Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The Slaying Of U.S. Prisoner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Slaying Of U.S. Prisoner

I'm sure by now everyone has heard of the beheading of Nick Berg by the Islamists. If anyone wants to see the video, it is very disturbing and I suggest you proceed with caution. It is very goric and gresome and when I viewed it, something in me just felt coldness, felt another soul in plight. I cannot use words to describe it. Here is the link:

Achkerov kute.

Why Did The US Take Custody Of Nick Berg?

5-11-4

Nick Berg spoke to his parents on March 24 and said he would return home March 30. But he was detained by Iraqi police at a checkpoint in Mosul on March 24. At some point during his 13-day detention, U.S. officials took custody of him, his father said, and he was not allowed to make phone calls or contact a lawyer.

FBI (news - web sites) agents visited Berg's parents in West Chester on March 31 and told the family they were trying to confirm their son's identity. On April 5, the Bergs sued the government in federal court in Philadelphia, contending that their son was being held illegally by the U.S. military.

Berg was released the next day, and he told his parents he had not been mistreated. They did not hear from him after April 9.

The latest news and headlines from Yahoo News. Get breaking news stories and in-depth coverage with videos and photos.

1/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_american_found_8

AND

(snip)

Michael Berg lashed out at the U.S. military and Bush administration, saying his son might still be alive had he not been detained by U.S. officials in Iraq without being charged and without access to a lawyer.

Nick Berg, a small telecommunications business owner, spoke to his parents on March 24 and told them he would return home on March 30. But Berg was detained by Iraqi police at a checkpoint in Mosul on March 24. He was turned over to U.S. officials and detained for 13 days.

His father, Michael, said his son wasn't allowed to make phone calls or contact a lawyer.

FBI agents visited Berg's parents in West Chester on March 31 and told the family they were trying to confirm their son's identity. On April 5, the Bergs filed suit in federal court in Philadelphia, contending that their son was being held illegally by the U.S. military. The next day Berg was released. He told his parents he hadn't been mistreated.

Michael Berg said he blamed the U.S. government for creating circumstances that led to his son's death. He said if his son hadn't been detained for so long, he might have been able to leave the country before the violence worsened.

"I think a lot of people are fed up with the lack of civil rights this thing has caused," he said. "I don't think this administration is committed to democracy."

The Bergs last heard from their son April 9, when he said he would come home by way of Jordan.

FULL STORY http://www.pennlive.com/newsflash/pa...0077760820.xml
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

by some miracle of grace i was not able to see the clip....actually i am very happy...last time i went to "something.com" and saw those decomposing images i was fearful of being alone with my laptop for a while AND actually felt nauseous and was almost retching ...

Comment

ill tell you this....that sucked...

Comment

I heard about this yesterday on cnn and just hearing/reading about it was enough to make me completely depressed. I wouldn't want to watch the video clip on top of that. I can't even imagine what his parents and family must be going through. This is incredibly horrible, and it doesn't sound like it's going to stop aytime soon....

"The worst is coming and, God willing, the tough days are still to come. You and your soldiers will regret the day that you touched the ground of Iraq."

"For the mothers and wives of American soldiers, we tell you that we offered the U.S. administration to exchange this hostage for some of the detainees in Abu Ghraib and they refused,"

"Coffins will be arriving to you one after the other, slaughtered just like this."

In the statement, the captors refer to the abuse of Iraqi prisoners at the hands of U.S. military personnel, saying the "picture of dishonor and the news of Satanic assault on the people of Islamic men and women" will not be tolerated.

"Where is the compassion, where is the anger for God's religion, and where is the protection for Muslims' pride in the crusaders' jails?" the statement says.

"We tell you the pride of all Muslim men and women in Abu Ghraib and other jails is worth blood and souls."

cnn.com
          The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

I was going to start an all-encompassing Iraq thread but this is fine.

For the record, I completely disagree with this "war"; it was fueled by lies, ignorant fear and hypocrisy. The government lied about WMD's and mislead the people into thinking that we will be thanked. They squeezed confidence out public opinion by using the new-found fear of terrorism. And the hypocrisy! Democratic imperialism is a paradox! Here the act of promoting Democracy defeats the idea of it. It is absurd. I cannot sympathize with the agressor in such a situation. How does a country phuck up so flagrantly that the nations of the world, that once stood by its side in mourning after the tragedy of September 11th, lost all sympathy and respect for it? We should not be there killing and sacrificing youth for the greed of a few individuals and companies spending billions of dollars that could have been directed at domestic issues.

That being said, these Iraqis are a vile, naive, brainless people. There is a big difference between humiliation and decapitation! There is a big difference between shame and celebration! We, as a people, were horrified that our soldiers did what they did and submitted an apology and initiated an investigation to find and punish those involved...and it was not even murder. The Iraqis, however, killed someone brutally who was not even a soldier and are celebrating it as a victory. Phuck these people. And phuck Bush and his administration for leading the Fascist government that got us there to begin with.

Comment

This is not about Iraq at all. The jihadists got their hands on someone from the west and put on a psychological warfare show. Richard Perl was killed in the same way before there was any talk about Iraq. Whatever reason they said they did it for is propaganda. They would do what they did anyway.
              They know they can't win so they perform these acts to try to scare us, because they think we're meek, luxury and comfort seeking people.

Comment

Someone should explain to these naive Muslims just what a Jihad is so we can avoid this nonsense.

Comment

I find it very strange as to the timing of this video, since it takes pressure off the Bush administration and its own prison scandal. Mind you, you are not shown the more horrible photographs of U.S. Prisoner abuse, only the cherry picked few which are constnatly circulated. Now this beheading will relieve pressure on the Bush Admin., and it will add further fuel to the fire. Now you will see more American support for the war, more escalation, and Bush's poll numbers will rise. This is a repeat of Vietnam. And with the talk of the draft instituted next year, things don't bode too well.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

ahhh the outcome of going to a war unprepared and without exit strategy...between this and the abuse, i'm hating our militarys command.

Comment

Working...
                    X