Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Daily Journal/Diary

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dear diary,
    I actually drove to work doing 110 this morning. I didn't even know my car went up that high. So much for not speeding anymore! I was so good, early to work at 5:36 am. Only to find I left my keys next to the fridge at home. grr. I couldn't get into the building and had to freeze my butt of for 25 minutes before the security guys came and let me in. At least I got in by 6:01. Late by a minute. grr.

p.s. I could never be a teacher. I used to tutor a kid in 5th grade, and as patience isn't really a virtue I happen to possess, I used to want to bang my head into the wall because he was sooooooooooooo BAD. Made me run around after him in circles and catch him before he'd do even a single math problem. Yes, I love kids, and I'm sure I'll be more patient with my own, but usually when I try to teach people anything the first thing that comes to mind is that I will go mad screeching 'why are you soooooooo stuuuuupiiid!?!?!'. Hence, I do not teach.
    Last edited by ckBejug; 02-20-2004, 08:19 AM.
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug Dear diary,
      I actually drove to work doing 110 this morning. I didn't even know my car went up that high. So much for not speeding anymore! I was so good, early to work at 5:36 am. Only to find I left my keys next to the fridge at home. grr. I couldn't get into the building and had to freeze my butt of for 25 minutes before the security guys came and let me in. At least I got in by 6:01. Late by a minute. grr.

p.s. I could never be a teacher. I used to tutor a kid in 5th grade, and as patience isn't really a virtue I happen to possess, I used to want to bang my head into the wall because he was sooooooooooooo BAD. Made me run around after him in circles and catch him before he'd do even a single math problem. Yes, I love kids and I'm sure I'll be more patient with my own, but usually when I try to teach people anything the first thng that comes to mind is that I will go mad screeching 'why are you soooooooo stuuuuupiiid!?!?!'. Hence, I do not teach.
      Freeze your butt off dear??? Haaaa, you don't know the meaning of freeze, you Californian! Try spending a winter in NYC or better yet in Armenia.

lol about kids, I share your pain. My last babysitting experience was with a child of Lucifer, at the age of 5 he already learned how to be the most conniving little man. Once when I tried to make him eat normal dinner that his mother prepared. When I tried to take away his "artificially colored and flavored" cereal (not any different than eating crayons), he looked at me with a devilish smile and right before my eyes starting running around the apartment and intentionally spilling entire cereal on the floor. I've spent 1 hour cleaning and cursing under my breath, if it was in Armenia he would have spend 3 hours standing in the corner, but by the American standards "it might damage his self esteem" so it's a no no.

Comment

awww..i love kids...their lot better then teenagers i think...i used to babysit the kids in my neighborhood all the time...it was tough though..they were all boys....it wasnt that they acted bad...they just had too much energy that i could barely keep up with them..the only girl i ever babysitted, was so calm..all she wanted to do is play with her barbies..while the boys wanted to run around the house 50 times, play basketball, eat..run..
        b-ball..eat..run..b-ball..then finally it was time for bed...but it was still fun..my little brother still keeps me active making me play
        b-ball and baseball with him...hehehe makes me feel like a kid again

Comment

Well my kids will have to march in line. They will wear black or dark blue uniforms, so that stains on them won’t be so evident. They shall respond to a whistle and refer to their parents as Sir and Madame. They will have to eat all of their vegetables or stay at the table until their finish. They’ll have a reading hour every day and watch no TV. They will only engage in conversations with adults if allowed. They must do their own laundry and cook for themselves. Gosh I would make a really great Father someday.
          Last edited by anileve; 02-20-2004, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Dear Diary,

Anileve seems scary

Today I woke up with drool all over my pillow and proceeded to sleep walk my way to the restroom. Upon arrival I immediately stared at my sleepy self in the mirror with my eyebrows messed up, drool all over my mouth, and cheeks swollen, all in all I was diggin myself in the mirror while wearing my black and red checkered pajamas that only Walter Mathau would be wearing. Then I got down to business. After doing my restroom gymnastics it was time for me to make use of the toilet. Well, use I did, but only after did I realize we are short on the Charmin two-ply.
            Achkerov kute.

Comment

Sort of like these? By the way you might want to consider purchasing a lovely bow as your night head gear as well.

Comment

Originally posted by anileve Sort of like these? By the way you might want to consider purchasing a lovely bow as your night head gear as well.

Bingo! I see Minnie stole my style too! What can I say, I am one stylin' mouse.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by anileve Sort of like these? By the way you might want to consider purchasing a lovely bow as your night head gear as well.

Is it me, or is Minnie striking a 'slap that @$$' kindof pose? Go Minnie!
                  The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

today I decided jogging right before it started raining

yes so basically, I was soaking wet by the time I ran back to my car.

Comment

Dear Diary,

Today I heard some thrilling news from jahannam that she was under the rain! I thought that's great. I'm glad you were under the rain.
                      Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                      X