Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

How Much of the Bible Must Be Historical to Believe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How Much of the Bible Must Be Historical to Believe?

Originally posted by KanadaHye View Post
    No really? I REALLY thought you meant pharmaceutical prescription.... I think you misunderstood my use of the word "PRICE"

i.e. that which must be given, done, or undergone in order to obtain a thing: He gained the victory, but at a heavy price.
    O rly? That makes no sense. What you meant was that the order that we should stone homosexuals has a different price today than say 1500 years ago?
    [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
    -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
      O rly? That makes no sense. What you meant was that the order that we should stone homosexuals has a different price today than say 1500 years ago?
      I'd REALLY like for you to point out where Jesus teaches this course of action as punishment.

What I meant was, America paid the price for slavery through the bloodshed during the civil war. You act as though slavery doesn't exist in the world today. We will continue to pay the price as long as injustices exist.
      "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

I'd REALLY like for you to point out where Jesus teaches this course of action as punishment.

What I meant was, America paid the price for slavery through the bloodshed during the civil war. You act as though slavery doesn't exist in the world today. We will continue to pay the price as long as injustices exist.
        Who said there's no cost to human injustice like slavery? That's obvious. My point was that it bothers me that the bible contains these things as well. Again, I was addressing Pepsi's question.

Read Leviticus. The whole thing is a list of all the offenses punishable by death...

Originally posted by Bible; Leviticus

20:8 And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am the LORD which sanctify you.
        20:9 For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.
        20:10 And the man that committeth adultery with another man's wife, even he that committeth adultery with his neighbour's wife, the adulterer and the adulteress shall surely be put to death.
        20:11 And the man that lieth with his father's wife hath uncovered his father's nakedness: both of them shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
        20:12 And if a man lie with his daughter in law, both of them shall surely be put to death: they have wrought confusion; their blood shall be upon them.
        20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
        20:14 And if a man take a wife and her mother, it is wickedness: they shall be burnt with fire, both he and they; that there be no wickedness among you.
        20:15 And if a man lie with a beast, he shall surely be put to death: and ye shall slay the beast.
        20:16 And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.
        20:17 And if a man shall take his sister, his father's daughter, or his mother's daughter, and see her nakedness, and she see his nakedness; it is a wicked thing; and they shall be cut off in the sight of their people: he hath uncovered his sister's nakedness; he shall bear his iniquity.
        Or Samuel where Saul discovers his son is homosexual and so tries to kill both him and his lover. Or Asa driving out (or exterminating) the Sodomites.

Or Romans...
        Originally posted by Bible; Romans

1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
        1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
        1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
        1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
        1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
        1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.
        [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”

Comment

Who said there's no cost to human injustice like slavery? That's obvious. My point was that it bothers me that the bible contains these things as well. Again, I was addressing Pepsi's question.

Read Leviticus. The whole thing is a list of all the offenses punishable by death...

Or Samuel where Saul discovers his son is homosexual and so tries to kill both him and his lover. Or Asa driving out (or exterminating) the Sodomites.

Or Romans...
          Leviticus is from the Old Testament (J3wish law)

As for the quote from Romans, Paul is referring to how the people of Rome have become the scum of the Earth with extremely poor morals and that those people are worthy of death (in other words, there would be no tears shed if they died)
          "Nobody can give you freedom. Nobody can give you equality or justice or anything. If you're a man, you take it." ~Malcolm X

Comment

Religious people seem to have selective memory when it comes to recalling the bible. They remember love and peace yet forget kill kill kill... Everything good is caused by god everything bad by devil and men... this gets really boring and redundent after a while. If a fool wishes to remain a fool then that is his/her business but unfortunetely his/her decision on this matter effects the rest of us to.
            Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

Originally posted by Haykakan View Post
              Religious people seem to have selective memory when it comes to recalling the bible. They remember love and peace yet forget kill kill kill... Everything good is caused by god everything bad by devil and men... this gets really boring and redundent after a while. If a fool wishes to remain a fool then that is his/her business but unfortunetely his/her decision on this matter effects the rest of us to.
              Dude, you live in the modern Rome, a country that kills for gold, oil, diamonds and anything for profit and you're talking about selective memory.

Comment

Leviticus is from the Old Testament (J3wish law)

As for the quote from Romans, Paul is referring to how the people of Rome have become the scum of the Earth with extremely poor morals and that those people are worthy of death (in other words, there would be no tears shed if they died)
                So everything it says in the Old Testament (OT) doesn't count? I don't recall where in the New Testament (NT) it says that Jesus disagreed with what the Old Testament god said and did.

I'll wait for you to give me that passage where it says that... I humored you and gave you quotes when you asked me to substantiate what I was saying. Let's see yours then; where's the evidence that the NT message disagrees with that of the OT.
                I'll even settle for where it revisits the issue of homosexuals, nonbelievers, or other "sinners" and concludes something that doesn't agree with what's expressed previously in the Old Testament.

Comment

So everything it says in the Old Testament (OT) doesn't count? I don't recall where in the New Testament (NT) it says that Jesus disagreed with what the Old Testament god said and did.

I'll wait for you to give me that passage where it says that... I humored you and gave you quotes when you asked me to substantiate what I was saying. Let's see yours then; where's the evidence that the NT message disagrees with that of the OT.
                  I'll even settle for where it revisits the issue of homosexuals, nonbelievers, or other "sinners" and concludes something that doesn't agree with what's expressed previously in the Old Testament.
                  This is where the history part comes in. Jesus was an anarchist of sorts teaching revolutionary ideas which were aimed directly towards breaking down the power structure of the Roman Empire. Anything in the Old Testament (3rd book in the J3wish Torah) is the old law, many of which Jesus opposed. After all, he was put to death for educating people in everything from personal behavior, to law and even politics.

Every wonder why your pathetic country can't seem to let you forget about 9-11?

Romans 9-11
                  http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...;&version=ESV;
                  Last edited by KanadaHye; 11-13-2012, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Yeh but im trying to educate people and see the facts instead of propogating bs in a new bs book.
                    Dude, you live in the modern Rome, a country that kills for gold, oil, diamonds and anything for profit and you're talking about selective memory.
                    Hayastan or Bust.

Comment

This is where the history part comes in. Jesus was an anarchist of sorts teaching revolutionary ideas which were aimed directly towards breaking down the power structure of the Roman Empire. Anything in the Old Testament (3rd book in the J3wish Torah) is the old law, many of which Jesus opposed. After all, he was put to death for educating people in everything from personal behavior, to law and even politics.

Every wonder why your pathetic country can't seem to let you forget about 9-11?

Romans 9-11
                      http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...;&version=ESV;
                      Blah blah blah... Stop diverting. You make a claim, I ask for evidence, you ignore it and make another claim. No. Show me where Jesus expressed disagreement with something in the OT.

Comment

Working...
                      X