Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Underage Drinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ah cmon man, no straight vodka?
    as for the niece, give her some bacardi 151, i myself didnt want to drink after a shot of that stuff.
    as for you nairi, try a cranberry martini, most of the girls i know love that stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by TigranJamharian
      ah cmon man, no straight vodka?
      as for the niece, give her some bacardi 151, i myself didnt want to drink after a shot of that stuff.
      Nah, well only certain types. I do like the Absolut with the different flavors. But none of those armenian/russian, eg Smirnoff straight stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by nairi
        ... I never liked the taste of alcohol and still don't. I don't care about being rude in refusing a drink.
        Note to self: Scratch the getting Nairi drunk idea. Need a new plan.
        this post = teh win.

Comment

Trust me, it was stronger than vodka!! And she's had some of that too and loved it! I think you either have it or you don't. My brother liked alcohol as a baby/kid too. I didn't. I never liked it.

Gtracer, don't give me that crap. I have tried every drink under the sun and have not come across anything that I like. The smell of it alone makes me sick. Thank god my friends stopped bugging me to try their favorite "weak" drinks to find out I hate it.
          Last edited by nairi; 11-08-2004, 05:28 PM.

Comment

Get me stoned instead Sip I'll happily pass out on your lap

Comment

Originally posted by loseyourname
              If that's the reasoning behind it, I suppose it would make no sense, but there are many people out there who actually like the taste of certain beverages and like the feel of a decent buzz who never act like idiots. Where do you live? Joliet? I'm getting the impression from your posts that your region must have the lowest collective IQ of any place in the world if it's really the way you describe it.
              How do you know about Joliet? And no, I don't live there. I live a good 30 minutes North of there. Very stuck-up, white yuppie Chicago suburb town (home of the upper middle class income, with upper upper class attitudes, as I like to call it). And come on, Adam. I think you know most people don't refer to wines as "drinking", even thought it's still alcohol. I have recently started experimenting with wines, myself. So far, all I've remotely liked is Cabernet.

Anwway, this has nothing to do with any particular region. It's simply the American way (so I don't know why a lot of you keep referring to it as an Armenian thing). People's lives revolve around perpetuating an image, and anyone that doesn't try to achieve the same is labeled "a wierdo", of "freak". You're looked upon as the outcast if you don't like alcohol, even though drinking makes no sense what-so-ever. I have yet to see a legitamet reason out of anyone. Health benefits? Yes, but that again is referring to a form of alcohol not usually perceived by people as part of "drinking".

Originally posted by TigranJamharian
              People that say that others drink just to look cool and that all alchohol tastes bad ovbiously dont know what the hell they are talking about it. I highly doubt that Jesus and his "homeboys" were chillin and drinking wine all day long to be all gangsta and cool.
              No, but I also highly doubt he was downing gin and juice, or rum and coke, or putting away a Vodka on the rocks. As I mentioned above, wine is not really considered by most as "drinking". You're not going to find anyone taking shots of Merlot at a bar, or toasting to Shiraz at a frat party. So let's not even put that ridiculous comparison of "back in Jesus' day" into the picture. You know damn well what is meant by "drinking".

I may not be a religous experimenter in alcohol, but throughout the years, I've tried a great many a drinks. Shots, mixed, beers, etc. They all tasted like garbage, most likely because I'm sitting here thinking how much better the drink would taste without the flavor of the alcohol ruining it, and why one would put themselves through this. Whether you think it's "pretty good for alcohol", or not, the fact remains that that same drink would taste way better without the alcohol. So you gotta' give me a better reason than taste. Which leads us to the main reason people drink.....

Originally posted by Baron Dants
              Alcohol is fun. Nothing to do with trying to be cool or fitting in, it's just fun to make toasts with friends and to laugh the night away. And yes, the next day, I remember all what happened and no, I am not throwing up.....If you drink within your limits, and are enjoying yourself, who cares?

PLUS, drinking makes you dance better.
              (Nere indz, Baron Dants. The flollowing is meant in general, not towards you personally). I guess that's the problem I have right there. I'm big on permanent solutions, not temporary cover-ups. I don't want something to alter my approach to life on a temporary basis/only while it's in my system (I'm shocked, but glad to see several people think likewise). If you're not enjoying yourself without the aid of alcohol, then maybe something else is wrong. If you need chemicals to "let loose", maybe you should look deeper into yourself, and find out why you're not like that all the time....or...at least when the situation permits, but point being, without a chemical to allow it. If I were to tell you LSD allows me to enjoy myself, let loose, and have a good time, would that be seen as ok by everyone? If you find "escape" as an acceptable reason for using a substance/alcohol, why shouldn't they?

When me and my friends hang out, I'm one of the very few who won't drink, even though they'll keep pushing me to. Yet, I'm the one making them laugh so hard that they loose what little control they had left over their bladder, and inspiring comments like "duuude, what are you smoking???"

The answer is....nothing. There is no reason someone can't be funny, creative, laid back, casual, spurratic, random, etc without being under the influence of anything other than their own consciousness. When I hang out with friends, I'm already relaxed, and eased of tension. And the creative humor is always there for me. I don't need alcohol to hit my system in order for either of those to happen. Guess I'm just confused as to why so many others do.

Oh....and I've seen drunken dancers, Baron, and I beg to differ with you.

Comment

If I were a terrorist, I would tie you up and force feed you Vodka.
                Achkerov kute.

Comment

HOw bout overage drinking? what u think o that?

seeing old drunk people try to dance is funn-ay

Comment

It's clear Crimson is way too serious about this. He claims he has still not seen a legitimate reason for drinking. No reason will ever convince you oh pious one. It would be like me saying, I still see no reason for why someone shouldn't have an occasional drink. I see no good reason.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

just go jump off a cliff please- im sure u drink too- even a sip- so stop criricizing...maybe no reason 4 drinking- but its jsut what peole do- may not be right bt people do it... so lets have a drink to that and fowget aboot it!- u can have a virgin margarits if ud like..if no alchol 4 u....i respect that- but lets not question stupid things peole do- caue theres no point in it- cause its stupid and people do it...end o story dont worry be happy !!

Comment

Working...
                      X