Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

The youth is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The youth is...

Today I was walking around my dorm and I was asking people to sign the peition to recall the Honorable Gray Davis. The first question I ask is "are you registered to vote," because if you are not registered you cant sign it. I was surprised, and yes I counted, that only half of my xxxxin dorm building was regisitered to vote!!! All these people are screaming liberal ideology in my face and thehippies arent even registered. Can you believe it. :x

I dont care what party you are with, just register!!!What is with the apathy? PLEASE TELL ME THAT EVERONE IN HERE HAS REGISTERED TO VOTE.

I just needed to vent. It was either this or use a hippy as a punching bag.

Thats better. :P

The first word should say BULLxxxx with a period right after. the youth is...bullxxxx.

Comment

ok... why don't people who are interested in(or crazy about) politics understand that some people ARE NOT interested in politics?
      it's not only you surfer... it's EVERY SINGLE poli sci major I know!

Comment

Jahannam, this is a topic that I take very seriously. Read my signature and you will see why it is important.

How can you not care about politics? Do you even care about the way you live? Did you know that even this conversation we are having involves politics? Not just because of the topic, but because of the science of conflict. That is a whole other topic, but you see my point.

Politics is part of all our lives. To say you dont care about politics is to say you dont care about your life. Each time you dont vote, you allow someone else to choose for you. The danger in this: with increasing amounts of voter apathy, leaders are getting closer and closer to taking power, rather than being elected. Pretty soon, if everyone stops voting, the president will get into power by some other means, and I really dont want to know what those are. This will only lead to a totalitarian dictatorship.

This is the truth, and this is in no way meant to offend you, and if it does, too bad; to not care about politics is stupid. I understand if you dont follow every issue, or memorize all the members of the congress, but you should be registered to vote and have a common understanding of the system and practicality of politics. If you are not registered to vote, then stop complaining about the hardhships in life. Politics can solve those hard ships, but because you dont care about politics, then stop complainaing. People at my school are such idiots, they act like they care, and the preach commuism and how it is the moral system, but the xxxxxxxs arent even registered?

It is said that if you took away peoples political rights away 100 years ago in America, the citizen would lose half of their life. If you took the political rights of citizens away now, most people would not even notice.

Ignorance is bliss jahannam, that is why you dont care. Us politics majors know the corruptions and complexities that exist and can occur in politics. Having this knowledge, poly sci majors have taken responsibility. We have learned things that make us uncomfortable and we get a little ticked when someone is truly apathetic enough to not even fill out a form to register. With knowledge, comes responsibility.

Being a poly sci major is like taking the red pill in the matrix if you see my point. You have taken the blue pill, living in a dream world and are ignorant to the importance of politics.

"The unexamined life is not worth living."

Aristotle

Comment

But since all is predestined what does it matter? Remember, there are those that argue that "voting" is nothing more than a show to make the masses believe they are participating in 'democracy' when in reality both candidates are backed with money from the banking and corporate element. That is why neither party dare lay hands on the illegal Federal Reserve.
          Achkerov kute.

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymouse
            But since all is predestined what does it matter? Remember, there are those that argue that "voting" is nothing more than a show to make the masses believe they are participating in 'democracy' when in reality both candidates are backed with money from the banking and corporate element. That is why neither party dare lay hands on the illegal Federal Reserve.
            What you speak of is political philosophy and theory. It sounds a lot like Fydor Dostoevsky who is one of my favorite authors. He said that voting is a just a facade to make people believe they are participating. Though you bring the importance of philosophy in this argument, you must understand that there is a more practical side to it.

There are two forms of social control. One is the state (government), and the other is the market. The state exerts authority to excercise political power and control. The market uses exchange as its principal power. The federal reserve deals with finance and money. Consumers who wield money, bring their purchasing power to the market. The market is involved with governing the people, and if people have control over the market, then they have control over the state. The market determines all policy, and policy is formed by the state. Therefore, we control the state through political rights granted through the state, and through exchange in the market.

The market truly does form our nations policy. Why do you think we went to war? I think we went to suit our interests, our market interests. If we didnt demand certain things then policy would not be shaped the way it is.

Oil is a big issue. I would fight for oil any day and die for it willingly. With out it, people would die. The market demands oil to produce food and clothing. Oil is what keeps our factories going. We produce the largest wheat export, and we have the garlic and artichoke capitol of the world not too far from my campus. With out all the oil that ran the tractors to make these farms successful, there would be more hungry people in the world. Also clothing, many people would be without clothes if we didnt have oil to run the factories. We are also greedy. We drive gas guzzling SUVs, and our nation has gone to war so that we can have cheaper access to fuel. SUVs, food, and clothing are all products on the market that we buy. This shapes our nations policy. We do have more power than people think.

I just used the war as an example to illustrate how our exchange in the market is reflected in the policy making that occurs at the state. We have the power, we just refuse to see it.

Now if people have a view on the war then they are intrested in politics. What they dont realize is that the clothes they wear, the food they eat, and the cars they drive are a result of it. If you really cared, you would stop driving, go hunting and butcher an animal yourself or grow tomatoes in your back yard. Like Dostoevsky said, and I paraphrase, the people will rise up and rebel, and march and burn buildings, and they will feel good as if they did something. Then it will all go back to the way it was again.

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of the supernatural, the occult, the esoteric knowledge that pervades, the mathematical precision of things ( numerology ).
              Achkerov kute.

Comment

surfer... see? your attitude towards this topic? tha's EXACTLY what i meant when i said you guys don't understand... lol
                the only thing politicians are good at is TALK.... talk talk talk talk...
                and I dunno if youve noticed ... and no offense or anything... but this is the only topic in this forum youve sort of figured all out and are ready for... therefore a third person who might be reading this... might think ... WOW surfer wins... he's making good points...
                guess what... I don't care... cuz I don't and will never care about politics
                AND THAT DOESNT MAKE ME STUPID....lol

Comment

Surfer armo has a very trusty view of the government and the system. He is more along the lines of we make a difference whereas I believe we don't, and society is specifically constructed in the way so as to use acts of subterfuge to make us believe we have some petty power over things.

The Federal Reserve is exactly what has been the reason for constant wars and inflation and deflation and rising interests and taxes. It is this institution that has been behind the curtains pulling the strings. Anyone who truly knows politics knows about the racket that the federal reserve is.
                  Achkerov kute.

Comment

The war on Iraq wasn't just for oil, it was to contend the rising status of the Euro replacing the dollar as the major currency, to get the untapped oil reserves of the region, and gain a strategic foothold for U.S. and Israeli hegemony. That is all. Any other reason for this war is pure bunk and illusive and if anyone believes the reason for the war, then that only shows how far acts of subterfuge and propaganda can go.
                    Achkerov kute.

Comment

Working...
                    X