Being a Bot

Most Helpful

Most volatile or Loose Canon

Most even-tempered or Cool Cucumber
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
      I can think of some possibilities... Anyone like any of these?

Worst Grammar and Spelling?

Most Inflated Post Count

Most Thoughtful Poster

Most Suspected of Being a Bot

Most Helpful

Most volatile or Loose Canon

Most even-tempered or Cool Cucumber
      I can think of nominees for all Good! I like all of them.

Comment

Sunshine Award - most happy, enthusiastic, etc.

Nerdiest - whether book or techy type nerd, not sure we need to differentiate nerd for more academic/general knowledge and geek for more tech or hobby related, but open to this if there's support for doing so.
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

I'll try to address some of the categories that I have questions or concerns about.

best poster/best new poster/best thread

My concern here is what does "best" mean in these categories, and how would they be judged? Seems pretty vague.

most popular poster

Again, how do we access this? Wouldn't that be dependent on a vote from the entire active forum?

most underrated poster

Underrated in what sense? What is the benchmark, or barometer we measure this by?

best avatar/worst avatar

Most people change their avatars several times throughout the course of a year, so would this really work?

I'd eliminate these types of really vague, open categories, or at the very least, try to rename them into something more specific.

Comment

Best Avatar - James Cameron, as a joke.

I should receive a Lifetime Achievement Award or some sort of Honorary Award for creating the awards to begin with, and then another Honorary Award for stepping aside and letting someone else take over. Or, you know, I'll take what's available.

Comment

Comment

Hey Crim, thanks for the questions!
                Originally posted by Crimson Glow View Post
                I'll try to address some of the categories that I have questions or concerns about.

best poster/best new poster/best thread
                My concern here is what does "best" mean in these categories, and how would they be judged? Seems pretty vague.
                It is your own opinion on who you think contributes the most usefully to the forum or say has the most interesting posts. Just in general, someone whose posts you really enjoy reading.
                most popular poster

Again, how do we access this? Wouldn't that be dependent on a vote from the entire active forum?
                I see your point but we could base this on observation, as in who do you think is the most popular poster, a poster that you have observed is well-liked by almost everyone.
                most underrated poster

Underrated in what sense? What is the benchmark, or barometer we measure this by?
                You set it. Who do you feel deserves a lot more credit or more mention than they get on this forum?
                best avatar/worst avatar

Most people change their avatars several times throughout the course of a year, so would this really work?
                Sure, good you mention this. We could specify that all nominations are those of the avatars used at the time of the voting process. If people wanna revert back to a specific avatar they have used, by all means they should do it ASAP before the vote.

Comment

This isn't the Ankap thread, Crimson. Stop hating on my numerous wins pre-award show.

Comment

We need to start voting... No more suggestions/questions/etc?

Comment

Working...
                    X