Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Tattoos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tattoos

Gonna leave this one wide open.. just general discussion of Ink. Anyone got 'em? of what? do your parents know? how many of you don't get them because of parents? Is it right for good little armenian boys and girls to have tattoos? are meaningul tattoos beautiful?

I for one don't have any but really hope one day to get the four or five I really have my heart set on... it's just that I'm dealing with the usual mama/bapa regime that is very anti-tattoo no matter what it's off.
    "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

I do not like tattoos. At one point I was eager to get one. I no longer feel that it is 'cool'.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

There are 2 kinds of people who get ink: People who think it's "cool" and people who believe that tattoos have a deeper meaning. I am of the second group. I have a half-sleeve, full color dragon on my right arm. I have a dragon, because a dragon symbolizes the inner world of the emotions and the unconscious, represents chaos, raw destructive power, the evil inherent in the world of matter. Sometimes it is shown as coming between ourselves and hidden treasure (spiritual wisdom) or carrying off a virgin (purity) to its underground lair. Now, if everytime somebody asked me why I have a dragon, and I gave that response, they wouldn't understand. So I usually say I bought it from the ice cream man, but it won't wash off.

My first one was a small tattoo, my mom didn't care. But when I had the half-sleeve done she was mad for a day. But I don't care what others think, I did it for myself. If you care about what other people will think about what's on your body, then don't bother getting inked.

Here's quote from a book called Tattoo Nation,pretty much explains everything: Tattoos cut deep. As fantasies, as dreams, as symbolic declarations, they breathe beneath our skin. They augment our private or public lives; hidden or exposed, they come to life as erotically intimate penetrations, signs of self-invention or self-scrutiny, self-denial or self-indulgence, self-love or self-obsession. Tattoos are the ultimate artistic statements about ourselves, turning bodies into canvases of extreme self-expression. Such statements require a ritual that, in turn, requires pain. The pain is the price we pay for a fresh vision-sometimes clear, sometimes confused-of how we choose to walk through the world.

Comment

Has anyone ever tried to get rid of a tattoo? How did it go? Scar-wise etc.? I have two I want to get rid of..

Comment

Dun Dun Dun, apparently Emil's quote doesn't apply to everyone. Why do you want to get rid of them?
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

I got them done in one of my rage-phases and I'm passed that now. I regret one of them, the other is not that bad.

Comment

Only way you can remove them is with laser. It shouldn't leave a scar, but you never know.

Comment

i think tattoos a re just another way of showing off and thinking youre "cool" ...getting assimilated into a certain "in" group--i think--
                now that alot of people have them i just cant stand them anymore...both tattoos and piercings...

Comment

Don't have one and never getting one. I like my body light the way it is and don't want to have anything drawn on me.

As for tattoos being "cool", when were they ever cool? Just because someone says it's cool does not make it so. Some people I know fell under the peer pressure of getting a tattoo and now they regret it.
                  I see...

Comment

i didnt say they are cool...if i thought they were cool, would i say that i dont like them? anywhoo...i said people think they are "cool" because for example--its usually the case where some kids in high school want to get it and their parents wont let them, so they go out of what their parents say and get the tattoo-- therefore thinking they are cool...do i need to explain for people to get such a simple idea?

Comment

Working...
                    X