Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian lesbians/gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian lesbians/gays

Siggy and Sip: Social scientists generally agree that people who have dualistic or black-white thinking are at a much more primitive stage of development than those who can see things in a more nuanced way. In other words, folks like Mos and Levon who see women as either virgins or sl-ts, who see men and women as having set roles, who see their views as taking precedence over others, who see the world through the lens of nationality or race, who believe their way is the *only* way for everyone, who think you can't be a man and be gay, you can't be a normal person who happens to enjoy intimacy with the same sex, you can't be an Armenian and not follow religion, you can't have self-respect and not dress like a Mennonite... these guys and all who think like them are, by definition, more primitive than those who can see shades of gray, than those who can accommodate ambivalence or both/and thinking, and who can respect other people's ideas as different but equal.

I would love to see what their lives look like in 20 years...

Comment

This thread delivers.....
      B0zkurt Hunter

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
        Ah, back to insulting me? I am inclined to believe the way you have treated me in the past and continue to treat me is because you find me threatening. Otherwise, you'd engage in actual dialogue instead of hurling insults and implying that I must have a personal reason (e.g. I am seeking approval to be promiscuous) for having the views that I do.
        Yep, I'm terrified. Please God, oh please don't ever put me in the same room as Siggie. I don't think I'll be able to survive the sheer aura of 12-cat desperation.
        Going forward, don't insult me and I won't insult you.

Comment

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
          Siggy and Sip: Social scientists generally agree that people who have dualistic or black-white thinking are at a much more primitive stage of development than those who can see things in a more nuanced way. In other words, folks like Mos and Levon who see women as either virgins or sl-ts, who see men and women as having set roles, who see their views as taking precedence over others, who see the world through the lens of nationality or race, who believe their way is the *only* way for everyone, who think you can't be a man and be gay, you can't be a normal person who happens to enjoy intimacy with the same sex, you can't be an Armenian and not follow religion, you can't have self-respect and not dress like a Mennonite... these guys and all who think like them are, by definition, more primitive than those who can see shades of gray, than those who can accommodate ambivalence or both/and thinking, and who can respect other people's ideas as different but equal.

I would love to see what their lives look like in 20 years...
          Yep, I'm real primitive. I just want money and power. AND... I love strip-clubs. Finally, I don't give a f*k if you're a xxxx. I don't care if any woman is a sl*t. Hell, the more the merrier. Sex without marital commitments is a hell-of-a deal as long as you don't screw up and get the ho pregnant.

Important to remember. There isn't always a good woman for every man, but there's always a chump for every ho. Don't be a chump. Don't give the ho the time of day. F*ck the ho then leave her to her cats. If you land a great woman, then be happy. Otherwise, be happy you didn't land a harpy and enjoy every minute of bachelorhood.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggie View Post
            When women are raised to think that their one function in life is to get married and have a family, then they will do and say what they need to in order to fulfill that function and not bring shame on themselves or their family. It may be possible to find a woman who will say she's willing to live by these standards or even that she beliefs them to be right herself, but I don't think it's heartfelt or if it is, it's because they don't know anything else. So, you might marry one woman and end up with a very different woman as your wife.

For instance, this has occurred in the US, where values have shifted or some other situation (depression, war, etc.) has resulting in it being acceptable for women to work outside the home. Many of these women found fulfillment in doing so only to have that taken away when the conditions changed.
            It's an important function but not the only function in life. There are plenty of women that understand this, that understand that keeping a good home, being traditional and modest, is an important function, but that's not the only function that they wish to portray. They have educational interests, they have hobbies they want to pursue, etc. So don't see it so black and white, because it really isn't. Just because I emphasise the traditional and family roles does not all of sudden make a women a "slave".
            Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
            ---
            "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
              It's an important function but not the only function in life. There are plenty of women that understand this, that understand that keeping a good home, being traditional and modest, is an important function, but that's not the only function that they wish to portray. They have educational interests, they have hobbies they want to pursue, etc. So don't see it so black and white, because it really isn't. Just because I emphasise the traditional and family roles does not all of sudden make a women a "slave".
              Feminists actually see things much more black and white. In their mind, any woman who doesn't fit their definition (i.e. a used up sl*t who works 40+ hours, has 12 cats and fantasizes about being saved from it all by a rich and handsome husband) as a village idiot who needs enlightenment. If they were as accepting as they claim to be, they would not be so against women making choices that disagree with their agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
                Feminists actually see things much more black and white. In their mind, any woman who doesn't fit their definition (i.e. a used up sl*t who works 40+ hours, has 12 cats and fantasizes about being saved from it all by a rich and handsome husband) as a village idiot who needs enlightenment. If they were as accepting as they claim to be, they would not be so against women making choices that disagree with their agenda.
                Right, they view a woman that is modest or an active mother as someone "backwards" and someone "oppressed" and uneducated, when in fact dedicated mothers can be very educated and often very happy with their role in the family. They think all these women are just waiting for the chance to jump free and start sleeping with everybody and wearing mini-skirts.....and that some how your are more "progressive" if you lead such a lifestyle, but all of a sudden you are backwards when you lead a more respectable, humble, and family oriented lifestyle.....

have you heard about this political party? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminis...ative_(Sweden)
                Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                ---
                "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Right, they view a woman that is modest or an active mother as someone "backwards" and someone "oppressed" and uneducated, when in fact dedicated mothers can be very educated and often very happy with their role in the family. They think all these women are just waiting for the chance to jump free and start sleeping with everybody and wearing mini-skirts.....and that some how your are more "progressive" if you lead such a lifestyle, but all of a sudden you are backwards when you lead a more respectable, humble, and family oriented lifestyle.....
                  The irony is that 50 years ago, to be a sl*t was to be rebellious against society, and to be traditional was to conform. Now, it's completely switched. Being a sl*t is so accepted that one may argue that doing so is to conform to society's standards. On the other hand, being traditional is the new rebellion.

have you heard about this political party? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feminis...ative_(Sweden)
                  Man, Sweden is so out of whack one might thing he's reading a satire when reading facts.

Comment

The irony is that 50 years ago, to be a sl*t was to be rebellious against society, and to be traditional was to conform. Now, it's completely switched. Being a sl*t is so accepted that one may argue that doing so is to conform to society's standards. On the other hand, being traditional is the new rebellion.
                    Haha, exactly, in the West being traditional has become the new "rebellion"....and if you look at Western culture/films it's obvious that society's standards have changed this way. Now they are trying to do the same in Armenia....

Man, Sweden is so out of whack one might thing he's reading a satire when reading facts.
                    yeah did you hear about that ridiculous rape case against Assange?? It's tough being a male in Sweden....
                    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
                    ---

Comment

... i.e. a used up sl*t who works 40+ hours, has 12 cats and fantasizes about being saved from it all by a rich and handsome husband...
                      I get the feeling that some of you guys really aren't meeting the right women. You seem to either run into sl*ts or the "modest virgin". I'd literally probably either kill myself or turn gay if those were the only two choices I had in life
                      this post = teh win.

Comment

Working...
                      X