Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Gun Control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gun Control

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
    Actually that logic is not so poor at all. China did exactly that and look at what happened to their population. I myself like guns and own a few nice ones but that logic of taking away everyones guns will actually bring down homicide rates- there is no question that it will.
    dasdasdas
    For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
    to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Re: Gun Control

Tax, insurance, social security, retirment plan, medical benefits, all gone......no reaction.

Try to take the guns away from Americans and I bet you they will revolt. Sometimes I think this is the key to that "wake up" Americans to take more control and make sure that the government is working in the interest of the people and upholds the constitution.
    B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Gun Control

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
      Actually that logic is not so poor at all. China did exactly that and look at what happened to their population. I myself like guns and own a few nice ones but that logic of taking away everyones guns will actually bring down homicide rates- there is no question that it will.
      Here is a bit of gun control history to show how that is not the case.

In 1929, the Soviet Union established gun control. From 1929 to 1953, about 20 million dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

------------------------------
      In 1911, Turkey established gun control. From 1915 to 1922, 1.5 million Armenians, and over half a million Pontic Greeks and Assyrians unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.

---------------------------
      Germany established gun control in 1938 and from 1939 to 1945, a total of 13 million joos, gays, freemasons, political dissidents, romas, pows, etc who were unable to defend themselves were rounded up and exterminated
      China established gun control in 1935. From 1948 to 1952, 20 million political dissidents, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
      ----------------------------
      Guatemala established gun control in 1964. From 1964 to 1981, 100,000 Mayan Indians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
      Uganda established gun control in 1970. From 1971 to 1979, 300,000 Christians, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
      -----------------------------
      Cambodia established gun control in 1956. From 1975 to 1977, one million ' educated ' people, unable to defend themselves, were rounded up and exterminated.
      -----------------------------
      Defenseless people rounded up and exterminated in the 20th Century because of gun control: over 56 million.
      It has now been 2 years since gun owners in Australia were forced by new law to surrender 640,381 personal firearms to be destroyed by their own government, a program costing Australia taxpayers more than $500 million dollars. The first year results were:

Australia-wide, homicides are up 3.2 percent

Australia-wide, assaults are up 8.6 percent

Australia-wide, armed robberies are up 44 percent (yes, 44 percent)!

In the state of Victoria alone, homicides with firearms are now up 300 percent. Note that while the law-abiding citizens turned them in, the criminals did not, and criminals still possess their guns!

It will never happen here? I bet the Aussies said that too!

While figures over the previous 25 years showed a steady decrease in armed robbery with firearms, this has changed drastically upward in the past 12 months, since criminals now are guaranteed that their prey is unarmed.

There has also been a dramatic increase in break-ins and assaults of the ELDERLY. Australian politicians are at a loss to explain how public safety has decreased, after such monumental effort and expense was expended in successfully ridding Australian society of guns.. The Australian experience and the other historical facts above prove it.

Guns in the hands of honest citizens save lives and property and, yes, gun-control laws adversely affect only the law-abiding citizens.

The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind him of this history lesson.

With Guns...........We Are 'Citizens'.
      Without Them.........We Are 'Subjects'.

During W.W.II the Japanese decided not to invade America, partly because they knew most Americans were ARMED!

Note: Admiral Yamamoto who crafted the attack on Pearl Harbor had attended Harvard University 1919-1921 & was Naval Attachi to the U.S. 1925-28. Most of our Navy was destroyed at Pearl Harbor & our Army had been deprived of funding & was ill prepared to defend the country.

It was reported that when asked why Japan did not follow up the Pearl Harbor attack with an invasion of the U.S. Mainland, his reply was that he had lived in the U.S. & knew that almost all households had guns.

This is from an e-mail a friend of mine sent. So those who live in NZ or Australia please provide some info about how this has affected the people, good and bad.
      For the first time in more than 600 years, Armenia is free and independent, and we are therefore obligated
      to place our national interests ahead of our personal gains or aspirations.

http://www.armenianhighland.com/main.html

Comment

China banned weapons way before any of this. This weapons ban is what lead to the development of martial arts there. Like i said earlier, i like guns , i have them, use them, love them....The truth is that guns make killing pretty easy and they give this power to anyone who can pull a trigger. I myself was almost shot by a bunch of dumb kids who had never handles weapons before and their stupid dads armed them to the teeth and sent them into the forest to hunt never giving them instructions or anything. This sort of crap wont happen as much if weapons are not available. Sure weapons will be available to those who want them bad enopugh but making this hard will deter many from acuiring them. I am not in favor of a gun ban myself but i have no dought it would eventualy save lives.
        Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Armanen is completely right with what he's saying. Not only has gun control killed millions of people in the past century, but allowing citizens to carry guns has prevented countless crimes, which never gets reported.

This is a great piece which summarizes the facts and the logic of this issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyoLu...eature=related

Pay attention to every sentence in that video. The facts speak for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmSurvival View Post
            Armanen is completely right with what he's saying. Not only has gun control killed millions of people in the past century, but allowing citizens to carry guns has prevented countless crimes, which never gets reported.

This is a great piece which summarizes the facts and the logic of this issue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyoLu...eature=related

Pay attention to every sentence in that video. The facts speak for themselves.
            Actually in the ending of it it gave good reasons for banning guns to. I guess you missed that part. The examples given in this and other videos talk about local laws which have no chance in making a difference but a federal ban and enforcment will make a huge difference. In the examples given, you can simply drive over to the next town and buy a gun to comit the crime vs if the whole country is free of guns then...I think you get the point. Again i want to reittirate i love guns myself and am a pretty good marksman who enjoys shooting and hunting sports and i sure would not like to part with my weapons but i do believe a national gun ban could save a considerable number of lives. Is this worth banning gunns? Thats a good question and i am not sure the answer is a simple one.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Guns were banned in Australia more than 12 years ago, I know because I used to live there for a while. However the statistics for increased crimes are very true in Australia. They even have a law that if someone breaks into your house you are suppose to run, not defend or you will get in trouble. Whaaaat??

When I moved there I was shocked to find out how they gathered up all firearms from the people and burned them. It was so bad that Aussies were scared to hide guns. A friend that moved into a new house found the old owners classic shotgun in the garage and didn’t know what to do with it or even how to handle it. I volunteered to help out the old chap and offered to take the hot item away from him out of the goodness of my heart.
              It was an Adolf Frank Italian double barrel shotgun with the trigger mechanism damaged by the original owner on purpose so it won’t fire and in bad shape all over. STUPID

On my next trip to US (I used to go back and forth a lot) I got the trigger mechanism parts I needed and grabbed 50 rounds of ammo and brought is back to Australia (this is before 911). Fixed the firing mechanism, cut the barrels down to the forward grip and cut the stock into a pistol grip. Worked great.
              B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Eddo211 View Post
                Guns were banned in Australia more than 12 years ago, I know because I used to live there for a while. However the statistics for increased crimes are very true in Australia. They even have a law that if someone breaks into your house you are suppose to run, not defend or you will get in trouble. Whaaaat??

When I moved there I was shocked to find out how they gathered up all firearms from the people and burned them. It was so bad that Aussies were scared to hide guns. A friend that moved into a new house found the old owners classic shotgun in the garage and didn’t know what to do with it or even how to handle it. I volunteered to help out the old chap and offered to take the hot item away from him out of the goodness of my heart.
                It was an Adolf Frank Italian double barrel shotgun with the trigger mechanism damaged by the original owner on purpose so it won’t fire and in bad shape all over. STUPID

On my next trip to US (I used to go back and forth a lot) I got the trigger mechanism parts I needed and grabbed 50 rounds of ammo and brought is back to Australia (this is before 911). Fixed the firing mechanism, cut the barrels down to the forward grip and cut the stock into a pistol grip. Worked great.
                Is hunting allowed in ausie country? If so is there anything taisty running aroung in the outback? I know the fishing on the reefs is great.
                Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Just like any other laws... law abiding citizens aren't the ones committing crimes and if you make a law banning guns then people who don't follow the laws won't care anyways. All prohibition does is raise the cost of whatever is prohibited, making more profit for the manufacturers (which in terms of weapons is a monopoly).
                  "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan
                    Actually in the ending of it it gave good reasons for banning guns to. I guess you missed that part. The examples given in this and other videos talk about local laws which have no chance in making a difference but a federal ban and enforcment will make a huge difference.
                    You’re right, I must have missed that part, I don’t remember anyone stating any facts as to how a federal ban would be beneficial.

Even if someone could answer that one, it still couldn’t explain why places with very little gun regulation tend to have very low crime.

In the examples given, you can simply drive over to the next town and buy a gun to comit the crime vs if the whole country is free of guns then...I think you get the point.
                    Your answer implies that criminals will get guns illegally no matter what the laws are, which I agree with completely. That’s exactly why law-abiding citizens should be able to own guns. Do you think the supply of guns to serious criminals will disappear just because they sign a piece of legislature?

And what about Britain, where guns are banned completely? Britain has one of the highest crime rates in the world. Britain is even an island to top it off.

From personal experience I’ve seen both extremes in terms of gun regulation. I’ve been to Ireland many times, and there are certain places you are told to stay away from. One of their cities even earned the nickname “stab city” because of its reputation for violent crime. Ireland happens to have one of the strictest gun laws on earth, it’s a small island, and nobody in that country owns a gun. Except of course some mafiosos and criminals, who according to a news report I heard while I was there, shot a plumber working in a house that they were robbing and killed him.

I’ve also seen the flipside of this. I’ve been to Beirut where literally everyone carries an automatic rifle in their home, and you can go to the worst place in town and you’ll be fine. In fact, the very notion of a “worst place in town” doesn’t exist there, at least in terms of crime.

Again i want to reittirate i love guns myself and am a pretty good marksman who enjoys shooting and hunting sports and i sure would not like to part with my weapons but i do believe a national gun ban could save a considerable number of lives.
                    We are definitely complete opposites on this issue. I do not own any guns (yet).

Originally posted by Armanen
                    The next time someone talks in favor of gun control, please remind him of this history lesson.
                    You gave great examples. Some of the worst barbarism in human history could have been significantly reduced simply by having an armed populace. Our own genocide is case in point.

Many people today make a mistake by thinking “that would never happen where I live”. Believe me, most victims of mass murder didn’t think they would end up like that until it was too late. Before Nazi rule, before the communist revolutions in China and the USSR, in many more countries prior to some great military coup, most people didn’t think they would get rounded up by the millions and die. Not until everyone was disarmed and the right conditions allowed mass murder to take place.

Comment

Working...
                    X