Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Finding happiness in yourself? Others? Etc... (Split from Quarterlife Crisis)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finding happiness in yourself? Others? Etc... (Split from Quarterlife Crisis)

Originally posted by patlajan
    Every once in a while I'm sitting at me desk at work, and I wonder what the hell I'm doing with myself. Then I go out on my lunchbreak and I look around at other people who appear to be bored out of their skull. I can't help but wonder if this is what being an "adult" is like.

So is this it? Was this what all the big preparation in college was for? The money is nice, but it's not like I want to buy anything. In fact I can't think of anything I really want. I go to work come back and the days seem to melt together. Am I the only one going through a quasi quater life crisis or what?
    Many people feel this way every now and then.... Personally, if I didn't have my girlfriends life would suck! Family too... so you need some good people to hang out with and talk to. In my case, I'm so much happier and satisfied when there is someone special in my life, it's the best feeling it's like you have something to look forward to. Other than that just enjoy life man, go out do whatever makes you happy, cuz you only live once and you can never get these days back once they're gone...
    Last edited by ckBejug; 11-03-2004, 04:12 PM.

Originally posted by gaucho
    that might be working for you. which would definitely mean you're a weak person. life would suck if you didn't have your friend?
    you are one dependant being. the epitomy of insecurity.
    at least don't give it to people as an advice.
    yes having friends and family is a good thing. but your happiness shouldn't in any way depend on them. listen now or you'll regret it later!
    if you keep goin on like this...I know for a fact you're getting hurt soon.
    cheers
    Who died and made you queen psychiatrist? There is nothing wrong with feeling happier and more satisfied because there are special people in your life who make you happy and who you care about and like to spend time with. You're exaggerating a bit much there, Miss gaucho. It's not like she said she would crawl into a ditch and wait there to die while wallowing in misery if she didn't have friends and family in her life! There is, of course, something to be said about being happy even when you are alone and loving your own company and not depending on others to make your life worth living. But what Catwoman was saying is a far cry from a loney miser who needs to be surrounded by people she can depend on to make her life worth living. No matter how much a person may like him or herself and be happy and content regardless of the people in his/her life, company of friend, a family member, love and caring, surrounding yourself with warm and happy people who share your life with you as you share in theirs, there are things that make life even better and more worthwhile, don't forget that.
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
      Who died and made you queen psychiatrist? ...
      HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! that was pretty funny to read this after reading guaco's post.. lol.. oh what great fun it is to be here...

Friends are the devil.. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
      How do you hurt a masochist?
      -By leaving him alone.Forever.

Comment

Wow gaucho... that was HARSH
        Read CkBejug's reply, that's all I can say.... and for your information, having friends, family, and a significant other with whom you enjoy life more than you would alone doesn't make you weak, dependant, or insecure.... Social maybe, but the words you used, never. Your reply to my post was ridiculous, and that's an understatement!

Comment

that might be working for you. which would definitely mean you're a weak person. life would suck if you didn't have your friend?
          you are one dependant being. the epitomy of insecurity.
          at least don't give it to people as an advice.
          yes having friends and family is a good thing. but your happiness shouldn't in any way depend on them. listen now or you'll regret it later!
          if you keep goin on like this...I know for a fact you're getting hurt soon.
          cheers
          You are an over zealous, judgemental idiot... so you fit in well on this forum
          "All I know is I'm not a Marxist." -Karl Marx

Comment

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984
            Speak for yourself.. DAMN!
            How do you hurt a masochist?
            -By leaving him alone.Forever.

Comment

Originally posted by HyeJinx1984

haha...haa

Actually she has been controlling herself quite a bit -this time around.

Comment

no...what catwoman was saying was this:

what does that mean?
                that her happiness depends on the presence of the girlfriend in her life.
                is that bad?
                yes, because happiness is the one thing we live for. Every choice we make in our lives is out of our want of being happy/ier and if she's simply handing that to someone else, then she's being dependant.
                Wrong. First of all, if you think happiness is what we live for then your life must be a very difficult one my friend. If your end goal is this strive for happiness, then I must say I don't envy you. I can't believe someone who said life would suck without friends got such a rise out of you as to claim that she was dependant on others to provide for her as it was obvious she couldn't do for herself (as apparently you have been so successful of doing so far). Oh my God I can't even put into words how stupid and excessive whatever you said sounds.

you tell me I have exaggerated. I think YOURS was an overstatement and you've taken what I said and have turned it into this massive life and death issue trying to appeal to people's feelings.(I wish I remembered the correct philosophical fallacy term for that)
                it was my opinion and it still is. happiness is a valuable thing. no one should depend on someone else to attain it.
                now you could either buy what I said or insist on what YOU said for the simple fact that you ALSO have someone in your life who has your happiness, and you refuse to listen because I give you the reality. and one day you might lose that person and your happiness with them.
                innerstrength and happiness go hand in hand.
                Uhm, no. Notice how yours was the only post that everyone reacted to as if it was utter and complete crap? I think the only one suffering from exaggeration is you. Oooooh life would suck without my good friend, oh man, I guess saying that means I don't like myself and I would be so so so unhappy if I didn't have them in my life. Good one. Where did you pick up this mastery to read a persons personality from a single sentence?? No one is going to 'buy' what you said because it is nonsensical b.s. Also, you think I am responding to your post because I am a happy person only because I have someone in my life who I love and who loves me back? Thanks for the good laugh. Contrary to what you believe, I was a perfectly happy and content and successful and incredibly joyous human being with and without my boyfriend, and yes, I've been the same way with and without my friends. Perhaps you've grown accustomed to being around people who need others in their life to make their lives worthwhile, so I suggest you stop judging other people by the same low standards you have reserved for them.
                The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

it's understandable, you don't read enough. you gotta get out of that lab environment once in a while... u know
                  lets see... (and I'm really curious here):
                  what do you live for ckbejug? tell me.

P.S. way to respond to my comments by calling them crap and B.S.
                  chojoukhneroo bes.
                  no logical reasoning whatsoever.
                  it's all good Mrs "administrator" . anyway.
                  haha I just thought of something.
                  you're gonna call me a PSYCHIATRIST and a mind reader AGAIN cuz I said you don't read enough.
                  lemme save your speech real fast.
                  if you'd read a single philosophy book about man's existence and its reasoning you wouldn't make this ridiculous comment:

but I still ask you to answer my question:
                  what do you live for?
                  Please

I don't read enough? You're sadly mistaken, not to mention reaching for straws here. Yeah I don't live for being happy every second of my life and I don't strive for happiness, that's not my goal. I strive to live my life, whether it be happy or unhappy, I strive for knowledge and intelligence, I strive to find beauty wherever it may be found and I strive to work my ass off, in my lab environment, you're correct, to be able to ease pain and suffering by working to discover the nitty gritty of how the human body works and what can be done to cure disease, to ease the pain of others, remember that? that there are other people in this world less fortunate than yourself who do not have the privelage of finding happiness for themselves because they are too busy being sick? Some people are not so selfish in their daily pursuits. Maybe you should realize that.

As for calling your raving crap, that was me as a regular poster responding with my honest opinion. I did not criticize your words as a moderator, I did that as a fellow poster. Two different things. If anyone here was being illogical in their response, it was you. What's the point of my staying here if I cannot respond with my honest opinion about what you wrote?

Comment

Ladies ladies, can't we all get along?

Comment

Working...
                    X