Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Armenian food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TigranJamharian no unfortunately i dont know what fstkh means

FSTKH = Pistachio

Nan = absolutely no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by felizitation Thks for the advice, actually the problem comes from my oven (which behaves like a microwave )

Mamoonia: very simple: all you need to know is 1-2-4
      1 for the semolina, 2 for the sugar, 4 for the water.
      But there is a tip here: you should almost burn the semolina with butter, make it really brown, and it will taste better.

You talked about Maïlebi (or Mouhalabia). Easy:
      -1L milk
      -2 spoon soup of Maizena (corn farina)
      -1 or 2 "sachet" of vanilled sugar
      -don't remember how much sugar, i think it's like a small cup, it depends on your tastes.
      -1 egg

Sugars in the milk. Cook it. During that time, mix the corn farina with cold water. Make it diluted. Keep the yellow part of the egg.
      When milk gets really warm, stop the hotplate, put the corn farina and the egg, and mix it till it get a little "tough".

You can eat it warm, or wait it gets really tough
      Heeey thanks. But I didn't mean Maïlebi, I know that one. Sometimes you put an almond in the middle or something? The thing I am talking about is almost like jello except it is very sweet, it's white, you cut it up in squares and our on sugar syrup and a scoop of ice cream. I swear my dad is nuts for this stuff, I think if you eat too much it might kill you. Hehe. I will find it someday!

p.s. Know how to make Madzounov Koufteh? Yum. Especially on rainy days such as today!
      The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by felizitation FSTKH = Pistachio

Nan = absolutely no idea.
        Nan= Nanor = her name. Dude, the poor girl said it 40 times already!
        The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by dstyle ummm yummy manta with skhdor madzoon yummy.
          havgeetov sjoukh now thats breakfast.
          I said the same thing about havgettov soujokh in the soujokh poll thread. We eat the weirdest things don't we? Good stuff!! Second only to the Soujokh sandwich from Sahag's Basturma.

Comment

Originally posted by fstkhnan ohh interesting.....yeah lazar najarian is a pretty cool school, not as cool as haygazian or gemaran, but its getting there.lol.....no seriously speaking of jahannam, I havent seen her today yet!
            I went to haygazian for a month. A teacher slapped my hands with the ruler. I was NOT a happy camper. A charagigi camper, but very NOT happy.

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug Nan= Nanor = her name. Dude, the poor girl said it 40 times already!
              I've never read her posts until the time she put a picture of her.
              Actually, it's a lie

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
                p.s. Know how to make Madzounov Koufteh? Yum. Especially on rainy days such as today!
                Sorry for the confusion concerning the mouaïlebi.
                the dessert you're talking about: is there any vart'i tchour inside ?

And i'm waiting for the mazounov keufté

It's the morning here, and i'm already HUNGRRRRRRYRYRYYYY

Comment

dude i totally want kenefe jhbne, i dont know how u spell it in english, but from sarkiss pastry, yummmyyyyy. 2 bad its in glenhell.

Comment

Originally posted by dstyle dude i totally want kenefe jhbne, i dont know how u spell it in english, but from sarkiss pastry, yummmyyyyy. 2 bad its in glenhell.
                    Hammmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaaaannn !! Knefe !!!
                    Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogh, mmmmmmmmmm... I simply can't help making stupid noises when i think about it.

By the way (peranes tchourere ge vasen gor), isn't knefe a libanese dessert ?

Comment

• Recipe for "Ghorme Sabzi"

Ingredients:
                      2 bunch of parsley
                      1 bunch of cilantro
                      1 bunch of "tare"
                      1 bunch of dill
                      1 bunch of green onion
                      2 cups of cooked black eyed beans (no not the band)
                      1/2 tspn of salt
                      1/2 tspn of pepper
                      1 lb of chopped beef (no fat)
                      2 dried lemons

You must finely chop all the green stuff..or if you're lazy like me, just put it in the food processor, but make sure you don't turn it into a total mush..it'll tast like CRAP!
                      Alright..
                      Step 1. Brown all the greenery (finely chopped)in a skillet with very little canola oil.
                      Put that in a bowl and set aside.

Step 2. brown the beef until it is firm and completely cooked inside.

Step 3. Mix in the browned greens on top...and stir for distribution of flavor.

Step 4. Once the mixture is well incorporated into eachother, add 2 cups of boiling water.

Step 5 Add the dried lemons, the cooked black eyed beans, and the salt and pepper, as desired.

Step 6. Let the stew simmer on low heat for about 45 minutes.

The consistency should be between soup and stew.

Preferably....it is better eaten with white "Persian" rice....steamed.

P.S. This is like the parskahyes' FAVORITE dish.

Comment

Working...
                      X