Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Idiocy of Mother's/Father's Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by patlajan
    I remember the days when I used to take you seriously. Now you're as amusing as the tabloid headlines I gaze at while waiting in line at the checkout counter.
    What spirit possessed you to think that I even took you seriously since you even began posting, much less being interesting to read? Now go headbut a beehive since you don't have anything to contribute...as usual.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by ardenik
      okay okay okay... anonymouse, i hate the government AT LEAST as much as u do... & specifically, i hate YOUR government.. the canadian government is pretty chill, but i hate them too nonetheless.. first of all, my view on mothers' & fathers' days is that they are bullsh!t holidays that just get us to spend more money... but in the end, it makes the folks happy when they get ur gift, so for that, its alright.. its not because anybody's telling me how to think. i dont know how easily manipulated ur brain is, but if i get flowers for my mom on mothers' day, its certainly not because ur pile-of-cr@p of a government convinced me to.

who r u kidding? how does the fact that a holiday is "secular" make it any more pointless than a "sacred" holiday? so the government "imposes" a holiday on u dedicated to mothers or fathers & thats stupid.. so dont observe it & thats the end of it! but if u work a shift on mothers' day, u dont get a higher hourly wage, so its not really a holiday, is it.. but the church imposes a holiday on u, making u celebrate the birth (or the death, depending of the holiday..) of sum dude uve never met who lived almost 2000 years ago on a continent uve never set foot on & did absolutely nothing for u directly... lets say ure a non-religious shop-owner just tryin to make a buck.... & u gotta pay ur kluts employees a time & a half what u usually pay them just cuz some guy with a mexican name was born that day 2000 years ago?!? now THAT sucks!!!

all this is hypothetical... im a Christian & i believe in Jesus & i dont have a problem celebrating his birth or his resurrection or whatever.. on the contrary..... but if u wanna be b!tching about how pointless a holiday is, come back when ure that shop-owner i described.........
      First of all, let's not open a can of worms, the thread was about mothers and fathers day, two meaningless secular holidays created by the State. This had nothing to do with religious holidays which are not the creation of the State, and had existed for centuries prior to it. The only reason for being brought up was for comparison purposes. And I honestly disagree on the Catholic Church having killed more people, for you are clearly ignoring America's history. Anyone familiar with the recent workings of the world will kindly see this. We all recognize separation of Church and State here, yet the State creates meaningless holidays where the Church left off. If you don't like the Church creating holidays don't whine, because supporting the State in its effort to create holidays is contradictory. You very well point out the Church creates holidays, but somehow you don't mind the State doing it? It is none of the business of the State whether or not people remember to honor their parents or not. Anne Jarvis, the dumbass lady that was responsible for this bill back in the day, was not even a mother, and died alone, and before the end of her life came to agree that the holiday was stupid. Some of you really need to do some research before you folks post up in this place. So the same "public servants" that kill other people, moms and dads, around the world, steal, lie, are so kind and thoughtful enough to make a Mothers or Fathers day ( the latter used to be St. Joseph's Day ), for the masses to revel in. Yea, you folks can whine all you want, but you can't wiggle yourself out of contradictions.
      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Mother's day. Father's day, gradnmother's and garndfather'sday, valentine's day, X-mas day have been created to make money for the big companies. and lots of brainless people believe in those and go and spend money to buy gifts. i buy gifts the rest of 349 days of the year, WHY U PEOPLE NEED SPECIAL DAYS FOR GOD'S SAKE TO BUY PRESENTS. I love my mom and dad and the rest o my familiy, i dont need special day. JESUS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
          What spirit possessed you to think that I even took you seriously since you even began posting, much less being interesting to read? Now go headbut a beehive since you don't have anything to contribute...as usual.

Hahaha I get the same fun feeling reading your posts as when monkeys make threatening gestures at the zoo.

Comment

Touche. You're intellect is rivaled only by garden tools.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
              Touche. You're intellect is rivaled only by garden tools.
              Clearly good grammar is not a requirement for admission into the anarchist club for reformed dungeons and dragons geeks.

Comment

Wow, all this fuss over a frickin' holiday. I guess all of the world's problems must have been solved.

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname
                  Wow, all this fuss over a frickin' holiday. I guess all of the world's problems must have been solved.
                  Ask the mouse about that. He knows all the world’s problems and their solutions. If only someone would listen to him. His wisdom transcends our poor pre-programmed understanding. We are not ready for his arrival. THE ONE came too soon…

Comment

Oh a grammar insult, what shall I do? You still show exceptional talent for mistakenly thinking that I attach importance to your post. Now that has all the black comedy of a deluded Madeline Albright entering a beauty pageant written all over it.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan
                      Ask the mouse about that. He knows all the world’s problems and their solutions. If only someone would listen to him. His wisdom transcends our poor pre-programmed understanding. We are not ready for his arrival. THE ONE came too soon…
                      AHAHHAHAHHAHAHHA!

Anon, the government is not forcing this holiday down your throat. It's pretty much at your discretion whether you want to celebrate the Tampon Day or Anarchist Day. So I don't understand the point you are trying to make, we are not hypnotized and we don't need to be awaken. I am sorry to say this but I doubt you would get much of a following in this case. And it's true, if only all of our problems were of this nature....

Comment

Working...
                      X