Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Iraq war and our families

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iraq war and our families

Hi... my cousin is in the army and next month he is going to Iraq wth a return date for next year... he just had a kid a month ago and i am deeply saddened by this...

Is there anyone else that has family or friends that are going to Iraq or have gone to iraq???

Originally posted by nunechka
    Hi... my cousin is in the army and next month he is going to Iraq wth a return date for next year... he just had a kid a month ago and i am deeply saddened by this...

Is there anyone else that has family or friends that are going to Iraq or have gone to iraq???

First of, I want to say I am sorry. I hope he returns home safe and sound.

And no I dont have family thats in Iraq. But two of my High School friends are there. One of them came home for a 3 month stay. She is going to go back next month I believe.
    You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

that sucks that she is going back... does she want to??? did she tell you how it was??? i've heard horrible things from the soldiers... no one wants to go...

they told me that they dont get enough food, weapons, body armor, helmits... everything is really BAD! there... and this one guy said that he accidentally killed 7 people because he heard a shot behind him and he just turned around and shot at random people walking on the street, but he is out of there now because he claimed that he is emotionally disturbed from it...

i am a little scared...

and everytime i watch FOX, they make it look like the opposite they say everything is going good, while in the mean time i hear from people who've been there and they say that people die on a daily basis... i dont know...

-nune-

Comment

The American empire is a stupid Empire, and only a tool for Israel. This Iraq war was nothing more than Israeli imperialism cloaked in the mantle of "American democracy". Unless this country unleashes itself from the shackles of Jewish supremacy, then its future does not bode too well. As you can see, now the Zionists are trying to get America embroiled in yet another war, this time with Iran. It will never end, and the stakes and body bags will keep rising.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by nunechka
          that sucks that she is going back... does she want to??? did she tell you how it was??? i've heard horrible things from the soldiers... no one wants to go...

they told me that they dont get enough food, weapons, body armor, helmits... everything is really BAD! there... and this one guy said that he accidentally killed 7 people because he heard a shot behind him and he just turned around and shot at random people walking on the street, but he is out of there now because he claimed that he is emotionally disturbed from it...

i am a little scared...

and everytime i watch FOX, they make it look like the opposite they say everything is going good, while in the mean time i hear from people who've been there and they say that people die on a daily basis... i dont know...

-nune-

She says she doesnt want to go back but has to for the next two years. Her sister is also in the Navy..so you got two from the family that are over there.

I asked her how was it. She said it was horrible. It's hard hearing stuff like that. And I didnt know what to say to her. I thanked her for her work and I told her to be safe. And she is so young....only 21 you know. What does a 21 year old know about war much less the 18 year olds that are over there. It was hard to hear her talk....but it was a big suprise when she called. Her voice change. I felt like i was talking to a different person. She has gone through and done something I could never do. Maybe I could for the love of my country. But I would do it for Armenia.

And I have stopped watching Fox. I cant take it anymore. I know its bad becuse we have to know whats going on over there. So my dad watches and tells me everything. Other then that I watch the news a few times in the week.

And what makes me scared is that something might happen to her. But yours is different...yours is family. Im so sorry.
          You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.

Comment

i dont know either... i just called one of my cousins in Armenia and her and i are both really sad about this... people in armenia are so much mroe informed about the truth of the war then we are here in the U.S. even in the villiges...

the TV and radio in Armenia is pretty good... the report everything and when i went there i realized that here in the U.S. truth and honest journalizm has failed miserably and the dumb people in the U.S. are falling for everything...

that was another plus of Armenia, you can turn on the radio and catch the russian, french, german news... turn on the TV and watch news being reported without a lobby group behind them... it was nice to hear the truth, but it was sad to know that the U.S. is one of the worst human rights countries... think about it... starting from the native americans, all the way to iraq... mass murders, killings and unjust wars (vietman, iraq, japan, korea, etc...)

Comment

Japan? Come on Japan deserved the war, yes not the a bomb, but the war they did.

Comment

holy xxxx people, that is the point... the bomb is the point... germany killed a lot of jews but they dont have as bad a record of human rights as the good ol' U.S.A.

Comment

Ya but theyre Asians who cares, haha kidding.

Comment

As far as family in Iraq.....

I had family from my dad's side living in Iraq. They all left and went to Armenia during the first few weeks of the war.

As far as family going to Iraq...

I have a cousin in the U.S. Air Force.

Comment

Working...
                    X