Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Still Living At Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm living with my parents for the next two months, but I've only lived here for maybe a year at most out of the last five. I'm hardly home as it is, and it doesn't seem to make much of a difference to them. They have other kids, after all, not to mention lives of their own.

Comment

Bejug is right...If you see your family once in a while it won't be that harsh for your mother?

In fact maybe it's the best choice to move out since your mother would probably like to live without always looking after you...

Make sure to buy her a dog or something when you'll leave....it could be some company or just remind her of you

Comment

Originally posted by violette829
        Oh I don't have any rules and I'm not regulated in my house by anyone. I can come and go as I please. It's just a different feeling when you're living alone. I wanna come home to a clean, empty house, created by me. Now, everyday I have to go home, clean, make sure there's dinner, if not, I have to cook...It's just getting to me.

Ck: You definitely shouldn't think about it. Especially if your bf has a place of his own, it's gonna be a total waste. I get what you mean..
        Ahh, see I don't have that problem. Nowadays I work so long that by the time I get home my parents and grandparents are usually asleep or going to bed. As for the clean house, even with seven people in it it hardly gets used except for the weekends and then I don't mind cleaning around. It was much MUCH worse when I had the dirtiest roomates from hell in college and I had to move out to get away from the mess. Also, I would rather not live alone. I am the kind of person who can go to the movies alone and enjoy my own company but living alone is a much different thing I doubt I would ever be comfortable with. One thing I do miss is having my own place to throw parties. But my two best friends who live together have an apartment with a loft (which is my makeshift bedroom, hehe) in Bev Hills and it's perfect for parties, so I can't complain too much.
        Last edited by ckBejug; 11-18-2004, 03:42 PM.
        The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by !EEK
          Bejug is right...If you see your family once in a while it won't be that harsh for your mother?

In fact maybe it's the best choice to move out since your mother would probably like to live without always looking after you...

Make sure to buy her a dog or something when you'll leave....it could be some company or just remind her of you
          Ok, I know you mean well, lol, but with your broken english you've managed to tell violette her mom probably can't wait to get rid of her then you compared her to a dog by saying the dog would remind her mother of her. LOL. hilarious.
          The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
            So, yeah, until I go out of state to graduate school and/or get married, I'm actually fine with living at home as long as I can get away and be with friends and no family on weekends, because mom dad sister and grandparents can get to be a bit much sometimes.
            My parents have all but given up with the whining about my not being at home. What's the difference if I'm at a friend's or sitting in my room w/ the door closed? They get me like one night a week for dinner and Sunday til 2 or 3... That's enough.

I'm going to have to move if I go out of state too and it looks a little more likely than I thought originally. I barely make enough money now... I can't wait til I have to pay rent.
            [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
            -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Originally posted by ckBejug
              Ok, I know you mean well, lol, but with your broken english you've managed to tell violette her mom probably can't wait to get rid of her then you compared her to a dog by saying the dog would remind her mother of her. LOL. hilarious.
              But I really mean that! I know my english isn't perfect but at least I know the sense of my sentences...and here I ment that...but in a nice way...violette knows I like her . And about the pets, most people do that kind of stuff

Comment

I totally got what he was trying to say and don't think he was comparing me to a dog.

Anywho, yes living alone is nice. I need to think about this more now...hmm..EEK you got me thinking..

Comment

Originally posted by violette829
                  I totally got what he was trying to say and don't think he was comparing me to a dog.

Anywho, yes living alone is nice. I need to think about this more now...hmm..EEK you got me thinking..
                  Not especially a dog but rememeber when I called you a "sex beast" ?

Anywho you know that one day you must get out of the family house...Try to pay a visit to house/appartments being on the market and have a general feel of the place. You know, decorating your own house is really a fun and rewarding

Comment

violette, i dont live with parents either, actually my parents live in fresno, and i am in pasadena...

but moving out was hard, and now i appreciate my parents more, but i would not want to move back in... i am more mature now... my parents treat me like an adult, i am more respected, etc... although being a girl and moving out was really hard on my family...

i see them as much as i used to, i wouldnt leave my room and so they would say "nune why are you being so antisocial, come out and sit with us" and when i would go out, they would say "you are always going out"
                    I LOVE MY PARENTS! they are sooo funny...

i drive up to fresno every so now and then and they come to LA to visit me and other family members...

if you want some motivation or a good woman to woman talk PM and i'll help ya out violette...

Comment

Sooo cute!!! Why are you being anti-social nune?

Comment

Working...
                      X