Announcement

Collapse

Forum Rules (Everyone Must Read!!!)

1] What you CAN NOT post.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this forum to post any material which is:
- abusive
- vulgar
- hateful
- harassing
- personal attacks
- obscene

You also may not:
- post images that are too large (max is 500*500px)
- post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or cited properly.
- post in UPPER CASE, which is considered yelling
- post messages which insult the Armenians, Armenian culture, traditions, etc
- post racist or other intentionally insensitive material that insults or attacks another culture (including Turks)

The Ankap thread is excluded from the strict rules because that place is more relaxed and you can vent and engage in light insults and humor. Notice it's not a blank ticket, but just a place to vent. If you go into the Ankap thread, you enter at your own risk of being clowned on.
What you PROBABLY SHOULD NOT post...
Do not post information that you will regret putting out in public. This site comes up on Google, is cached, and all of that, so be aware of that as you post. Do not ask the staff to go through and delete things that you regret making available on the web for all to see because we will not do it. Think before you post!

2] Use descriptive subject lines & research your post. This means use the SEARCH.

This reduces the chances of double-posting and it also makes it easier for people to see what they do/don't want to read. Using the search function will identify existing threads on the topic so we do not have multiple threads on the same topic.

3] Keep the focus.

Each forum has a focus on a certain topic. Questions outside the scope of a certain forum will either be moved to the appropriate forum, closed, or simply be deleted. Please post your topic in the most appropriate forum. Users that keep doing this will be warned, then banned.

4] Behave as you would in a public location.

This forum is no different than a public place. Behave yourself and act like a decent human being (i.e. be respectful). If you're unable to do so, you're not welcome here and will be made to leave.

5] Respect the authority of moderators/admins.

Public discussions of moderator/admin actions are not allowed on the forum. It is also prohibited to protest moderator actions in titles, avatars, and signatures. If you don't like something that a moderator did, PM or email the moderator and try your best to resolve the problem or difference in private.

6] Promotion of sites or products is not permitted.

Advertisements are not allowed in this venue. No blatant advertising or solicitations of or for business is prohibited.
This includes, but not limited to, personal resumes and links to products or
services with which the poster is affiliated, whether or not a fee is charged
for the product or service. Spamming, in which a user posts the same message repeatedly, is also prohibited.

7] We retain the right to remove any posts and/or Members for any reason, without prior notice.

- PLEASE READ -

Members are welcome to read posts and though we encourage your active participation in the forum, it is not required. If you do participate by posting, however, we expect that on the whole you contribute something to the forum. This means that the bulk of your posts should not be in "fun" threads (e.g. Ankap, Keep & Kill, This or That, etc.). Further, while occasionally it is appropriate to simply voice your agreement or approval, not all of your posts should be of this variety: "LOL Member213!" "I agree."
If it is evident that a member is simply posting for the sake of posting, they will be removed.

8] These Rules & Guidelines may be amended at any time. (last update September 17, 2009)

If you believe an individual is repeatedly breaking the rules, please report to admin/moderator.
See more
See less

Gary Kasparov Retires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anonymouse
    Kasparov's mother is Armenian, and his father is a Jew, he's Jewrmenian.

Comment

Jewrmenian? ahahahahah Only here....

To be honest, I didnt hear that he had Armenian blood until this thread. Its the weirdest feeling to find out that someone you knew of is Armenian, no? Or Maybe Im just a Nationalist and its just me...

Do you guys know Archil Gorky? He was a total Armenian, and even a Genocide survivor. He lost his mother as a child, and was forever obsessed with the perfect Armenian woman. He died in NY as a famous painter. He changed his name so he could pretend to be related to the famous real Gorky, to become famous easier. I thought it was kinda lame, but what can I say...

I have heard that Cher is half Armenian, and then of course there are SOAD and Gwen Stephani (sp)

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoBarbi
        Jewrmenian? ahahahahah Only here....

To be honest, I didnt hear that he had Armenian blood until this thread. Its the weirdest feeling to find out that someone you knew of is Armenian, no? Or Maybe Im just a Nationalist and its just me...

Do you guys know Archil Gorky? He was a total Armenian, and even a Genocide survivor. He lost his mother as a child, and was forever obsessed with the perfect Armenian woman. He died in NY as a famous painter. He changed his name so he could pretend to be related to the famous real Gorky, to become famous easier. I thought it was kinda lame, but what can I say...

I have heard that Cher is half Armenian, and then of course there are SOAD and Gwen Stephani (sp)
        Actually Gwen Stefani is not Armenian. She is a turd.
        Achkerov kute.

Comment

jewrmenian! that is good! i like that one... LOL! ohh man i am gonna laugh at this for like 2 or 3 days (on and off)

Comment

Anyway - lets not taint a thread about Gary Kasparov - a truly great Armenian and human being - that makes us proud with discussions concerning lesser mortals...(and at least lets keep the talk to chess eh?)
            Last edited by winoman; 03-18-2005, 08:29 AM.

Comment

And lets at least get this back to chess.

My 2 boys were in a (school) chess tournament on Wedensday. My eldest was essentailly the second seed as he came in second last year. My youngest (3rd grade) was too young too play last year but actually got a decent seed as the quaility of his play is quite good (for elementary school). It was some sort of double elimination tournament (I didn't really pay attention to the detail of such) - and anyway - my eldest lost to the eventual (and 3 time repeat) winner (shame as he had beaten him 2 out of 3 just prior to the tournament)...and ended up in a showdown with my youngest...well my youngest won!!! (for only the 2nd time ever against his [overconfident] older brother)...(yeah tears were shed... awww I did/do feel bad for him - but he got over it...with lots of good humour and such later...). So anyway - my 3rd grader went on to win the rest of his matches (in very aggressive, sometimes come from behind style! - fun chess to watch...) and won 2nd place in the tournament (with lots of kids 3rd-6th grade)! yippie!
              Last edited by winoman; 03-18-2005, 08:32 AM.

Comment

congradulations!

what tournament were they in?

Comment

Originally posted by Harut82
                  congradulations!

what tournament were they in?
                  Just a tournament at their school. There are a few strong players - one kid from Russia and 2 or 3 from India or Pakistan (can't always tell which) - but it was the Indian kid who won (now on his 3rd year in a row...)

The rate my kids are going they shall be able to (both perhaps) beat me in a few years - and I'm not a shabby player - but a bit rusty at the moment....I actually won the county (High School aged) title when I was 15 - beating 2 players who were clearly better then me....I played the game of my life (at least till then - and maybe perhaps ever...peaked early as it were... ) against one and really psyched out the other (best player) - offering him a draw every turn and needling him at every oppurtunity....he had a (real) nervous breakdown just after the game....poor guy

Comment

Wow, you were a cruel kid. lol

Comment

Originally posted by ArmoBarbi
                      Wow, you were a cruel kid. lol
                      Yeah - you should have seen what I managed to do to some of my teachers! (I actually feel bad about some of the things I did...not that most perhaps didn't deserve it...but not all really)...yeah I was mean...sometimes... The chess guy was a real prick. Even his own teamates were laughing at him and congratulated me (behind his back)...

Comment

Working...
                      X