Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Saint-a-wear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saint-a-wear

London's Harrods department store has apologised to its customers for selling controversial underwear bearing images of Hindu goddesses.
    Harrods removed the underwear and swimwear range from sale after a protest by a Hindu pressure group.

Hindu Human Rights said the garments, created by Italian designer Roberto Cavalli, insulted the religion.

The store said: "We apologise to those customers who have been offended or distressed by the situation."
    I couldn’t contain myself as I was reading this one, my eyes rolled back (like Dan’s) and I let out a loud outburst of laughter. Apparently wearing an undergarment with a print of gods and goddesses is blasphemous and so significant that a Human Rights organization is getting involved in a protest against this profane act.

"When we see any image of goddesses we bow our heads with respect and here they were displayed in such an insulting way", Mr Soni said.
    Personally I don’t see anything disrespectful and appalling here, on the contrary I think it is one of the most brilliant ideas I’ve heard in my entire lifetime. What can be better than in a country where women are treated like a property, they would take off their clothes and male heads would begin lowering to the ground in respect due to the image of a goddess on a bikini a woman is wearing. Hell I would love to wear
    a bikini with Jesus’ head smack dab on my crotch, or maybe a virgin Mary, because let’s face it “the ground” or “the Bermuda triangle” IS SACRED! Otherwise chastity belts wouldn’t be invented.

Full Article

Well, you're not Hindu. They are, and they happen to not like it. I don't see why we shouldn't respect that. Being "open-minded" and thinking "outside the box" also involves respecting other people's beliefs.

I wasn't too happy when I saw the Armenian flag on thongs on armenianshop either.

Comment

is all I can say...

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants
        Well, you're not Hindu. They are, and they happen to not like it. I don't see why we shouldn't respect that. Being "open-minded" and thinking "outside the box" also involves respecting other people's beliefs.

I wasn't too happy when I saw the Armenian flag on thongs on armenianshop either.
        And what is so offensive about the Armenian flag on undergarments? Does that somehow degrade the country because one chooses to wear the image closer to his/her most intimate area? Besides wearing a goddess bikini is very honorable in a sense that you give your tools of reproduction a positive connotation rather than a taboo one everyone prescribes to them.

Comment

You see nothing wrong with it, and other people do. One thing I don't like about these "modern thinkers" is that they interpret everybody else as being wrong, because they're not as avant-garde.

There's just something about a flag on somebody's a$$ that I'm not comfortable with.

Comment

I agree with Baron Dants, but I don't see why a Human Rights group should be involved in it... I mean COME ON!!! It's more about respect than rights. Harrods has the right to put anything on their undergarments as long as they do not encourage hatred against any group (or so the laws say)... So what's the problem? Sure, the Hindus can accuse Harrod's of utter disrespect, but that's about as far as these things should go. It's a free country for EVERYONE, not just for Hindus, and other minorities. There cannot and should not be double standards.

Comment

If someone wants to wear it fine, you are in no position to tell them what they can or can't wear, or to tell a company to stop producing these because it is uncomfortable. End of debate.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Well here is one more for you, this is the one I want to get.

BUCHAREST, Romania (AP) - Authorities impounded a shipment of women's panties imprinted with an image of the Virgin Mary holding baby Jesus and plan to fine its owners for illegally selling goods with religious motifs, officials said.

Consumer protection agency officers cleared shelves of the panties during a raid in a Bucharest shopping mall Wednesday, Stefan cel Mare said.

The head of the Consumers Protection Association, Rovana Plumb, was quoted by the daily National as saying the panties represented "a breach of moral guidelines and a lack of proper respect for the Christian faith."

A priest from the Romanian Orthodox Church criticized the underwear Thursday in an interview aired on private television station Pro-TV, calling it "blasphemous."

The Turkish-manufactured white bikini TAB Briefs imprinted on the front with the image sold for 69,000 lei (US$2.09).

By law, only religious organizations are allowed to produce and sell images of Jesus and other Christian symbols. [How interesting....This is how religious authorities brainwash people by imposing their products and assigning some sort of a "seal" of moral approval due to their association with God. Bloody fools.]

Almost 90 per cent of Romanians belong to the Orthodox Church, and most of the rest are members of other Christian denominations.
                All I know is those companies are getting their free publicity and these fanatics are too ignorant to realize it.
                Last edited by anileve; 06-10-2004, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants
                  You see nothing wrong with it, and other people do. One thing I don't like about these "modern thinkers" is that they interpret everybody else as being wrong, because they're not as avant-garde.

There's just something about a flag on somebody's a$$ that I'm not comfortable with.
                  I see nothing wrong with it because I am not confined to the irrational, conventional and prude views. I don’t see why there is such a negative hype associated with private parts, they are very important assets of our bodies, and serve such significant functions. Therefore I don’t understand what exactly is so profane about wearing sacred images on those areas. To me it’s a sign of conditioning without rationalization. The majority never questions why it’s wrong, they just know that it’s wrong for them, how idiotic is that?
                  “Why is it wrong?”

Two beautiful answers I adore which may follow that question:

a.I don’t know, it’s just wrong
                  b.Because the Bible says so

I believe God gave us a functioning brain, but for some it exists for programming the word of God only and nothing beyond.

Comment

One thing I am saddened about is the ugly butt in that picture. I was hoping for something bigger and rounder.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                    X