Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Commuter trains crash in Glendale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commuter trains crash in Glendale

I sincerely hope none of you had any family members or friends on either of these trains. I can't believe it! This guy just left his jeep on the train tracks and one train hit the jeep and got derailed and went and hit another train.

Train crash...
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

yeah my mom told me, that guy wanted to commit suicide, but he jumped out of his jeep when the train was coming. What an F-ing idiot. He was to scared to kill himself so he ends up killing a whole bunch of other people.

Comment

Stupid man. Why sit in the car? If he wanted to kill himself why wouldn't he just jump in front on foot? Idiot. So, now this suicidal idiot lives and causes a bunch of other people to die or be injured.
      [COLOR=#4b0082][B][SIZE=4][FONT=trebuchet ms]“If you think you can, or you can’t, you’re right.”
      -Henry Ford[/FONT][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR]

Comment

Thank god it wasn't caused by terrrorists.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

I don't think he really wanted to kill himself, he just wanted to get attention... why didn't he drive away and instead walked? He probably thought, If I drive away no on would know I wanted to kill myself and pitty me, so I'll leave the car so something big can happen...
          Even if he wanted to end his life, how very selfish of him to want to take other with him.

Originally posted by Anonymouse
          Thank god it wasn't caused by terrrorists.
          Yeah, but that sure gave them an idea! lol

Comment

My aunt takes the train to work...I didn't know if she was on it or not...I called her cell, she didn't pick up...so we were definitely worried.

But she called soon after, and said she was already off the train (she takes a different one apparently) and at work....thank God

Comment

Question: Are the people who are injured in such incidents like this or like 9/11, and consequently receive medical care, billed afterwards, or does the Gov. take care of it?

Comment

Hmm, good question...why don't you get on the next train that crashes so we could find out

Comment

Originally posted by spiral
                  Question: Are the people who are injured in such incidents like this or like 9/11, and consequently receive medical care, billed afterwards, or does the Gov. take care of it?
                  I think since 9-11 was a terrorist thing the government took care of all the bills and stuff. I'm not sure about what will happen in the train crash case. I think that people will probably sue the city or whoever has responsibility for the train on the grounds that the train was unsafe and better safeguard should have been in place. For example, the train car that hit the jeep was a passenger car because in these trains the passenger car is in the front and the huge train engine whatever is in the back. So the train pushes on the tracks insteas of pulls. If it had been the other way around and the heavy train engine thing had hit the car first, the train probably would not have derailed as it did... and so on.. anyway I'm curious to see what happenes and who gets sued and how things are settled as a result of one dumbarse who failed miserably at killing himself more than three times.
                  The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. -- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Comment

Originally posted by Mags
                    Hmm, good question...why don't you get on the next train that crashes so we could find out
                    ROFLMAO!!!

I've heard that Metrolink has this procedure that they have an engine pulling the rest of the train-cars from North to South (or vice versa) and then when the train arrives to the last stop, they don't turn it around or attach an engine to pull it back South to North (or vice versa). Instead, they have the engine push the train-cars from the back. That is one of the reasons why when the train-car (with people in it) hit that car, it got derailed. If it was the engine, it would have just trashed the car and gone through it (that usually happens).

Now, if this is true, and Metrolink is found guilty of doing something like that, then I think Metrolink has to pay for everything (but I'm sure they have a BIG A** insurance company backing them up so they don't have to be worried). If they're not guilty, then probably it would be a government funded situation.

Damn, ckBejug, we both wrote the same thing at the same time. (Talking about the train pulling-pushing situation).
                    Last edited by EYYBABA23; 01-27-2005, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X