Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Stars Who Have To Do "Good Works".

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who cares, stars are entirely unimportant to society, aside from sniffing coke and sexual fantasies. And if you say "Oh yea Anonymouse? Why are you important?" My answer is that I provide labor power.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

No celebrities = no movies or music. Worst thing ever.

Comment

As long as I got books to read, i dont need "movies", and more than 90% of modern "music" I could do without. Keep my favorite DJs and old classics I'm good.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Celebrities are celebrities because of perception.

Art is a wonderful thing regardless of the medium but mediums will always be abused.

Comment

Ok Anon. Chill out. Breathe in.............breathe out.
            ~~~
            Have you guys noticed that if a normal person (not celeb.) will say someting about charity but will not get recognition, unlike a star who will be the main topic in the newspapers and magazines.
            I sometimes think that stars use their charity to help their fame.

Some stars create their own charities and use their fame to that charity's advantage. This seems fine but I hate it when they say the same exact thing like, "So many people are in need of serious shelter, food and medicine." Duh! EVERYONE thinks this. I hate that when this comes out of the celeb's mouth, it has to be in the newspaper. I hope this deosn't sound as though I'm jelous of the celebs but if they want to do good, they should do it for the good of charity and not to increase their fame. They already know that if they talk about their chairty, their fame will increase, so isn't that taking a somewhat advantage of the charity? They need to keep that under control.
            I see...

Comment

It's all of an ongoing effort of the media establishment to continue to revere these dolts and raise them to the level of saintly status, to guide the masses, give them something to look up to. They work in tandem promoting themselves and their images, and flaunting the lives of these asinine buttmunches in every space of existence, about their latest move or nose pick, and people follow them. For example one lame guest appearance by Angelina Jolie on the show of that god-awful butch Ellen Degenerate, speaking about her humanitarian bs suddenly makes all of her cult worshippers want to do good works and feel imbued with the mission of humanitarianism. Everyday more people that are not celebrities do more to contribute to mankind and we rarely here of them, yet every day more and more peopel Star-f*ck themselves to death.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

I like this thread. TTT!
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

well said mouse!!! 'Degenerate' lmao

Comment

Look at that, a sign of divinity; a Miracle. Me and Mousy agree.

Originally posted by Darorinag
                    Speaking of this, there was a World Vision commercial or something in which a celebrity was "begging" for people to donate money for African kids or some such thing, and the way she was dressed, you'd say if she had donated the amount of money she spent on her make-up and her clothing, she would've saved the lives of more than 10 "poor helpless African kids" and given them something to survive on for more than a month.
                    This is the thing I hate the most about these would be good samirtans. They sit here and beg people barely making it paycheck to paycheck to spare some change, and perhaps throw in a few scrapes (by their standards) themselves while they're sitting on a pile of money bigger than their capacity to spend. Well.....I shouldn't really say that, as many celebrities have managed to wined up bankrupt, in spite of their obscene riches.

I used to crack up when I'd hear about the foundation Michael Jordan started up, and how he'd throw fund raiser dinners. They'd proudly mention they raised $200,000 or so for the night. Well dipsh*t, you make (between Bulls contract and endorsements) $70 MILLION A YEAR!!! You could donate one years income, help THOUSANDS of people, and STILL have more than you could possibly spend!! Just write it off on your taxes, if it will help you sleep at night loosing all that unusable money to aid people who didn't have the fortune of getting payed millions to play a sport.

Originally posted by violette829
                    Uh because they donate using fake names, I can't name one. But, I know for a fact that many celebrities donated to charities for lymphoma. My dad's Dr. told us that if it weren't for these anonymous donations, they would have nothing. Many of them used names such as John Smith or John Doe.
                    Ummmm.....if they're using fake names, how do you know it's celebrities doing the donating? You want someone who deserves credit? Try the guy in Chicago who has been dropping off several actual gold coins per year in Salvation Army kettles randomly every year for as far back as I can remember. To this day, they haven't caught who it is, as he wraps the coin inside of a $1 bill when he does it.

Originally posted by Hogg
                    No celebrities = no movies or music. Worst thing ever.
                    Nahhhh, no artists = no movies or music. No celebrities = no pretentious, dysfunctional, trend setting, pop culture creating, overly self centered and self absorbed a**holes who keep creating more and more useless ways to spend money.

Bottom line is, WE need to stop giving celebrities the status they hold. WE determine that they should be treated as gods. Filthy rich people who we continously give preferential treatment to, getting free dinners, clothes, cars, etc. The people that least need it, getting it the most, and all because we have decided to worship them. Turn off your TVs, turn off your radios, come out of your self induced commas, and let the healing begin. Wake up and realize your own existence.

Comment

Working...
                    X