Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

RIP Chris Reeves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NarEkoO
    that's just fukked up...
    Indeed. Isn't it?

Okay now for my respects. RIP Chris Reeve, and don't forget your Superman cape on earth.
    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
      Indeed. Isn't it?

Okay now for my respects. RIP Chris Reeve, and don't forget your Superman cape on earth.
      Too late, someone just sold it on E-Bay.
      "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by patlajan
        All human beings start their lives from a single cell, called the zygote, which is formed after fertilization. The zygote divides and forms two cells; each of those cells divides again, and so on. Pretty soon, about five days after conception, there is hollow ball of about 150 cells called the blastocyst. The blastocyst is smaller than a grain of sand and contains two types of cells, the trophoblast and the inner cell mass. Embryonic stem cells are the cells that make up the inner cell mass. As embryonic stem cells can form all cell types in an adult, they are referred to as pluripotent stem cells.

Here's a link: http://www.isscr.org/science/faq.htm

If they can get stem cells from non embryonic sources, that's fine with me.
        Yes, it's so much more beneficial to society to flush these cells that are unused after in-vitro down the sink basin, rather than use them to someday help those who are suffering. As long as there are regulations on the use and 'creation' of stem cells, such as only those that aren't put to use in fertilization should be used, then why should there be a problem?? Why discard of something that can give people such precious ease from pain and suffering and a more fruitful life? And don't giver me b.s. about how there will be a black market for embryos and mothers will abort their children in order to make money off selling the stem cells or somesuch inane thing like that because you well know that we live in such a society that even if the use of stem cells was completely illegal someone somewhere would find a way to black market it, just as happens with other 'illegal' things.
        The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
          Yes, it's so much more beneficial to society to flush these cells that are unused after in-vitro down the sink basin, rather than use them to someday help those who are suffering. As long as there are regulations on the use and 'creation' of stem cells, such as only those that aren't put to use in fertilization should be used, then why should there be a problem?? Why discard of something that can give people such precious ease from pain and suffering and a more fruitful life? And don't giver me b.s. about how there will be a black market for embryos and mothers will abort their children in order to make money off selling the stem cells or somesuch inane thing like that because you well know that we live in such a society that even if the use of stem cells was completely illegal someone somewhere would find a way to black market it, just as happens with other 'illegal' things.
          Aggreed. I swear, not to sound too dramatic, but anytime the subject comes up, I'll always hear Michael J Fox's comment during his speech where he said "Please, don't take my hope away." I will ALWAYS support embryonic stem cell research.

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
            It is my understanding that the embrios already present are legal for use. But this is not what the argument is about at all. It is about respecting life, and the argument of when life begins. There should be very very very stringent controls on how these cells are used. And definetly never be created for the purpose of testing. That is plain evil to me.

If payment for embrios is made illegal, that should take care of the black market porblem. Why blackmarket something that is free. Those abortions shouldn't be wasted on the other hand.

Comment

this issue really irritates me cuz it wouldn't even be an issue if it wasn't for the right wing conservatives yet again throwing their 'moral values' disguised under religion at the face of society and trying to become the "moral police" of the country! i am sick of these extremists who don't understand sh!t about science and close their eyes and open their mouths with their very narrow myopic view of the world! some of these same idiots would probably deny blood transfusion to their children and let them die first before becoming "tainted." ...bunch of losers, make me sick!

Comment

As Bill Maher said, "as if God would care about what we do with a little bit of microscopic goo"

Comment

i really cant have an opinion because i dont know the detailed facts yet.
                  first i have to clear the hot air to reason. all i see on TV is left calling right zealots, and right calling the left amoral bastards.
                  how the hell am i supposed to understand the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by garegin
                    i really cant have an opinion because i dont know the detailed facts yet.
                    first i have to clear the hot air to reason. all i see on TV is left calling right zealots, and right calling the left amoral bastards.
                    how the hell am i supposed to understand the issue.
                    Exactly. Political reps are not on tv because they want you to understand. Television like any other media is mostly a tool to get their message into your head. Whatever their message happens to be.

Comment

I was talking to my friend today who told me something somewhat creepy. He was out in westwood shooting something when he came across a newstand that just happened to be selling old issues of the "Death of Superman" and "World without a Superman" mini series from DC comics. Being a huge DC comics fan, he bought them up and went home to read them. While reading her remembered how powerful those stories were, even two decades after they were written. however he found it odd that the newstand had these two mini series but not the ending of the trilogy which was "The Return of Superman." Then he turned on the T.V. and the first thing he saw was "Christopher Reeves Dead." It was certainly an eerie experience for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X