Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Arvestaked's Satanic Bible Preaching, etc...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dusken
    Except for the whole stupidity thing, you probably have been for quite some time.
    Yay! I'm a stupid good Satanist! Since you claim that usual good Satanists are not stupid, wouldn't being a stupid good Satanist make me unique?

Comment

• I found this fascinating.

The Temple of Set is a sectarian split from the Church of Satan, and therefore the two religions hold very similar beliefs. For example both stress the path to individual self-improvement, and worship themselves as the highest being. However, Setians broke from the main-line denomination claiming that the true pursuit of satanist ideals had been lost. This occurred in 1975, when Anton LaVey made the decision to reshape the Church of Satan into what the Setians claim is a non-functional vehicle for his personal expression, exploitation, and financial income. Michael A Aquino lead a group of members that rejected this decision and immediately resigned from the Church in protest. They combined to create the sectarian movement known as the Temple of Set.

The roots of the beliefs of the Temple are prehistoric originating from the first sense of "self-consciousness" that sets humanity apart from all other known life forms. The original Priesthood of Set survived in ancient Egypt through twenty-five recorded dynasties. However, the religion eventually died out and Set, the pre-satanic deity was later recast as an evil principle. The present day sect, the Temple of Set, revives the ancient ideals represented in Set. This entity which stands separate and apart from the forces of the natural universe is often portrayed as a man with the head of an animal, typically a hyena (Satanism 2).

Unlike conventional religions, the Temple of Set stresses the role of the individual. Members of the Temple desire the psyche to live, to experience and to continue. They believe that consciousness can evolve towards its own divinity through deliberate exercise of the intelligence and Will, a process through which one may find their own roots. For these reasons the Temple is against any actions that serve only to numb the mind such as drugs, masses, and entertainment (Satanism 1).

However, while the Church of Satan interpreted the worship of ones self as the engagement in indulgence, the Temple stresses the worship of individualism. The goal of each member is to recognize, appreciate and actualize their own entire self or soul. This process is called _Xeper_(Satanism 7). Setians pursue _Xeper_ through many different means but especially communication with one another. Setians are also strongly advised to pursue a wide variety of secular interests outside of the Church in order to fully develop themselves as an individual (Satanism 7).

So satanists engage in indulgence, such as sex, drugs, parties. Wouldn't MTV channel be central station of the satanists then?

I like the whole idea of the Temple which stresses the worship of individualism. However, it is still a cult and I don't condone any sort of organized religion. Basically this is a branch of an ancient Egyptian religion.

Apparently Seth was an evil brother of Osiris, who tricked and murdered him. The sect ceased to exist, but apparently was revived by this group of nutcases.

Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

Also check out their homepage, very intriguing design.

The official site of the Temple of Set. Introductory essays provide an overview of Setian philosophy, ethics and practice.

Comment

• Originally posted by anileve
        I found this fascinating.

So satanists engage in indulgence, such as sex, drugs, parties. Wouldn't MTV channel be central station of the satanists then?

I like the whole idea of the Temple which stresses the worship of individualism. However, it is still a cult and I don't condone any sort of organized religion. Basically this is a branch of an ancient Egyptian religion.

Apparently Seth was an evil brother of Osiris, who tricked and murdered him. The sect ceased to exist, but apparently was revived by this group of nutcases.

Discover the latest breaking news in the U.S. and around the world — politics, weather, entertainment, lifestyle, finance, sports and much more.

Also check out their homepage, very intriguing design.

http://www.xeper.org/pub/xp_main.htm

Well, first of all, neither "The Satanic Bible" or the "Satanic Rituals" promotes or discourages drug use. "Thou shalt..." is against Satanic principles. However, you may refer to the description of the Ninth Enochian Key for a mention of it. My interpretation of the "religion" would expect that it would be inconsistent with the idea of power to the self as you are potentially ceding control of your body to something other than yourself.

Indulgence however is encouraged. This is no secret. Anton LaVey was honest about that from the beginning...from the Satanic Bible. If it took the members of the Temple a membership to the church to realize that then I do not know what to say about their intellectual abilities. LaVey, in the bible, promotes indulgence and justifies it through Satanic philosophy. In addition, though, he condems the idea of using Satanism purely for sexual indulgence. He comments on people joining Satanic organizations just for the orgy with out actually adopting the ideas entirely.

Masses and rituals, and this is also not fine print in any way, are there as a tool to mock organized Judeo-Christian religion. They have that purpose among others that are based in the power of self-deceit.
        Last edited by dusken; 05-25-2004, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• I would like to have a basic understanding of Satanism. If you could, please explain to me why would you follow the teachings of Satan, when you are against religion or any organized "cult".

Please be serious Dusken. I promise this is just for my own knowledge. I want to understand you.

Comment

• Originally posted by violette829
            I would like to have a basic understanding of Satanism. If you could, please explain to me why would you follow the teachings of Satan, when you are against religion or any organized "cult".

Please be serious Dusken. I promise this is just for my own knowledge. I want to understand you.
            Let us keep in mind, and I have said this before, I am not a Satanist...at least not entirely. So do not ask me what motivates people to join The Church of Satan or perscribe to the methods of the philosophy.

Now, nobody is following teachings of Satan. Satan had no teachings and Satanism does not believe he exists anyway. The do not believe Satan exists, God exists, heaven exists or hell exists. If you want to know to a satisfactory degree of depth what Satanism as described by LaVey is, this is an entire thread dedicated to it. Start from the beginning. I talked about a lot of things and addressed a lot of misconceptions.

This "religion" is set up to mock organized religion by parodying Christian rites. The ideas are based on self-deceit to show that your view of reality is entirely personal and you can perceive individual power if you like. These rituals are acts for promoting and worshipping yourself as opposed to another God.

Comment

• Anarchy meets George Carlin comedy.

Comment

• Originally posted by dusken
                Well, first of all, neither "The Satanic Bible" or the "Satanic Rituals" promotes or discourages drug use. "Thou shalt..." is against Satanic principles. However, you may refer to the description of the Ninth Enochian Key for a mention of it. My interpretation of the "religion" would expect that it would be inconsistent with the idea of power to the self as you are potentially ceding control of your body to something other than yourself.

Indulgence however is encouraged. This is no secret. Anton LaVey was honest about that from the beginning...from the Satanic Bible. If it took the members of the Temple a membership to the church to realize that then I do not know what to say about their intellectual abilities. LaVey, in the bible, promotes indulgence and justifies it through Satanic philosophy. In addition, though, he condems the idea of using Satanism purely for sexual indulgence. He comments on people joining Satanic organizations just for the orgy with out actually adopting the ideas entirely.

Masses and rituals, and this is also not fine print in any way, are there as a tool to mock organized Judeo-Christian religion. They have that purpose among others that are based in the power of self-deceit.
                Whether it's a mockery of the organized Judeo-Christian religion or not, there is a thin line between a rebellion and a cult involved. Those that dedicate themselves to rebelling against the “main-stream” religions usually become intoxicated with the power after the concept gains a following and decide to transform their “innocent” plan into a network which spreads its tentacles and develops into a cult. Ideas usually start out well, but after they gain a significant recognition they become infused with corruption. Just as Christianity was based on a sacred belief, it was later turned into an instrument of manipulation and a political gain.

The moment a group of followers grows, individualism slowly dilutes and conditioning takes over. Masses often include people of rational and irrational thinking, and monitoring them becomes more difficult, corruption occurs and some people manipulate the system. As it is with Satanists. So where as the concept might be of a noble nature, it still involves rituals and traditions and is subjected to various interpretations which can later turn into malicious acts.

The only “religion” I admire is Buddhism. The reason being that it's more of a philosophy rather than a bundle of rules and rituals. It is an exploration of an individual through personal experiences and a spiritual growth, where one really understands the concepts through logic and questioning.

So in other words, Satanism, be it mockery or not, still adheres to the definition of a sect. And is nothing short of an organized religion used to condition the masses. Oh look, I just sounded like Anon. I need to say a prayer.

Comment

• Originally posted by anileve
                  Whether it's a mockery of the organized Judeo-Christian religion or not, there is a thin line between a rebellion and a cult involved. Those that dedicate themselves to rebelling against the “main-stream” religions usually become intoxicated with the power after the concept gains a following and decide to transform their “innocent” plan into a network which spreads its tentacles and develops into a cult. Ideas usually start out well, but after they gain a significant recognition they become infused with corruption. Just as Christianity was based on a sacred belief, it was later turned into an instrument of manipulation and a political gain.

The moment a group of followers grows, individualism slowly dilutes and conditioning takes over. Masses often include people of rational and irrational thinking, and monitoring them becomes more difficult, corruption occurs and some people manipulate the system. As it is with Satanists. So where as the concept might be of a noble nature, it still involves rituals and traditions and is subjected to various interpretations which can later turn into malicious acts.

So in other words, Satanism, be it mockery or not, still adheres to the definition of a sect. And is nothing short of an organized religion used to condition the masses. Oh look, I just sounded like Anon. I need to say a prayer.
                  These are presumptuous generalities with no basis in the observation of Satanism.

The Church of Satan and Satanism are seperate entities. The Church is a tax paying organization which is not needed (and it is stated as such) to be a Satanist. It is even said that some rituals can be performed alone.

Conditioning the masses? Your definition of conditioning the masses can be applied to any philosophy that is published or presented publicly. The whole idea of it is telling people they are an individual and do not need to be part of anything, including the organization referred to as The Church of Satan. In any case, you cannot make claims as to the intent of a philosophy by the potential of certain people to lose their sense of individuality as a result of any given scenrio, especially when the philosophy has virtually nothing to gain from the acceptance of that philosophy.

Originally posted by anileve
                  The only “religion” I admire is Buddhism. The reason being that it's more of a philosophy rather than a bundle of rules and rituals. It is an exploration of an individual through personal experiences and a spiritual growth, where one really understands the concepts through logic and questioning.
                  Buddhism is cute. That is all. There is this big fad of respecting Buddhism more than any other religion. The fact remains that it has rules and it has faith. That makes it a religion. And, in my book, adopting someone elses faith is stupid. Period. People just like it because it is not really preached and imposed. Anyhow, the more admirable aspects of Buddhism are correlated with Satanism.
                  Last edited by dusken; 05-27-2004, 10:23 AM.

Comment

• I move for a motion for the admin to change dusken's name to "The Dusken".
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

• Are you ever going to correct the spelling of "atheist" in your signature?

I am flattered that you enjoy my alias so much. It is one of my favorite words as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X