Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Who plans on going back home?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI FLAMES!!!

hehe

and what better motivational song than rouben hakhverdian's "Sa Yerevann E"?

sa Yerevann e, mer verchin hankrvann e...

or what about Badalian's "Gnank Yerkir Hayastan"?

Comment

I just thought of something...

With the exception of Baron Dants (since you said that you've never been to Armenia, while making it perfectly clear how patriotic you are), how many of you on here who were born outside of Armenia feel that you would like to go back, or feel any type of connection with the motherland?

I assume that the majority (NOT ALL) of people born outside of Armenia are used to the feeling of living in a foreign country, and really don't feel as much of a love toward Armenia. If I offend anyone, please forgive me, for that is not my intent. I do know that being born in Armenia does not automatically make you have the feelings that I mentioned. If I am wrong in this, please tell me (this was an impulsive little question I typed out without analyzing it, so I might be wrong to assume).

I spent my childhood in Armenia, and the sweetest memories that I possess are from that time. A large portion of the fact that I feel an almost magnetic force toward Armenia is due to this...which is why I brought forth the above question.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Dants

and what better motivational song than rouben hakhverdian's "Sa Yerevann E"?
        "isg yes seeroum em abrel eem gyanke Lkvadz ou moot ais kaghakoom
        oor ints siroum en yev havadoum en
        oor im yerkern en ter yerkoom...
        eem oonetsadze eem chounetsadze ais kaghakoom em yes bahoom
        yes eem abradze oo yerazadze
        ter eem lezvov em yes yerkoom..."

and that's as good as lyrics can get!
        GOD BLESS ROUPEN! Amen

Comment

Originally posted by sSsflamesSs

With the exception of Baron Dants (since you said that you've never been to Armenia, while making it perfectly clear how patriotic you are), how many of you on here who were born outside of Armenia feel that you would like to go back, or feel any type of connection with the motherland?

I assume that the majority (NOT ALL) of people born outside of Armenia are used to the feeling of living in a foreign country, and really don't feel as much of a love toward Armenia. If I offend anyone, please forgive me, for that is not my intent. I do know that being born in Armenia does not automatically make you have the feelings that I mentioned. If I am wrong in this, please tell me (this was an impulsive little question I typed out without analyzing it, so I might be wrong to assume).

I spent my childhood in Armenia, and the sweetest memories that I possess are from that time. A large portion of the fact that I feel an almost magnetic force toward Armenia is due to this...which is why I brought forth the above question.
          it's Ironic ... I think it's the opposite way around...
          I was born in California, raised in Syria...but now I'm back in California...
          but when I first went to Haiastan last summer... I can't even put in words how I felt...
          I surprised myself by the way I felt...
          at one point... I couldn't throw the kleenex I had in my hand on the streets of Yerevan, cuz it felt like it was MY street and I wanted to keep it clean...
          the heghapokhagan songs we sang during camp at puragan FINALLY had meaning... they made sense... they made all of us cry for we were to stay there only tomporarily...
          meanwhile... Haiastanee joghovourt would tell us we're crazy... they would approach us and ask us if we wanted to marry their kids lol and take em to "California" with us...
          It's just like anything else... You won't know the value of something until you lose it...
          they're there... it's not a dream for them....

Comment

Originally posted by jahannam
            Originally posted by sSsflamesSs

it's Ironic ... I think it's the opposite way around...
            I was born in California, raised in Syria...but now I'm back in California...
            but when I first went to Haiastan last summer... I can't even put in words how I felt...
            I surprised myself by the way I felt...
            at one point... I couldn't throw the kleenex I had in my hand on the streets of Yerevan, cuz it felt like it was MY street and I wanted to keep it clean...
            the heghapokhagan songs we sang during camp at puragan FINALLY had meaning... they made sense... they made all of us cry for we were to stay there only tomporarily...
            meanwhile... Haiastanee joghovourt would tell us we're crazy... they would approach us and ask us if we wanted to marry their kids lol and take em to "California" with us...
            It's just like anything else... You won't know the value of something until you lose it...
            they're there... it's not a dream for them....
            Jahannam, I did not mean the people living in Armenia vs. the people living in the Diaspora. It is a given that I appreciate Armenia A LOT more now then I did when I lived there. I am guilty of that. You are completely correct in saying that you do not know the value of something until you lose it. I don't know about anyone else, but that's very true for me (and I feel guilty that I did not feel this way ALL the time). As far as what I meant, I was referring to people living in the Diaspora who were BORN in Armenia vs. the people living in the Diaspora who were born in the Diaspora. And like I said before, I am not claiming anything here, just curious of what others have to say. Offense is not my motive.

Comment

Re: Who plans on going back home?

Do you see how you're contradicting yourself? You say that no one cares about Armenia, and no one wants to go back, yet you still tell me not to go back either. Is the situation better in Azerbaidjan? Or what about Georgia? You still are not able to accept that Armenia is in TRANSITION. If you were expecting capitalistic "heaven" one year after independance, then Armenia is not to blame for that. And if you're expecting somebody else to go fix it for you, then a wake-up call might be needed. This just proves what anonymouse has been saying all along about sacrifice. No one's willing to make them. The only cause people have now is theirselves.

Ok then, go and live there, its very easy to say that "is nice to go back". U didnt live there thats y ur talking, if u had felt on ur skin the unfair and unequal way of life u wouldnt say that.

Comment

alright, I don't feel like quoting people, so I'll adress you one by one
                fireburntinhell, I never said living there was easy (especially in the first years after independance). HOWEVER, you have moved to California, you have received proper education, AND ON TOP OF IT ALL, you have seen what Armenia was lacking. You are, in my humble opinion, in the best position to do something about it. If you remember life being as hard as it was, then surely you would be ready to make it easier for those still living there. But then again, it is all up to you. You can always stay in California, go to a Harout barahantes once every 3 months, and then complain about the corrupted politicians in Armenia.

flames, interesting question. I guess it is true that many armenians born in the diaspora did get used to living there, and feel at home wherever they are. But that is all in the way they have been brought up. At my house, with roupen matevosian music playing 24/7 and with the enooormous love of Armenia my parents have for Armenia, as well as all the community involvement, you get the feeling that Armenia is actually where you belong. It is weird, but I have a lot of "garod" (nostalgia just doesn't sound as nice) for Armenia, even if I haven't been there. I've been reciting "Yes im anoosh Hayasdani" way before "O Canada", and that has created a bigger sense of longing for Armenia.

jahannam, ya, roupen is pretty cool (though I don't agree with him on some issues). The guy is pure genius. The song "Kazananots" about censorship, simply amazing. I love armenian singers who don't stick to "aha yegav harsntsoon".

Comment

Re: Who plans on going back home?

Originally posted by fIReBuRntInHeLL
                  Ok then, go and live there
                  well that's what I've been saying all along!!!

Comment

I'm going to armenia this coming August..and it will be my first visit..Can't wait i'm very excited to see my home land

Comment

I'll be there from mid-july to mid-august

ge desnvink!

Comment

Working...
                      X