Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian lesbians/gays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Armenian lesbians/gays

Originally posted by Flamenkita View Post
    Let me guess, Mos. You're planning to import a wife from a village who is happy just to have hot, running water, and three square meals...

Are you also going to require that your wife be awake before your father, and only go to sleep after your father has gone to bed? Will you insist that she not talk with your father or older male relatives and keep her eyes on the ground when they are there? Maybe she should cover her mouth with a kerchief like they used to do until very recently in Zangezur?
    It's interesting how you depict that I have to "import" some villager for my future. No, I will meet a woman who is traditional and modest, and also who is patriotic. With whom I connect and care about. Just like how it is supposed to be. Though I'm not sure what this really has to do with anything, this is not a 'relationships' thread.

I'm not going to have to require my wife to do anything given I choose well.
    Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
    ---
    "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

So what Levon? I have two MA's and a PhD. And I know lots of people with a bunch of initials after their names who are total A-holes.

What you lack, clearly, is a sense of humility. Hubris is the disease of the current generation of Armenian men, and let me tell you, it is very unattractive. This is why so many Armenian women want nothing to do with Armenian men. Why bother when you can connect with someone who respects you as an individual and doesn't demand anything different from you than what he demands of himself? Why bother when you know your husband is going to run to his mama all the time because she makes sure he never separates from the family? No thanks!
      Let's not get on a tangent here. However, I couldn't give two sh!ts about titles. I'm in it for money and power. Yes, I am a total A-hole, but only to idiots. Finally I don't care if you find my personality attractive or not. Not because you're a woman, but because I don't give a f*k about what anyone thinks. Do what you want, think what you want, but don't b!tch when others disapprove of what you do. In other words, I would have respect for a woman who sl*ts around but doesn't b!tch when she's rejected for being a sl*t. However, if the said woman b!tches to anyone who would listen about how some men are pigs for expecting women to be virgins, then I have no sympathy for her.

Finally, if Mos wants a traditional family, then more to him. If he wants his children to have their grandparents around when growing up, then again, more to him. If it's a problem for you, then I'm happy you found a chump who complies. Some men desire the best from themselves and their partners, others just settle for whatever comes along. Honestly, given the scam modern marriage is for a man, I hope more men up their standards (be it a traditional wife or whatever). Too many chumps settle for the next ho just so they can find a wife, then find themselves divorced and paying child-support. I say, up your standards, never settle and continue to improve yourself. And if that means rejecting women who aren't virgin's, then so be it, nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mos View Post
        And again I say, in biological roles, men don't tend to the house, they are not the one that bear the children. Men are the "hunters", men also have very important responsibility for the family, in terms of supporting family financially and protecting the family and also passing down his values/teachings to his children.
        Yup very true ... if this was 6000 B.C. ... 8000 years changes a lot. I don't know if you have checked recently but we actually have women doctors, lawyers, office workers, social workers, judges, even in the armed and other civil-service forces, teachers, educators, counselors, engineers, scientists, (I could go on for a while).

This myth that the "man" earns the living and the woman has to serve his needs at home by doing the "important and valuable" jobs of a servant is kind of not even really a myth anymore but mostly a wish the to the good old days for men

Yah true the woman gets pregnant and pops out a kid after 9 months and spends a few months recovering but after that, the rest of what you say is bogus. The women can be just as capable in providing financially as well as in protecting the family as the men and I certainly hope the men can be just as good taking care of the kids and pushing the button on the washing machine as the women.
        this post = teh win.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
          Yup very true ... if this was 6000 B.C. ... 8000 years changes a lot. I don't know if you have checked recently but we actually have women doctors, lawyers, office workers, social workers, judges, even in the armed and other civil-service forces, teachers, educators, counselors, engineers, scientists, (I could go on for a while).

This myth that the "man" earns the living and the woman has to serve his needs at home by doing the "important and valuable" jobs of a servant is kind of not even really a myth anymore but mostly a wish the to the good old days for men

Yah true the woman gets pregnant and pops out a kid after 9 months and spends a few months recovering but after that, the rest of what you say is bogus. The women can be just as capable in providing financially as well as in protecting the family as the men and I certainly hope the men can be just as good taking care of the kids and pushing the button on the washing machine as the women.
          A child still has a lot of growing up to do from few months of being born. Sometimes financial concerns force the woman to work as well and the children to be raised by others, and this is very unfavourable. For the critical times of the child's life, it's crucial for their to be maternal presence at home (and of course paternal). When child is old enough, than the importance is less. In the modern day, you also have many dysfunctional families and broken homes, so take everything that comes with the "modern day" with a grain of salt.

Maternal love/feelings cannot be given by a man. That's just how it is. Same with paternal traits can't be given by a woman. Second, don't portray what woman do as "servant work". It's offensive honestly. What they do for their kids, husbands, and household is very respectable and a very worthy contribution.
          Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
          ---
          "Western Assimilation is the greatest threat to the Armenian nation since the Armenian Genocide."

Comment

Levon, funny... You are saying men should up their standards. I am saying women should up their standards and not accept any old chump who comes along and offers her a future living under the same roof with her mother in law, washing dishes and folding socks, etc...

And all those chumps who marry their virgins and then look for other women with whom to live out their more interesting sexual fantasies and desires. Like this they keep their wives "pure", and other women are xxxxxs. Such misogyny!

Oh, and I forgot... You won't be the one to import a village wife. Your parents will do it for you, since marriage has nothing to do with whether two people love each other or feel attracted to each other. Additionally, a son can be gay and still have a marriage arranged for him. He will, however, still seek secondary sexual experiences outside of the marriage and family. It has happened so many times to people I know. Gay men being obligated to marry clueless, inexperienced young women who have no idea what to expect sexually. Somehow they manage to get pregnant, but something isn't quite right with the husband. The children pick up on the weird vibe and are insecure. They start doing badly in school or acting out. It's all connected.

Comment

Oh, and I forgot... You won't be the one to import a village wife. Your parents will do it for you, since marriage has nothing to do with whether two people love each other or feel attracted to each other. Additionally, a son can be gay and still have a marriage arranged for him. He will, however, still seek secondary sexual experiences outside of the marriage and family. It has happened so many times to people I know. Gay men being obligated to marry clueless, inexperienced young women who have no idea what to expect sexually. Somehow they manage to get pregnant, but something isn't quite right with the husband. The children pick up on the weird vibe and are insecure. They start doing badly in school or acting out. It's all connected.
              How about you leave my marriage plans to myself? And don't bring in homosexuality in this. I don't know what you are trying to imply here but doesn't seem like a good route to take....
              Մեկ Ազգ, Մեկ Մշակույթ
              ---

Comment

Maternal love/feelings cannot be given by a man. That's just how it is. Same with paternal traits can't be given by a woman. Second, don't portray what woman do as "servant work". It's offensive honestly. What they do for their kids, husbands, and household is very respectable and a very worthy contribution.
                Lol ... in other words men really wouldn't be caught dead doing all the sh!t women were forced to do before they got free. Yes families can be dysfunctional but if the alternative is imprisoning the woman to a lifetime of bondage and sacrifice, then it is perhaps a small price to pay in our efforts to find a better alternative to what has been (and hopefully never will be again).

Mos, if this important job of the woman was sooo wonderfun and important, why are all these women now wanting more? Why are you having to defend your way of life as the way it should be? Obviously the women didn't want that or we wouldn't have had their movement to ask for equal rights (you call it extreme feminism?) but they were just asking for equal rights to vote, hold property, and work really.
                this post = teh win.

Comment

Levon, funny... You are saying men should up their standards. I am saying women should up their standards and not accept any old chump who comes along and offers her a future living under the same roof with her mother in law, washing dishes and folding socks, etc...
                  Good for you. Keep preaching that. I agree, no woman should just settle for money, though many do.

And all those chumps who marry their virgins and then look for other women with whom to live out their more interesting sexual fantasies and desires. Like this they keep their wives "pure", and other women are xxxxxs. Such misogyny!
                  Nothing to do with virgin wives. Men with sl*t wives do that too. You sure your husband never fantasizes about other women? Hint, hint. He probably does. Btw, what misandry from you. Oh, and it's perfectly fine to call unmarried non-virgins sl*ts. Don't ya know, your feminist sisters took the word "sl*t" back with all those sl*t-walks. Sl*t is a normal word now. Ooh, and virginity has nothing to do with being pure. It's more a promise from the woman that her husband will be the only one she ever loves (in spirit and in bed). No human is pure, neither women nor men.

Lastly, just because a woman married as a virgin doesn't mean she won't be able to satisfy her husband. It's almost like you're jealous of the women who did remain virgins before marriage and you want to somehow humiliate and belittle them to make yourself feel better. Don't forget, freedom is about choice. If a woman decides to only love her husband then that's her choice and you should respect it. If you're belittling her, then you have some issues you should deal with.

I once had a woman completely flip out on me when I suggested that I wouldn't look at a non-virgin for marriage. She took it so personally. I mean, how dare I potentially reject her as marriage material? The funny thing is, she was married and her husband was an "intelligent" Armenian American, but that's besides the point.

Nobody imports a village wife. Don't get on a tangent here. There are plenty of educated and ambitious women who are virgins. I personally know several of them. Just because a woman is a virgin doesn't mean she's a useless village idiot. Look at who's being a misogynist.

Comment

Originally posted by Sip View Post
                    Lol ... in other words men really wouldn't be caught dead doing all the sh!t women were forced to do before they got free. Yes families can be dysfunctional but if the alternative is imprisoning the woman to a lifetime of bondage and sacrifice, then it is perhaps a small price to pay in our efforts to find a better alternative to what has been (and hopefully never will be again).

Mos, if this important job of the woman was sooo wonderfun and important, why are all these women now wanting more? Why are you having to defend your way of life as the way it should be? Obviously the women didn't want that or we wouldn't have had their movement to ask for equal rights (you call it extreme feminism?) but they were just asking for equal rights to vote, hold property, and work really.
                    Case in point, society sucks. It's not just women, but many man also want to escape the dreaded responsibilities pushed on by society. I mean, having kids, working overtime to support the said kids and the wife. Add on top of that the fact that a man has a 50% chance of getting divorced, having his kids taken away and being forced to pay child support and alimony, I don't see why fight for it.

Now, Mos has a point. Traditional marriage is probably the best way to increase population, and Armenia may need that more now more than ever, given the speed at which our neighbors are reproducing. Further point, some women do enjoy being moms. Just because some (vocal) group of women claim raising children is slavery, doesn't mean that it applies to all women. Some women decide to be mothers early and are happy. Others become miserable. Some decide to be career women and end-up alone and with 12 cats. Others realize it's easier to live off of a husband but are too used up for any man. Some get lucky and find a chump, others f*k up much earlier and have to work that much harder to find a chump to support them and the bastard kids. Let's hope more women in Armenia become happy mothers, but outside of that, I don't give a f*k what happens to any individual woman, and I'll be damned if I don't fight about my tax dollars going to support some sl*t who made mistakes and now wants daddy government to bail her out.

Comment

Originally posted by levon View Post
                      Haha, you're an idiot Siggie. Really, you are. Age has nothing to do with what I'm saying, but if you must know. I've been married for several years (yes, she was a virgin), have a large house and make a lots of money. All that and I came from nothing, literally. I worked my ass off for everything I have, and still do. Plus, I'm incredibly handsome and have an awesome body. Yeah, I'm so unhappy. hehe

Oooh, yeah. Just because I know you'll ask, my wife has a Master's Degree (so do I).

Now, onto the rest of your retarded post. I'm not restricting anybody's freedoms. Be a sl*t if you want. Hell, f*ck around with as many dudes as you can. Just don't expect everyone to overlook your past... But, there is a chump for every ho. Good luck
                      Ah, back to insulting me? I am inclined to believe the way you have treated me in the past and continue to treat me is because you find me threatening. Otherwise, you'd engage in actual dialogue instead of hurling insults and implying that I must have a personal reason (e.g. I am seeking approval to be promiscuous) for having the views that I do.

Aaaaand? I don't particularly care about your degrees. I have two masters and am a candidate for PhD. As Flamenkita said, "so what?"
                      So what Levon? I have two MA's and a PhD. And I know lots of people with a bunch of initials after their names who are total A-holes.
                      It doesn't preclude anyone from being an a-hole, biased, bigoted, etc.

Sip, you should know that it's not a matter of whether the job is so important. It has to do with which job pulls in most privilege, status, recognition, influence, and power. Although raising children is, IMO, the hardest and most important job, it is not how most men want to spend their time because raising children is quiet, invisible work when it is going well. There are no immediate rewards. A lot of it is tedious, repetitive, and constraining. I often find myself saying, "This is why I have a PhD?" But at the end of the day, I wouldn't trade raising my children myself, in the way I want them to be raised, for any recognition or monetary reward. That said, I don't begrudge women who need to or want to leave every morning and go to work. And I respect the many stay at home dads I know who have the humility and the confidence in who they are and are comfortable enough in their manhood not to demand that their wives be the ones to stay home with the kids. It's all good, KWIM?

Siggie, I just love it when little dudes who probably aren't even shaving every day are so outspoken about marriage, relationships, politics, etc... I really hope they stick around and keep us posted on how their ideas and lives evolve. I'll tell you what, though, if I ever heard my son talking like they talk, I would consider myself a complete and total failure as a parent. I am repeatedly struck at how entitled these guys seem to have grown up. I am sure they order their mothers and sisters around. Blech!
                      It's all about status and recognition. Women whose children are school aged are still discouraged from holding jobs outside the house. Why? Because it's not about what makes the women happy or what makes them feel fulfilled. It's about how it will look to others if she works... They'll think the husband doesn't make enough money, they'll think he's not in control of his household, etc. So, the women's needs and wants are always last, behind the husband, the children, and the husband's family.

It's interesting how you depict that I have to "import" some villager for my future. No, I will meet a woman who is traditional and modest, and also who is patriotic. With whom I connect and care about. Just like how it is supposed to be. Though I'm not sure what this really has to do with anything, this is not a 'relationships' thread.

I'm not going to have to require my wife to do anything given I choose well.
                      When women are raised to think that their one function in life is to get married and have a family, then they will do and say what they need to in order to fulfill that function and not bring shame on themselves or their family. It may be possible to find a woman who will say she's willing to live by these standards or even that she beliefs them to be right herself, but I don't think it's heartfelt or if it is, it's because they don't know anything else. So, you might marry one woman and end up with a very different woman as your wife.

For instance, this has occurred in the US, where values have shifted or some other situation (depression, war, etc.) has resulting in it being acceptable for women to work outside the home. Many of these women found fulfillment in doing so only to have that taken away when the conditions changed.
                      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
                      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Working...
                      X