Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think deep down I know I would have been a lot happier if I weren't agnostic. I would have had something to believe in. If there had to be one main thing to keep me going in this life when all else has failed it would be to live for someone else, to bring happpiness to someones life knowing they wouldn't be able to live without you. Sounds corny I know but that's the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by omniscient
      I think deep down I know I would have been a lot happier if I weren't agnostic. I would have had something to believe in. If there had to be one main thing to keep me going in this life when all else has failed it would be to live for someone else, to bring happpiness to someones life knowing they wouldn't be able to live without you. Sounds corny I know but that's the way it is.

wow, it's never too late

Comment

The only reason that I live is because I was born. I wished, wish and will wish to had the power to choose not to be a human, but an alien.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson Glow
          Yeah....I've made such posts many times before....but I'd always get this wierdo who would call ME crazy for questioning such things, and breaking down the social order of existence. He'd say there is no such thing to wake up from, and to just go along with it, failing to realize we ask very similar questions, but merely answer them in different ways. Wonder where that guy went....
          You took it a little too far with your Matrix philosophy, and how everything is fake and we are in a prison. You missed the essence of my post. I am not inquiring whether or not we are robotic sheep trapped under the tyranny of a few who manipulate the Matrix, I am asking a simple question that goes to the heart of why we are here and what you believe.

That isn't to say we shouldn't question. Everything within us and without us ought to stir our minds to admiration and wonder for we are a mystery within mysteries. What can one point to that is not a mystery in someway? The simple connection of mind with matter is a mystery, as is the power of thought, as are memories and dreams which are indistinct echoes of dead memories, but question we shall.
          Last edited by Anonymouse; 08-29-2004, 02:08 PM.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

we are here simply to spread love and reach a higher level of consciousness and become more Godlike (that is the ultimate goal for all of us, but individually we learn different lessons, different set of circumstances which all converge to the core of why we are here)...it's hard! and painful at times! to let go of the ego...

the challenge of life is to always be loving and God like with our words and our actions, and we all fall short of this, thus we are human, not God...kind o' reminds me of that slogan WWJD? (what would Jesus do)

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
              we are here simply to spread love and reach a higher level of consciousness and become more Godlike (that is the ultimate goal for all of us, but individually we learn different lessons, different set of circumstances which all converge to the core of why we are here)...it's hard! and painful at times! to let go of the ego...

the challenge of life is to always be loving and God like with our words and our actions, and we all fall short of this, thus we are human, not God...kind o' reminds me of that slogan WWJD? (what would Jesus do)
              While the ego is enough to thwart man from the common goal, the purpose of all religion is humility, hence the belief in God, in family, in loving kindness, which are hallmarks of selflessness not selfishness, for as omniscient pointed it out, it is living for something or someone other than yourself. Thus, to those with the erroneous opinion that man is only a selfish being, you have only to look at your parents and the sacrifices they have made to understand the selflessness of love. We are selfish, and altruistic, for striking out one while keeping the other would be striking out a principle of human nature.

However, the point of this thread was more geared to what is the purpose of all this running around? Why do we seek success, status, or even wealth and influence? The toss up was between practicality and spirituality. And I think thus far we all realize that it would be an empty quest merely seeking to acquire wealth or become successful and have your efforts and work pay off, if you did not intend to pursue lofty goals to live past your life or have spiritual ends in sight. It is the soul reaching out and asking for freedom.
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by XxgoeyxX
                Funny thats what my religious studies professor said in my Buddhism class.

Oo and I agree!
                Are you serious?

I didn't take that from anywhere, I thought of that and wrote it down in my post.

I tend to get a bit philosophical at times when the moment comes.

Comment

well, that's 'simple!'...on our quest for happiness we pursue wealth, career, status, fame, "love" ...etc. it's seeking 'what's out there' to fulfill 'what's in here' (the heart).

while these material things do bring some level of happiness and joy and excitement and ecstacy...they often don't last; thus our perpetual quest for things outside to fulfill that which is satiated only by looking within...

i.e. looking good or looking good in a newer car, or being with a great looking person, or a better paying job or a job with more prestige than the next person are all potential reasons that put us in this crazy race to 'get there'..wherever 'there' is!

it's all an attempt to buy inner peace! again the source of which is internal, yet we continually seek the outside world to fulfill it...

it's like love...the only place you know it dwells is within your own heart; everything else is an illusion and only a perception; doesn't mean other people cannot love us, it just means that to truely KNOW love and inner peace one needs to look within himself/herself; no one else can describe it for you or explain it to you!

all poems and essays and works of art and music merely evoke what we already have within us, for we are all beings of light; often it is said we came from dust, but if you really think about it, we are of the light and it is that light that binds us all and enables us to feel empathy and compassion for those we've never met simply because they are part of our human family; it is a loving light emanating kindess and peace; only if we were more aligned with our loving nature this world would be paradise...

Comment

Originally posted by hyebruin
                    well, that's 'simple!'...on our quest for happiness we pursue wealth, career, status, fame, "love" ...etc. it's seeking 'what's out there' to fulfill 'what's in here' (the heart).

while these material things do bring some level of happiness and joy and excitement and ecstacy...they often don't last; thus our perpetual quest for things outside to fulfill that which is satiated only by looking within...

i.e. looking good or looking good in a newer car, or being with a great looking person, or a better paying job or a job with more prestige than the next person are all potential reasons that put us in this crazy race to 'get there'..wherever 'there' is!

it's all an attempt to buy inner peace! again the source of which is internal, yet we continually seek the outside world to fulfill it...

it's like love...the only place you know it dwells is within your own heart; everything else is an illusion and only a perception; doesn't mean other people cannot love us, it just means that to truely KNOW love and inner peace one needs to look within himself/herself; no one else can describe it for you or explain it to you!

all poems and essays and works of art and music merely evoke what we already have within us, for we are all beings of light; often it is said we came from dust, but if you really think about it, we are of the light and it is that light that binds us all and enables us to feel empathy and compassion for those we've never met simply because they are part of our human family; it is a loving light emanating kindess and peace; only if we were more aligned with our loving nature this world would be paradise...
                    Yup...quite true.

Comment

Originally posted by Genuine_Stud
                      Are you serious?

I didn't take that from anywhere, I thought of that and wrote it down in my post.

I tend to get a bit philosophical at times when the moment comes.

Lol she didnt say it in those words. But the whole semester we talked about why we are human, what makes us human and divine. so what you wrote was just what we came up with at the end.
                      You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

Working...
                      X